New Dewalt 20V Brushless Impact Wrench - Unidentified

jevink

April in the EU means January 2017 in the USA. Dewalt can be super slow at times bring tools over. The battery powered framing nailer was a big one. I also still can't believe dewalt doesn't have the cordless trim nailers out yet. That is a pretty big hole they haven't filled in the product line.

• Like 1

I wonder if the people at DeWALT do know why it takes so long with the finish nailer(s). Yes (s), because I doubt we will see the range at once (15GA, 16Ga and 18GA) Maybe they won't even do a 15GA anymore as they discontinued the previous model...

Questions....

I had in my hand today.. Dahm! It is nice.. Compact.. 3 speed.. 950Nm

!!! 750ft/lb? I was getting ready to buy the 400 ft/lb one thinking that was an awful lot for a cordless tool. If that number is correct this thing will turn tractor trailer lug nuts. (o.0)

• 3 weeks later...

Found a instagram post of the new wrench and upcoming... Batteries with bluetooth technology so you can connect with your phone and recieve info in a app? Sounds space-crazy to me. Can't see a real world benefit with that. Only extra cost for the battery. Only hope they don't make it a standard on every battery. https://instagram.com/p/yfUuobE36-/https://instagram.com/p/yhcXqTwIEp/

The bluetooth compatibility is so that when the batteries are paired with your device they will only work when you are in range, it's more of a security device if someone was to steal your tool or battery.

I see. But I don't have to worry about that at my work. In fact we often borrow each others tools now and then so that would be frustrating if I borrow my screwdriver to one of my buddies and must then deactivate the security alarm or borrow my phone to my buddy along with the screwdriver.

Sorry guys if I sound pessimistic to this feature, I'm sure many out there would love this feature and therefor hope it comes as a alternative feature so not all of us are forced to pay for this thing we don't need at all. I do need to add that I love innovative stuff and looking forward to see what it's capable of and maybe even change my mind about the whole thing once I see it in action.