My lil M12 Fam so far.

Bigmikez

I've got a couple of the 4.0 and use them in my Fuel Havkzall. Surprised how long that saw will run doing moderate work. Plus although the bigger than the M12 Hackzall, the Furl version is still compact enough to get into tight areas. Mike, you're going to love that little guy. I love mine and use it fairly frequently. Mostly for buffing. I get my Dremel accessories, cutoff wheels, buff pads etc not to mention carving blades. and it is just a great comfortable tool. Only wish I had was an LED light on the front end. Not the tip as you can add Dremel attachments to the screw cap.

• Like 1

Not the tip as you can add Dremel attachments to the screw cap.

can you expand on this, pictures maybe?

I'm thinking your saying you can unscrew the black tip on the m12 tool and add accessories from dremel accessories.. that would be awesome. Is the any dust port or drywall cutout support ring type accessories??

nothing wrong with having to many batteries however I think because of the high cost of these things I would rather spend the money on other tools and share batteries......I'd rather have 10 tools and 2 batteries versus 2 tools and 10 batteries.....

Thanks NER! I know man I have to watch my ass now lol!  gotta save money for the next holiday deals and im gonna take that advice and go out and get her something this week, she deserves it with all the craziness she puts up with me and the kiddos.

can you expand on this, pictures maybe?

I'm thinking your saying you can unscrew the black tip on the m12 tool and add accessories from dremel accessories.. that would be awesome. Is the any dust port or drywall cutout support ring type accessories??

Yeah NER, the tip can be removed for accessories that screw on. As far as DC goes though, I have not seen anything for the M12. Additionally I have never used the tool as a drywall tool but I know there are blades for it. I'm not sure how it would do but it does work great as a compact cutoff tool.

NER...the below mentioned is not from me but from Amazon customer review...I hope this helps! Chris

Exact Quote from Amazon....

Not sure why this gets so many good reviews. I went to a local big box store that sold the same item after reading about it here on amazon. I have a Milwaukee 12v cordless rotary tool and while this is not a Dremel tool my issue has nothing to do with branding. The guide has the same screw threads as the Milwaukee and fits perfectly fine. No issues there, I thought it was great that it fit. Then I tried to use it with a router bit to do some test routing on some softwood. I wanted to get the hang of it before trying it on my finish pieces. Here is the issue, look at the picture of the guide head. See that one tiny spring loaded screw that holds it at a particular depth? Worthless! Won't hold it straight to save its life. I tried pushing it all the way to the top to keep it flat and adjust the bit to a depth I wanted with a ruler but it still has a little flex in it so you don't get a straight cut. If you want my advice, if you plan to router something, just spend the 80-90 dollars and just buy a dedicated finish router for stuff around the house. Don't waste your money like I did. If they beef this thing up and add at least 2 more set screws it might work. As for now, it just does a really good job at messing up your cuts.

as promised and as suggested, the Dremel attachment works like a charm on the end of the Milwaukee rotary m12 tool, in fact the threads are the same woot.....I am only assuming most Dremel attachments would be the same.....

DSC_0115.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

• Like 1

I'm pretty pumped about this because I was torn between buying the makita 18v drywall cutout tool or the m12 rotary..

the makita would have obviously worked much better for drywall work but would have been clumsy for most other dremel tool type tasks. The m12 rotary obviously excels at all the other Dremel tasks but would have been much more difficult for drywall work without the collar. I really liked how light and compact the m12 was also... I had decided to go with the m12 rotary because I don't do a ton of sheet rock and when I did I would just use my finger as a guide but now with this I have the best of both worlds!!

That's frikin awesome guys! Any chance you've used these yet?

I haven't used it yet.. I have two drywall jobs lined up for a week from now.. It solid when you have the collar retracted most of the way back.. when you extend it out to the last 1/3 (like to reduce debt of cut) it gets a little wobbly. For drywall I won't ever have to fend it out more than 1/8 thought so it should be great!