Bosch ROS65 VC unboxing Video

ChrisK

Samuel, I had (still do don't use it though) a B&D sheet sander. Hate it. Sheet sanders can be finicky, you have to learn how to use it with the wood and the project to get the most out of the sander. I will probably buy a sheet sander and more likely than not this one for finishing. I have had the same problem too in the past to. I think using the right paper, pressure and the quality of the paper and tool are what make the sander work.

which brand are those?

I have a B&D that is probably older than me and a Mastercraft one that is probably 12 years old.

Samuel, I had (still do don't use it though) a B&D sheet sander. Hate it. Sheet sanders can be finicky, you have to learn how to use it with the wood and the project to get the most out of the sander. I will probably buy a sheet sander and more likely than not this one for finishing. I have had the same problem too in the past to. I think using the right paper, pressure and the quality of the paper and tool are what make the sander work.

Yea dose not help that the backing plate on both are exposed down to bare metal on the corners, I haven't gotten around to buying a new sander because all my projects have been small so I just hand sand everything.

tell your boss homedepot has it for $215 and maybe he throws additional 10% in. ( ok homedepot in the states :P )

i eye balled this ros for a long time too, just because of the vibration control and the extra handle. 

the smaller brother (ros20VSK) just starts to hurt in ma hands after like 1h of sanding or so.

so how you like the sander so far chris?

Madman....I friggin' love it. I'll do a full review on it but yesterday I was using it to sand mud in the bedroom with my Wife. Samantha was using the smaller ES125 (Festool) and I was using this beast. I finished more wall in forty minutes by far than she. The ES125 has the five inch pad whereas I am using the six inch so naturally I could go further, faster. The dampening control is awesome. It is heavy using it over head but not too bad. The DC is great though I haven't used the canister, it's been plugged right into my Midi. It's got two vent holes on the vac shaft so some debris does escape from it, but truly very little $215 and this is a steal on Amazon or HD.

Wait we have 3 of these at work on the clearance shelf for 219 I am totally getting one.

Samuel, it really is worth every penny. You get excellent storage in the l boxx 3d and I can fit two boxes of Mirka paper in it. Two pads for five and six inch diameter basically making it two in one. Made in Switzerland, three year warranty. That price is a steal dude.

Madman....I friggin' love it. I'll do a full review on it but yesterday I was using it to sand mud in the bedroom with my Wife. Samantha was using the smaller ES125 (Festool) and I was using this beast. I finished more wall in forty minutes by far than she. The ES125 has the five inch pad whereas I am using the six inch so naturally I could go further, faster. The dampening control is awesome. It is heavy using it over head but not too bad. The DC is great though I haven't used the canister, it's been plugged right into my Midi. It's got two vent holes on the vac shaft so some debris does escape from it, but truly very little $215 and this is a steal on Amazon or HD.

im glad you enjoy it. its really cool that it comes with the lboxx3. so you save $60 right there.

its weird the sheet sander costs 60 bucks more but it doesnt come with a lboxx. ( in EU it comes in a lboxx )

ya i really think to jump on this tool as well

Samuel, it really is worth every penny. You get excellent storage in the l boxx 3d and I can fit two boxes of Mirka paper in it. Two pads for five and six inch diameter basically making it two in one. Made in Switzerland, three year warranty. That price is a steal dude.

Oh its going to only cost pennies after the discount I get on it because its clearance.

how much more you get on that one?

Well I did sign a contract that says I cant talk about that until 5 years after I stop working there but It was supposed to also be seen by 2 witnesses when I signed it  but there wasn't so on clearance Items I get it for half usually.

oh and the ones at work are the ROS65VC5 not ROS65VCL so It only has the 5 inch pad and I don't think it has the case ether.

damn for $39 i would have bought one too. cant go wrong for that price.

i also love this review for the ros65

review_zpsrz0vsi9e.jpg

Yeah I read that. There is a reason you have to keep up with reviews because of BS comments like this tool left. Seriously, before you leave a review....actually learn how to use the tool, put said tool to use THEN leave feedback. Some tool reviewers are like uninformed voters. Thanks Obama Care.