new jobsite table saw - GTS1041A

madman_us

INFO from TIA facebook page:

Reaxx - Bosch is announcing a new portable jobsite table saw, model GTS1041A. The new Reaxx saw is awesome, we first saw this at World of Concrete. What's so special? Think of a sawstop, but 20 times better. You get Bosch performance, with a state of the art safety feature. If your finger touches the blade, the saw will instantly and save your finger. Best part, you dont have to spend hundreds of dollars to replace parts after the safety feature activates, plus no down time. All you do is replace a cartridge and go back to work. How cool is this. We will have a more in depth article on Tools in Action on Wednesday

They must have kept this under pretty tight wraps, I never heard a thing about it..

It's about time someone else stepped into the market.

From one of the blogs I was reading about it this morning (I think coptool) they mentioned it would make its official debut at JLC later this week. I'll be there and will try to take some pictures, video and even action video of it if they are demonstrating it

This is a huge win for Bosch. I hope Sawstop feels the competition breathing down their necks. I haven't like their lobbying for the Sawstop to be required on all saws. It should still be a choice. Nice to another other option coming out.

This is a huge win for Bosch. I hope Sawstop feels the competition breathing down their necks. I haven't like their lobbying for the Sawstop to be required on all saws. It should still be a choice. Nice to another other option coming out.

I hope Sawstop is audited by the IRS.

Wait, did I say that out loud? I hate those pricks.

• Like 1

This is great news. I like the idea of the sawstop, but it is very expensive to purchase and also to replace when it is activated. I hope all tool companies are coming up with their own versions. There needs to be more competition with the "flesh detection" technology. 

Even with multiple skill levels table saws like chain saws can bite just because. You could be doing everything safe and something strange happens. Thanks to the internet chainsaws kind of freak me out now 21 year old jason would use one with out even thinking twice.

Even with multiple skill levels table saws like chain saws can bite just because. You could be doing everything safe and something strange happens. Thanks to the internet chainsaws kind of freak me out now 21 year old jason would use one with out even thinking twice.

when i run gas powered chainsaws then just with protection gear, those safety pants and boots....

during a seminar back in germany from the fire department, a chain broke and it ripped right into the safety pants. the person was lucky that he was wearing those safety pants otherwise with jeans, short pants or other pants it would be really nasty.