Cordless Miter, Home Depot gives us some of the goods

AmSup

FINALLY. And that thing looks SWEET. Saves pictures for posterity. XPS. Positive stops. Built in handles that actually look functional (looking at you DWS780). 

Only thing it doesn't do is dual bevel. 

They probably did that to keep the weight and size down. A 10" blade would have been really cool but either way a cordless miter saw is pretty dang awesome. Are they running the batteries in parallel or series? Because its marketed as a 20 volt tool not a 40v

I just was going to save the stat's also

PRODUCT OVERVIEW
Model # DCS361M1 Internet # 205983654

The DEWALT DCS361M1 Miter Saw allows you to take a Miter Saw just about anywhere you can go. No need to lug around generators or extension cords with this DEWALT cordless miter saw. Includes DCB200 20-Volt MAX Battery, DCB112 12-Volt - 20-Volt MAX Charger, carbide blade, user’s guide, blade wrench and material clamp.

• Utilizes 20-volt MAX battery pack which provides up to 150 cuts on 2x6
  • Integrated XPS cross cut positioning system provides adjustment free cut line indication for better accuracy and visibility
  • Capacity to cup up to 3-5/8 in. nested crown and 3-1/2 in. base vertically, will cut 2x8 lying flat
  • Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 10 positive stops improves productivity and ensures cutting accuracy
  • Oversized bevel scale makes bevel angle adjustments accurate and easy
  • Compact, lightweight design (30 lbs.) allows for easy transport and storage
  • Cam lock miter handle delivers quick and accurate miter angles
  • Precise miter system and machined base fence support optimize durability and cutting accuracy
  • Like 1

Wasn't this teased in a video clip like 4 years ago?

The one I saw was like 4 months I think, but yea a long time coming...

For $400 the only thing else I'd ask for is a standard 5ah battery. Taking what is surely one of the most if not the most demanding tool in the lineup and giving it a 3ah is kind of silly IMO. Even the $200 blower is coming with a 5ah...

Oh my bad what I though was another battery was the motor housing. I don't think Dewalt ships anything with 3.0ah batteries anymore unless its a special value product. All the regular sku's are 4.0ah now. You will find 3.0ah kits but that's just old stock.

I wish Milwaukee would bring their miter over also they use an 8 1/2" blade. http://www.milwaukeetool.eu/powertools/cordless/m18-sms216/

Oh my bad what I though was another battery was the motor housing. I don't think Dewalt ships anything with 3.0ah batteries anymore unless its a special value product. All the regular sku's are 4.0ah now. You will find 3.0ah kits but that's just old stock.

I wish Milwaukee would bring their miter over also they use an 8 1/2" blade. http://www.milwaukeetool.eu/powertools/cordless/m18-sms216/

Hey DR, is that the one that's available in Europe?