Cordless Miter, Home Depot gives us some of the goods

AmSup

Holy smokes! AINA and NOT NAINA ???? ???? Alright!

You're confused? You know where I got those abbreviations from.... a certain ownersgroup... ;)

AINA = available in North America / NAINA = not available in North America. People there throw them when Festool here launches a new tool and there's no sign of a US release till date.

Freaking awesome! The 30lb weight is perfect for portability. The small blade should lend itself to very minimal if any blade deflection. The XPS is a great feature for that saw. If it's brushless and ships with the 4 or 5 amp this may hit my punch out tools.

Oh my bad what I though was another battery was the motor housing. I don't think Dewalt ships anything with 3.0ah batteries anymore unless its a special value product. All the regular sku's are 4.0ah now. You will find 3.0ah kits but that's just old stock.

Just reading the model number off the page. Matches the 3.0ah battery. DCB200. 

"The DEWALT DCS361M1 Miter Saw allows you to take a Miter Saw just about anywhere you can go. No need to lug around generators or extension cords with this DEWALT cordless miter saw. Includes DCB200 20-Volt MAX Battery, DCB112 12-Volt - 20-Volt MAX Charger, carbide blade, user’s guide, blade wrench and material clamp."

• Like 1

One other thing I forgot about is that it would be nice if it was both corded and cordless, the option to interchange would be invaluable for a mobile operation like I run where some days a few cuts is all I need and others I'm set up for a week in the same location. 

I know this doesn't seem to look that way but I don't know why more tools don't come with an option to do both these days. 

looks to be a really nice saw.. 

the price point is incredible, the Makita that has been out for a while now is around $600 and thats without a battery!!   hopefully this is a kick in Makitas but to maybe redesign or at least drop the price point of their saw.  competition is always a good thing.

the brushless question definitely does pass through my mind.. i doubt it is or else they would have plastered it all over the saw and listing on home depot.. also, am i correct in saying that Dewalt doesn't have a brushless saw yet? maybe they haven't gotten the tech right yet or cant get the cost down.. thats probably a big contributing factor to why the price is as good as it is. 

nothing wrong with brushed tools though, they are great tried and true motors that can kick out just as much bang as most brushless motors..  anyone buying this probably has a load of batteries already so run time really shouldn't be an issue.. 

• Like 1