DCB107 Charger

Jason George

I purchased a Dewalt DCF610 & battery on Ebay for a quite reasonable price...

It comes with a DCB107 charger... I purchased from a seller in the USA so I am wondering if the charger will work in New Zealand with the use of a simple plug converter / adaptor...???  We have 230v power in New Zealand.

Does anyone know if the USA DCB107 chargers are multi voltage for input??? If they are not then a simple adaptor will not work either??

Is the only way to get it to work via an expensive step down transformer or something of the sort???

The deal was pretty good for just the battery and tool so I'm happy either way but it would be nice to be able to use the charger instead of buying a new one!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Instead of buying a household stepdown transformer I decided to get a power inverter for the car which is 12V to 110V... I figured if we can do the same for our 230-240v power in NZ to run house hold devices in the car then it's really no different doing it for a USA 110v device... I'll use the tool for work on the car 95% of the time so it's no hassle at all the charge it in the car.... Works out much cheaper doing this way too!

Yeah, probably more than enough. A DC-DC inverter is very efficent. Usually in the 90-95 % range. And its charge-time gives a 24W figure. But this is not peak, and will be the average charge-power. (Slows a bit down in the end of the charge-cycle)

At the start it will be a bit higher, but not nearly 150W. So I do belive it fits perfectly.

• 4 years later...

I live in Thailand (220V) and I shipped my tools from USA (115V). I was interested in this topic and wish to update it. 

I have both versions of the Dewalt Charger DCB112 and DCB107 Chargers. I have opened them up and analyzed the electrical components, and Yes, each input transformer for each model is different based on the country the charger is sold in. So, to clarify, If it has a USA style mains plug, then it is designed for 115VAC, if it has a Mains plug for your 220V country, We get a European style two prong plug here in Thailand, this means it is designed for 220VAC.

I have a 2000W 115V step down converter connected to a Plug strip clearly labeled "115VAC only" for all of my USA type chargers. I hope this clarifies the situation.