Makita 100 year anniversary tools with an awesome paint job!! Team Teal Will Love This!!

DR99

I guess Makita is turning 100 this year and to celebrate they are releasing some special edition tools with a metallic paint job. I have to say I might have went Makita over Milwaukee if they had this on all their tools. I know its kinda lame to buy a tool just on how it looks but the Metallic teal on the tools looks pretty sweet. The only thing is I wouldn't want to dirty them up they would be like a collectable show piece if I was a Makita guy. Maybe use them in a shop where it won't get abused. I wonder if they will make it over to the states. Makita seems to ignore American marker compared to others we don't get tools or we get them way later.  http://www.toolstop.co.uk/?q=Metallic

• 2 weeks later...

i saw some in shops recently, they looked kinda cool. Annoying to pair their worst BL impact driver with their best drill though....

I agree with you on that one. I understand why they have it bundled as a regular kit.. mostly for them to keep the cost down and appeal to more buyers.. if you know better or want more you can just get the other kit which is bundled with the xdt01 but they should have gone all in with this limited edition kit. XDT09 would have been sweet

Jess from Bishop Tools was showing me a pic of a gold limited edition 100th anniversary XDT09 impact. Looked pretty sweet but I think he was having trouble getting it to the states I'll post a pic if I can find it in my email later

I think it's really cool that Makita comes out with special addition/colors for anniversarys it be nice if others would do the same

Jess from Bishop Tools was showing me a pic of a gold limited edition 100th anniversary XDT09 impact. Looked pretty sweet but I think he was having trouble getting it to the states I'll post a pic if I can find it in my email later

kCiIrr8.jpg

I still can't get this limited edition XDT09Z here in the USA.

Special edition stuff is always good to see, but I always want to keep collectible/limited things pristine. These would not see much use.

I swear that white "paint" is actually just chalk.

hahaha you guys aren't lying. I can gently run a fingernail etc on it and it's gone. For example, my M12 USB charger looks ancient, and it lives in a padded lunch kit.

I just ordered the normal teal version of this driver, Im not sure I am the sort of fellow that could pull off a Gold impact driver! Ha

It is sweet though.

Your gonna love this impact. It is crazy fast. I have the teal one too, the gold one would be cool for some sort of trophy or something. I couldn't see myself using it and for $300+ (ebay) it's a little steep for a tool that would sit on a shelf.

I just ordered the normal teal version of this driver, Im not sure I am the sort of fellow that could pull off a Gold impact driver!  Ha

It is sweet though.

Welcome to the forum! Also, that machine was built for one man and one man alone.....Mr. T. I pity da foo who mess wit dis gun
  • Like 1

back in my racing days the saying was "if it don't go......Chrome it"

truthfully I think they could have come up with something better than a fancy anodized coloring scheme for 100 years.....