Wait no longer the Dewalt 16gauge Cordless Finish Nailer is here

DR99

I really like it, it's lighter than the old but still heavier than the paslode, which isn't a problem.

It actually feels quite small when your holding it. I just use it with a 2amp battery keeps it lighter and there's no need to use a 4 or a 5 amp.

Nails are the same as the old one.

I have to say honestly I really do like it. It's been well worth the wait.

We just need a positive placement gun now.

Do you know how many nails (approx.) you can shoot on a 2.0Ah?

I've been buying some new tools the last weeks, but I noticed weight is becoming an issue for me. Like I got the DCF620 drywall gun kit (5.0Ah) but think I'm gonna change out the batteries for 2.0Ah as I like it to be lighter and a bit more compact. 

They have a positive placement pneumatic gun now, but yeah, cordless is the way to go.

Although I like their new pneumatic line. I got their siding nailer in today to replace my trusted Max 565S.

Would the two nailers fit in a DS150 box? If the two guns were at 180 degrees to one another, the nose piece of one pointing towards the battery of the other?

Unfortunately not.. They are pretty cosy in a DS300.. Not even 1 alone will fit a DS150...

Right a little update (as promised) regarding the T-stak boxes and the 16g Nailer...

Check out the photos below, and although I stated (on first look) that it won't fit, I must admit I'll have to make a U-turn and admit it does.. Good news for some on here..

It does fit, however not 'comfortably'.. It seems to only fit in the position shown, and it 'distorts' the T-stak box a little, but it will still shut.. 

I think 'long term' you will see a little 'rubbing' or 'distortion' of the rubber oversold on the motor housing (head of the nailer) as it sits tight up against the hinge and the 'webs' of the lid of the box...

Initially it doesn't look like it will fit...

IMG_1144.jpg

Laying flat, the nailer is too long for the box..

IMG_1145.jpg

At an angle with the 'plunger' forced in tight, it fits in the base of the T-stak

IMG_1146.jpg

Slight distortion on the front of the Box by the clasp..

IMG_1147.jpg

It does fit, complete with 2 boxes of nails 32mm and 38mm (1 1/4", 1 1/2") and a charger.

IMG_1149.jpg

Hope some of you find this useful.. Have a good weekend Guys...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered this finish nailer with the 2.0Ah batteries. Talked to my DeWALT rep yesterday and he said they should have stock between now and mid August. The retailer told me they won't be getting it till September 1st...

First come first serve, so put an order in so I don't have to wait like another month like last time with the drywall gun.

Can't freaking wait to try it :)

I just ordered this finish nailer with the 2.0Ah batteries. Talked to my DeWALT rep yesterday and he said they should have stock between now and mid August. The retailer told me they won't be getting it till September 1st...

First come first serve, so put an order in so I don't have to wait like another month like last time with the drywall gun.

Can't freaking wait to try it :)

I checked with my supplier also. He said hopefully two more weeks but said dewalt Europe haven't even got any stock yet. I'm just looking for bare tool myself.I also can't wait to get it and be done with my shitty paslode that I have to play with to get working after every 5 nails

I checked with my supplier also. He said hopefully two more weeks but said dewalt Europe haven't even got any stock yet. I'm just looking for bare tool myself.I also can't wait to get it and be done with my shitty paslode that I have to play with to get working after every 5 nails

Not being launched into Australia until November according to the dewalt Facebook page. Not Happy

• 2 weeks later...

@KWC

pretty much always the same questions:

any idea on list price

a) KIt with battery

B) bare

c) will it ship in a TSTAK or "traditional case"

.... released in Denmark: does it mean shipping to the dealers, or already available at dealerships

what is a big online  (internet) dealer in Belgium; I´m sure they will ship within EU

2)

Is Belgium also introducing the 18V garden tools ?

my findings

UK is only introducing the blower (NOT string trimmer)

Germany is introducing the blower AND stringtrimmer

3)

is the Q3 brochure/leaflet already somewhere available unofficial ? proof reading (private response ok)

thx

• Like 1

@KWC

pretty much always the same questions:

any idea on list price

a) KIt with battery

B) bare

c) will it ship in a TSTAK or "traditional case"

.... released in Denmark: does it mean shipping to the dealers, or already available at dealerships

what is a big online (internet) dealer in Belgium; I´m sure they will ship within EU

2)

Is Belgium also introducing the 18V garden tools ?

my findings

UK is only introducing the blower (NOT string trimmer)

Germany is introducing the blower AND stringtrimmer

3)

is the Q3 brochure/leaflet already somewhere available unofficial ? proof reading (private response ok)

thx

The price.. Hmm I don't what price will be in other countries

The nailer will be at the dealer next week.

Don't know about internetshops.

About garden tool.. I don't know what come in Belgium

I have seen the new Q3 brochure:-) but it is not released yet..

In your experience, what has the time frame been between a Denmark release and a US release?

I have no idea.. Maybe Gator know

Also, yesterday they launched their Tool Connect app on the App Store throughout Europe. 

As for the nailer, I know the prices here in Holland. I ordered it some weeks ago from one of my dealers and they gave me the prices for 3 versions...

DCN660N (bare tool) €399,-

DCN660D2 (with 2x 2.0Ah batteries) €529,-

DCN660P2 (with 2x 5.0Ah batteries) €619,-

Though they may be introductory prices because their suggested retail prices are higher. 

I bought the D2 model. Should be here the first week of september... :)

I just found the 2015 Q3 ebrochure in print production; the ebrochure should be online Sep. 1

(it will be vaild till March 2016, so I assume some kind of extra print for 2016 Jan-Mar introductions, like DCS361 cordless mitre saw)

the q3 brochure did NOT have the bluetooth batteries listed

(however product lauch is said to be Sep15 in Germany, so a bit of surprise why not listed)

back to original question/post

list prices in Germany are:

DCN660 N (bare tool shipping in a TSTAK Deep Box = 439€uro

DCN660D2 = 677€uro

DCN660P2 = 796€uro

2) a bit of surprise was a TSTAK accessory box that fits into a TSTAK drawer

2) a bit of surprise was a TSTAK accessory box that fits into a TSTAK drawer

I have not seen anything about this!! Would love to see some pics if any one has any!! Or has it been talked about in a post I have not seen!!!!!!