M18 Grinder

Bloch98

What do you guys think on the Milwaukee grinder. I have heard great things but mostly about the fuel. The main con I have heard about was them eating the battery but I will mainly be using it short spurts however I do not have any XC batteries just 1.5 ah. I don't really want to spend $275 on the fuel with a 4.0ah so do you think I could run it on my compacts

• Like 1

Imho you will be disappointed in the performance of a brushed Grinder and a Compact battery.  

If you want a good cordless grinder  with a decent runtime you will need the Brushless Fuel model and a bigger battery.

Homedepot also still has a craazy deal on the Makita Brushless Grinder ( With battery and rapid charger )

http://t.homedepot.com/p/Makita-18-Volt-LXT-Lithium-Ion-4-1-2-in-Cordless-Cut-Off-Angle-Grinder-Kit-XAG03M1/205953091/

I would echo the need for an XC battery on a high draw tool like a grinder, and from what I've read, you need brushless for a good grinding experience vs a glorified cutter. My only experience is with my M18 Fuel grinder, can't complain about it.

i would much prefer to have a brushless unit with high capacity battery.

BUT i still get by with my brushed Bosch for the odd bolt/reo cut here and there (<10mm). According to one review, the brushed Metabo grinder is even better than the FUEL, but this is the exception, not the rule.

Slim batteries really aren't ideal for a grinder, but will work for a bit. 

I have both the m18 fuel an m18 non fuel version of millwakee angle grinders.

No questions asked there both battery hogs, an don't compare to there corded versions. I always keep a corded models as well.

There great for small jobs but don't expect to bevel a whole edge with just one battery. For just cutting a lock or something either would do.