Pawn shop find

Charles Harris

Congrats on the new router C Harris! Man once and awhile I stop by our local pawn shops and they never have nothing good :/ and there prices are kinda crazy to. I'm looking into getting a compact router in the near future so that I can up my game this year in wood working, let us know how U like it.

Congrats on the new router C Harris! Man once and awhile I stop by our local pawn shops and they never have nothing good :/ and there prices are kinda crazy to. I'm looking into getting a compact router in the near future so that I can up my game this year in wood working, let us know how U like it.

Thanks. They had this one marked down to $70. I couldn't pass it up.

I'm mounting it in my table now. I like the collets much better already. They seem a lot stronger and you have a separate collet for 1/4" bits. That's my biggest complaint with the ridgid. It has an adapter sleeve for 1/4" bits.

Never bought anything in a pawn shop but "pawn stars" is one of my favorite shows. Next time I'm in Vegas I'm planning to stop by their place. Anyway, looks like a nice find you  have there. What did you pay for it? 

Thanks. They had this one marked down to $70. I couldn't pass it up.

I'm mounting it in my table now. I like the collets much better already. They seem a lot stronger and you have a separate collet for 1/4" bits. That's my biggest complaint with the ridgid. It has an adapter sleeve for 1/4" bits.

70$ bucks that was a good deal man I have a ridged at home don't remember the model off the top of my head its big though im hoping to pick up a compact one later down the line.

• Like 2

70$ bucks that was a good deal man I have a ridged at home don't remember the model off the top of my head its big though im hoping to pick up a compact one later down the line.

My Ridgid is a R2901. 2 HP. It does feel large for smaller stuff.

I would like to pick up a small trim router too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome tool C-Haris! Congrats on your find! I too have the experience of going to pawn shops and either finding nothing good, or finding something they are charging far too much for. It looks like its larger then the other ones, does it also have more power? :)

Actually the specs say the Ridgid has the least power @ 2hp. The Bosch and Hitachi are 2 1/4 hp. The Hitachi is by far the smallest.

Yea, Craiglist and Pawnshops suck around here. The only time you could get a deal is if they bought something they don't know the value on. The internet kinda kills that as it takes only a second to look it up.

My Ridgid is a R2901. 2 HP. It does feel large for smaller stuff.

I would like to pick up a small trim router too.

Actually the specs say the Ridgid has the least power @ 2hp. The Bosch and Hitachi are 2 1/4 hp. The Hitachi is by far the smallest.

This is me. I tried to log in on my phone in tapatalk. It must have created another account. Crazy I didn't select an username or anything. It just used part of my email.

That's a steal. I have the newer version of the one you bought, but the one you got has been the bar for routers for a long time. I bought my set for around 350. You got a great deal for an excellent router, congrats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's a steal. I have the newer version of the one you bought, but the one you got has been the bar for routers for a long time. I bought my set for around 350. You got a great deal for an excellent router, congrats

Thanks. I'm really happy. I posted the ridgid up on eBay and it sold the first day for $100. I'm going to dedicate the Bosch to the router table and use the hitachi for hand held routing.

which "newer" kit are you talking about? that kit he bought is on the market for a really long time.

I'm very pleased to have this model. I don't need the switch in the grip for my router table. Seems like it was a great deal judging from everywhere else I have looked.

I'm considering selling the hitachi also. I'm really liking this Bosch. I might pick up an extra fixed base on eBay for the router table. Doesn't seem like it will be to hard to remove it when needed.

• Like 1

I'm very pleased to have this model. I don't need the switch in the grip for my router table. Seems like it was a great deal judging from everywhere else I have looked.

I'm considering selling the hitachi also. I'm really liking this Bosch. I might pick up an extra fixed base on eBay for the router table. Doesn't seem like it will be to hard to remove it when needed.

Yeah man you got an incredible deal on that thing. I'm glad your enjoying it