Dewalt 20v Cordless Miter Saw

Hugh Jass

So I ordered one of these when they launched at CPO and I still haven't received my order, I think they've fudged up for it to have taken this long so I'm going to call tomorrow and ream some ass. 

Anyone else get theirs yet? I haven't heard anything on it in a while. 

So there's finally a review up for this saw on HD, here it is: 

"just got the saw in today . the saw is Great, but can not belive it only comes with one 3ah battery not too happy about that at all . you would think Dewalt would put a 4Ah or 5ah battery in it

Pros: Accurate
Cons: only one battery"

I pointed out on this forum that the model number associated with the battery was 3ah, but someone here said that it wasn't shipping with the 3ah but the 4ah and it was a misprint. 

Seems I might have been right after all. Boo. 

So there's finally a review up for this saw on HD, here it is:

"just got the saw in today . the saw is Great, but can not belive it only comes with one 3ah battery not too happy about that at all . you would think Dewalt would put a 4Ah or 5ah battery in it

Pros: Accurate

Cons: only one battery"

I pointed out on this forum that the model number associated with the battery was 3ah, but someone here said that it wasn't shipping with the 3ah but the 4ah and it was a misprint.

Seems I might have been right after all. Boo.

So what's happening with yours? Are they being shipped yet?

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched another review I'll link below, he changed out the Dewalt blade for a Diablo and managed 202 cuts with the 4ah battery without stopping, which to me is unbelieveable. I know there was concern from some here about blade tooth rake angle catching the material, but he mentions in the comments that the blade is normal and not special as some had feared. 

I can't wait to try this baby out. 

And I just ordered the dws780 yesterday

I have one too, trust me you won't regret it. This cordless is a very handy and valuable tool but the DWS780 is unmatched in the field for capacity and capability. I ran 7 1/4" base in a 1500 sq ft house by myself yesterday with that saw and it had me grinning from ear to ear, it literally makes me a better carpenter. Yea this saw can do that but with a single bevel it would take twice as long with flipping the boards and transferring measurement marks from one side to the other. Had it been dual bevel somehow my opinion would change a little. 

Right tool for the right job. We all need both in most of our professions or hobbies.

I have one too, trust me you won't regret it. This cordless is a very handy and valuable tool but the DWS780 is unmatched in the field for capacity and capability. I ran 7 1/4" base in a 1500 sq ft house by myself yesterday with that saw and it had me grinning from ear to ear, it literally makes me a better carpenter. Yea this saw can do that but with a single bevel it would take twice as long with flipping the boards and transferring measurement marks from one side to the other. Had it been dual bevel somehow my opinion would change a little.

Right tool for the right job. We all need both in most of our professions or hobbies.

If you could see the saw im replacing with the 780 you will know for sure I'm gonna love this. I'm replacing a 24year old Electra beckum, thing ways a ton. Could never lock it in half a degree of a positive stop or anything. I've never even owned a stand till this one I'm getting. I'll be sure to let everyone know what I think on here