New 9.0 batteries

Charles Harris

This thing is a bomb. Any one thinking about 5.0s or 6.0s any more?

I would love one or two or my grinder and saws but I would be lying if I said I would rather have this than a pair of 5.0s for my drills and impacts. I want to carry less weight wherever possible, not more. I would rather swap batteries at lunch than have one last me all day. 4.0s last me all day as it is.

Any idea on price Eric? This is going to blow the competition away. Seriously, we're trying to get 5 amp batteries and BAM! 9 amp be-hotches!!!!! IN YOUR FACE!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly...Milwaukee's like "Pssshhh...5 amp hour? BAM! Take a look at this big 9 inche..r...umm amp hour"

Wouldn't be surprised to see these batteries costing $200 here in Canada at first. Regular price for 4.0 and 5.0 is 139.99, can be found for 100. My regular retailer also told me prices got raised last spring due to falling dollar, and have noticed it at HD etc. That said I would still rather have a mix of compacts, 5.0 and a 9.0 than the half dozen 4.0 I currently have.

We are in the midst of an energy revolution. This is a sign of that. Hopefully this thing will be relatively affordable for those who need it and the cost for cells will start to drop the price of the smaller batteries.

DeWalt's show especially seems like a distant memory. A good chunk of what I saw from them were yellow versions of 2 year old red tools, and just days later Milwaukee shows the future of cordless tools. Exciting times to already be invested in the red system.

Dewalt does have some big positives like the new miter saw, and nailers. Some of the stuff being made in the USA is pretty big too. From a few comments Dan made Milwaukee is looking into bringing more manufacturing here.  It would have been nice to see Milwaukee release some nailers, but its not really their market either. They sell more trade oriented than general contractor tools. They do have overlap, but its not their big push.

• Like 1