Show me your Makita collection!

kornomaniac

This is my first post on the forum, thought I'd join in and share my collection. I moved from Scotland to Melbourne, Australia 6 months ago, bought a 6 piece kit when I first arrived and have been adding skins and batteries since then. Looking to add the dvc350 vacuum and the cordless sander soon then see what else makita have to offer. Possibly looking to buy the Dewalt 18v 16 gauge nailer and 18v mitre saw unless makita bring out an 18v 16 gauge nailer and a 36v (18vx2) mitre saw because I've heard from a couple of people the 18v makita saw isn't all that great (tears through material) although this may not be true!

Dtd148 Impact Driver Brushless

Dhp481 Combi Drill Brushless

Dhs680 Circular Saw Brushless

Dvj182 Jigsaw Brushless

Dga504 Angle Grinder Brushless

Dtm51 Mutli Tool

Dkp180 Planer

Dgd801 Die Grinder

Bmr102 Radio

18v Flashlight

3x 5.0 ah battery

2x 4.0 ah battery

1x1.5 ah battery

Dual Port charger

You got some nice tools there, I'm new here as well. Welcome to the forum!!

This is my first post on the forum, thought I'd join in and share my collection. I moved from Scotland to Melbourne, Australia 6 months ago, bought a 6 piece kit when I first arrived and have been adding skins and batteries since then. Looking to add the dvc350 vacuum and the cordless sander soon then see what else makita have to offer. Possibly looking to buy the Dewalt 18v 16 gauge nailer and 18v mitre saw unless makita bring out an 18v 16 gauge nailer and a 36v (18vx2) mitre saw because I've heard from a couple of people the 18v makita saw isn't all that great (tears through material) although this may not be true!

Dvj182 Jigsaw Brushless

Dtm51 Mutli Tool

Dkp180 Planer

Dgd801 Die Grinder

Bmr102 Radio

18v Flashlight

3x 5I .0 ah battery

2x 4.0 ah battery

1x1.5 ah battery

Dual Port charger

Welcome to the forum Marsh. How do you like the planer in your kit?

Dvj182 Jigsaw Brushless

Dtm51 Mutli Tool

Dkp180 Planer

Dgd801 Die Grinder

Bmr102 Radio

18v Flashlight

3x 5.0 ah battery

2x 4.0 ah battery

1x1.5 ah battery

Dual Port charger

welcome to the crew Marsh!! and I know a couple of Makita junkies that will like these pics ALOT!! Nice collection u have there!!

Thanks for the feedback everyone! The planer goes great, saves the hassle of carrying around a lead when you have to remove a fair load of material. I work for a modular home company here and we get moved around the factory from module to module quite frequently so having the majority of my tools cordless makes a huge difference! The amount of other workers I see having to unplug tools and plug in new ones, then someone's unplugged their extension lead and they have to chase up where's it's gone to, or even on-site when sometimes there's no power at the start of the job it's very handy. Even avoiding the hassle of having your tools constantly tested and tagged. A decent cordless mitre saw would be great!

Dvj182 Jigsaw Brushless

Dtm51 Mutli Tool

Dkp180 Planer

Dgd801 Die Grinder

Bmr102 Radio

18v Flashlight

3x 5.0 ah battery

2x 4.0 ah battery

1x1.5 ah battery

Dual Port charger

Nice setup man ! =)  Love it !

You really got the best of the best =D

Hmm apart from a what limited depth of cut and the price I do not think the cordless mitre saw has any negatives. There are a few reviews to be found online and they are all positive on the saw.

Have only sold it twice myself but no complaints yet :)   

Do you have the option in Australia to request a Demo machine from Makita? Trough a dealer?  If that's possible over there, that would be your best bet for trying it out :)

Thanks kornomaniac! The sander and the vac will hopefully be next then see what they're offering after that. I considered the brushless SDS but I have no use for it at work just now and one of the other fella's has it, so use his when required!

One of the other British fella's at work has the 18v mitre saw and speaks very highly of it for finishing work/door jambs/light framing etc but he would, he paid $750 for his! Some of the other boys have said (not while the British fella was around haha) that they found it tore through material rather than cut through it, as if the RPM's weren't high enough, I haven't had a chance to try it myself though! Plus it's been on the market for ages, I'd imagine they must be working on a brushless or 2 x 18v model at this moment in time? I currently have the DW717-XE and it's a beast but I'd love to be a cordless carpenter (as much as possible), I reckon Makita have the lineup which would allow me to come close to being that!

The closest possible Yeah :) and the cordlless mitre has indeed a lower rpm of 2200 . if you wanna cut as fast as a corded one that will nog work :) gonna take it a lim slower with the cordless one :D

I think a 10inch brushless 18+18 would be technically possible but it will be so high priced it might not be marketing ready yet.

Wel have to wait and see :D

Yes we need more BL recips on the market now!!

Seriously.. it's been a while that Milwaukee has had theirs out and makitas cordless recips have always been a little crap imo..

it's usually the first and sometimes only tool that I have to plug in during a job. Very frustrating to plug in just for that one tool

I have 3 maybe 15-20 year old Makita corded recip saws and they suck. The trigger locks on all the time after you finish your cut and you have to fight with it to get it to turn off. You have to tighten the blade with a allen key every 2 mins of work because it shakes loose. I took one out of the shed the other day to cut some copper and it stops every five seconds and makes a sound like the gears are stripped this thing has only been used a few times. I keep one in the truck and the gears are fine but has the same problem with the blade and trigger. I actually use a hacksaw (hand powered) for emt pipe if I only have a few cuts to make or I get my old 18v xrp Dewalt for more work.

rek12.jpg

Display with all battery powered garden equipment.  The empty spot on the right holds the cordless lawnmower but it's sold out for the moment

rek13.jpg

Lawn mowers and... no idea what it is called in English. Those things that remove the moss from your garden and gives the grass 'air'  ?

Man, I want that cordless mower in my garage! Why do all the other countries get the cool stuff before the US?