Show me your Makita collection!

kornomaniac

6 hours ago, kiwi_in_oz said:

dga900ptx1.jpg

Anyone know what these will be like. I don't see the point, batteries arent going to last long. A grinder that size (230mm, 10 inch) is going to suck a lot of power.

14 September I get to try em. End of September I'll have em in store.

I expect to to be powerfull enough but lacking in how long the batteries last. Abit like the first cordless 4/5 inch grinders we had 9isch years ago. Good for people who only need to make a cut now and then or people who have lots of batteries. 

We can clearly see the back part has more room for bigger batteries which are coming. When these new batteries arrive we'll be able to combine the power with a long runtime. Untill then... Limited runtime is my guess :)

• Like 1

Woah! Good pics, guys. Yeah, I only have a brushed drill and a 3.0 for their cordless line... it was $50.00 (new) so I couldn't pass it up. However, I do have a few corded things... belt sander, planer, miter saw, etc. I think their wood working stuff is excellent, personally. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2017 at 1:33 PM, kornomaniac said:

We can clearly see the back part has more room for bigger batteries which are coming. When these new batteries arrive we'll be able to combine the power with a long runtime. Untill then... Limited runtime is my guess :)

I heard Makita is going to 21700 cells like Milwaukee. 

15 hours ago, joemontague said:

What??? New batteries he'll yeah I guess they won't work on x2 tools like the rear handle saw?

They will. The rear handle saw battery slots have room to allow for batteries with 21700 cells. ( Only 5 mm more width then current batteries )

The problem will be the older X2 tools like the brushed rotary and circular saw. Bigger batteries I'll not fit on those. Will be interesting to see what Makita will make of that problem. 

Just now, kornomaniac said:

They will. The rear handle saw battery slots have room to allow for batteries with 21700 cells. ( Only 5 mm more width then current batteries )

The problem will be the older X2 tools like the brushed rotary and circular saw. Bigger batteries I'll not fit on those. Will be interesting to see what Makita will make of that problem. 

Awesome  can't wait any idea when they will be available  

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/04/2017 at 2:10 PM, marsh942 said:

Old topic but a little update! 

20 skins and 13 batteries, also just pre-ordered my little 18v Brushless router/trimmer!

IMG_0946.JPG

IMG_0948.JPG

Added these two little beauts to the collection! The vacuum is outstanding, got a great little LED on the front! Haven't had a chance to use the track saw - paid $979 AUD for it - that includes 1400mm track, 2x5.0ah batteries and a double charger! Bargain! Actually sold my TSC55 this week knowing I could get the Makita! 

IMG_1100.JPG

• Like 2