What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

10 hours ago, Kato said:

What I did today was let my daughter use some tools... glue gun and heat gun, to do some crayon art...

7 hours ago, BMack37 said:

That's a lot cooler than you'd expect from a glue gun, heat gun and crayons! Thanks for sharing.

Haha yeah my wife did this and soon found out Crayola was the best crayons for this, apparently some of the cheap brands don't melt nicely and just take a lot more heat I think she said

• Like 1

On 5/8/2017 at 2:35 PM, ChrisK said:

Got my DeeZee rack installed onto my Tundra!

IMG_0565.JPG

IMG_0567.JPG

does this rack serve a purpose other than looks good?

Cleaned mortar from some old brick today. One guy would remove the brick from the wall and 2 others were cleaning them off with hammers.

13 minutes ago, Jronman said:

does this rack serve a purpose other than looks good?

Cleaned mortar from some old brick today. One guy would remove the brick from the wall and 2 others were cleaning them off with hammers.

Yes.

• Like 1

Took a break from the tools, and customers, today. Hiked the mountain out back my house. 93 here, after waking up to 5" on the ground Sunday morning. Found 2 winter-kill moose remains, but not a lot of other sign. Back to the grind tomorrow. Actually, it ain't bad at all, but it's fun to say.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, sparky603 said:

Took a break from the tools, and customers, today. Hiked the mountain out back my house. 93 here, after waking up to 5" on the ground Sunday morning. Found 2 winter-kill moose remains, but not a lot of other sign. Back to the grind tomorrow. Actually, it ain't bad at all, but it's fun to say.

I lucked out bro but my partner who lives up in Grantham got the same. He didn't lose power like half the state though!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

I lucked out bro but my partner who lives up in Grantham got the same. He didn't lose power like half the state though!

I'm a couple towns from there. Only got an inch down in the center of town, but I'm 400' higher. Didn't lose power, and didn't know that so many did. Odd weather lately, for sure.

3 minutes ago, sparky603 said:

I'm a couple towns from there. Only got an inch down in the center of town, but I'm 400' higher. Didn't lose power, and didn't know that so many did. Odd weather lately, for sure.

Amen dude, I'm in Farmington and it was a LIGHT rain. That's it!

13 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

On going, on and off, dentist office I'm been working on..... Just about done, a couple more things on the punch list...

Nice! I'm enjoying seeing your work when I can get on here... 

You ever do tile and put an access for doing service under a whirlpool tub or similar? Today we had to make our own by cutting out the grout and board behind it, talk about ridiculous! High priced tub and it becomes worthless because nobody wanted to be bothered with making accommodation for future service.... 

This is Phil, another plumber here..

IMG_20170525_161320618

IMG_20170525_134116703

IMG_20170525_133211576

I don't always take selfies, but when I do, I'm jammed under a bathtub with a cramped neck counting down the days to my next chiropractor appointment lol

IMG_20170525_134730314

Here's your insider look at my job! Don't ever underestimate your plumber haha

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

You ever do tile and put an access for doing service under a whirlpool tub or similar? Today we had to make our own by cutting out the grout and board behind it, talk about ridiculous! High priced tub and it becomes worthless because nobody wanted to be bothered with making accommodation for future service....

HAHAHAHA I feel your pain!!!!  Honestly I rarely do tile personally, BUT my bathroom builds that are tiled have access spots to the valves, I really do try to keep "the next guy" in mind. on the house I'm building, just by luck, the stairway is behind the shower.... wide open dead space under the stairs.