What did you do today? A thread dedicated to the general use of tools in your projects.

99_XC600

52 minutes ago, aessu said:

Been kinda lazy shoveling snow this winter. Luckily  I have a rotary hammer. About 10cm of compacted snow and 15cm of ice under it at the worst spots. 

IMG_20180413_194109.jpg

Hahahaha, I can hardly see any snow in my yard now. THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I used the m12 stapler yesterday and today. We were insulating a new house build. It was excellent. The runtime will last all or almost all day on one 1.5 amp/hr battery.  Used one battery plus half of another in two days of heavy use. I had zero jams. Where it really shined was when we needed to insulate some harder to access places like in certain parts of the roof and a framed area above a fireplace hiding the exhaust. With no air hose I could navigate the trusses to get where I needed. When we did the fireplace one guy climbed into the framed area to insulate with the stapler while I cut the pieces. I left the stapler with the guys for the week to try out. I will be gone from work a few days. They seemed excited to use it. I wouldn't be surprised if work buys one. I told them the price and I think they all said something along the lines of "thats not bad". I also told them what it would be to replace our Senco pneumatic with a brand new Senco pneumatic and the m12 kit was around half the price of the Senco which didn't even come with a hose coupler. $300 for Senco and $150 for m12 kit.

As good as the m12 is, it could still use a few improvements. A light isn't essential but would be nice. I wish it used a different kind of dryfire lock out system. It can be annoying at times because it can be hard to press the nose enough to allow it to fire in tight spaces. It also needs to fire a bit faster. It just can't compete speed wise with our Senco pneumatic staplers. I don't think double the rate of fire is too much to ask for. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Welp I'm just about done with a remodel after the client had a fire.  We took this house down to the studs and changed the floor plan to open up the kitchen and living room and also increase from 2 bedrooms to 4.  I just have to redo to front and rear decks then it's complete.

20190320_114705_HDR.jpg

20190320_114715_HDR.jpg

20190320_114834_HDR.jpg

20190320_114855_HDR.jpg

20190320_114940_HDR.jpg

20190320_114918_HDR.jpg

20190320_114735_HDR.jpg

20190320_114812_HDR.jpg

20190320_114745_HDR.jpg

• Like 6

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/23/2020 at 8:03 AM, Bigmikez said:

Laid out pretty nice now just gotta color sand and buff hopefully install this coming weekend

image.jpg

Looks pretty nice! I like this colour.

I hope all goes well.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Today I used hammer, sledge, cats paw, crow bar and flat bar to remove shelves and cabinets.

For power tools I took out the Makita Subcompact impact driver to remove screws and drill large holes with a large 1 1/4” Irwin bit, and the Milwaukee M12 FUEL hacksaw to reduce cabinets and shelves into smaller pieces.

14 hours ago, Eric - TIA said:

How do you like the Makita Sub-Compact Tools?  I love the impact driver.  For the size, the power is great.

They’re great for their size.

The regular brushless Makita LXT impact driver is much more powerful. But with the 3ah battery that came with it I would say it’s too heavy for overhead work.

Its a good workout but the worlds most decorated weight lifter most liked about the weight of said 3ah battery and big-ish impact driver.

I am not here to define my muscles so smallest drills possible is fine by me. 

• Like 1