DeWalt TOOL Connect?

RickyMcGrath

Looks neat and all but it's still "just" an 887 with bluetooth, can't make it stronger than 887 just slower/weaker.... needs "overclocking" or "developer mode"..... that would be cool as hell and I'd buy.... 

If 1825 in-lbs isn’t enough then you should buy the impact wrench. Down tuning the drill is for people looking to fine tune their setting for the application it is being used for. Overclocking the drill is only going to shorten the life of the drill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Guyinatree said:

If 1825 in-lbs isn’t enough then you should buy the impact wrench. Down tuning the drill is for people looking to fine tune their setting for the application it is being used for. Overclocking the drill is only going to shorten the life of the drill.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL,  Sir my Impact driver is NOT a Drill and takes offence for you calling it one..... The 887 has 3 modes and a trigger... I got fine tune covered!  

On 10/17/2017 at 8:20 PM, Guyinatree said:

There is also the “precision drive delay”. Don’t know what that means. The manual only says it helps with delicate fastening like door hinges and such to avoid stripping

It should start the impact at a slower speed and then ramp it up so that you can install hinges without going full throttle immediately causing the bit/screw to wander from your mark.

The DCF888 was on my list to pickup in 2 weeks when I get paid but I had to sideline it until the following purchase due to needing some more important items first. Plus I think Acme Tools only has it as a preorder and won't ship until the middle of  November so I'd be waiting anyway.

• Like 1

It should start the impact at a slower speed and then ramp it up so that you can install hinges without going full throttle immediately causing the bit/screw to wander from your mark.

Tested it out a little. It actually starts at the set rpm and backs it off when it feels resistance.