Lowe's deals permathread

BMack37

I've actually had the opposite experience with customer service at the two.  Last week I was heading to checkout at Home Depot about a minute before closing and and see a guy with the apron so I figure why not, ask him to help find a second one of this part because none were on the shelf or in boxes above in that bay.  He grabs a ladder from the other end of the store and finds a box of them tucked back where the label wasn't visible.  What really struck me is after he hands me the extra piece and puts the rest of the box on the shelf, he goes looking for another part that was running low on the shelf.

At lowes I've had people say they're going to check somewhere and just leave.  It seems to depend a lot on the store and individual employee, but I've generally had more help at Home Depot.  Only time I go to Lowes is when I can't find something at Home Depot.  I used to go if Lowes was supposed to have a better price, but after I found something marked down to half the Lowes price I had just paid in Home Depot I gave up on that too.

Keep in mind this isn't a shot against every Lowes store, just my local one.

That was a typo, mean to say "I'd rather spend my money at HD...Lowe's employees are the least helpful people I've ever met, I only shop at Lowe's if they're the only option or I'm buying something for more than 50% off. Most of the time I go into Lowe's I leave without anything.

The lowes service desk kills me. If I pick up an online order, 8 people will walk in an out of the service desk area and not make eye contact with anyone in line. There are actually 3 lines (returns, online orders and store service) and each line will have 1- 3 people queued up and one person helping those people out. No assistance comes until someone asks.

The lowes service desk kills me. If I pick up an online order, 8 people will walk in an out of the service desk area and not make eye contact with anyone in line. There are actually 3 lines (returns, online orders and store service) and each line will have 1- 3 people queued up and one person helping those people out. No assistance comes until someone asks.

...and if you order something that is heavily discounted, they'll take your money and not have your item because an employee probably stole it. If that doesn't happen, the person pulling the item will 9 time out of 10, pull it, hide it and tell you it's not in stock. I stopped ordering online from them because this would always happen. If I see a deal posted online, I just go into the store and look myself.

Facepalm so hard

Got Metabo at two Lowes here in my area, and at Fastenal as well. Never really looked into Metabo, buuuuuut, they're really starting to catch my eye

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Anyone seen if Lowes is going to have the new metabo brushless grinders. Be interesting to see if they can compete in price with places like Norco or whatever the rest of you guys have.

Anyone seen if Lowes is going to have the new metabo brushless grinders. Be interesting to see if they can compete in price with places like Norco or whatever the rest of you guys have.

I wanna go there tomorrow and check their display out again, I just glanced at it in my way thru one day, didn't quite realize the significance of the display until I had left!

• Like 1

I wanna go there tomorrow and check their display out again, I just glanced at it in my way thru one day, didn't quite realize the significance of the display until I had left!

Still no metabo around here, have only checked out one lowes though.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had my first "negative" experience the other day. I found a Bosch hammer drill on display. There was no spot on the shelf. I had the tool person who is in charge of it but not a store manager look as well. She could not find a spot either. She looked it up and found it discontinued from the store. Could buy it online with 2 batteries and a charger and case for $250. She said if she found the other parts she could 10% off, if not have to call a manager for a price. I said go ahead, even though j wasn't going to buy the kit. Well she couldn't find them and called a manager. He told her couldn't go more than 20% off. WTF? Are you serious? Home depot sells the same product new bare tool for $125. Their price would have been $200! I laughed and told her no thanks and I could get it much cheaper elsewhere.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

4afb33906560f6c122d4b1a2a9340071.jpg

First off, sorry I didn't ask for pricing. This is at Findlay OH Fastenal

That drill seems very nice, first thing I noticed on it, when it senses motion, such as picking it up, the leds automatically come on, thought that was super ingenious. Didn't say it was brushless tho, so I don't know more about it than that. Its got the impulse mode to help start drill bits better, too.

• Like 3

One of these days, I am going to write up a review of the "lead" of the tool department at my local Lowes, of course name and location will be left out to protect the innocent. I really feel bad for the folks that he gives advice to, and that's only what I hear when I am there obviously.  I will say the lady in the paint department, really knows her stuff, she is a walking encyclopedia of finishes for wood projects, she always has great ideas to share and she's genuinely interested in your projects.

-Steven

• Like 1

post-51515-0-97396300-1453756627_thumb.j

Dewalt DW745 Compact Table Saw $229

I decided to buy this saw and found online that they had one left in stock at a local HD listed at $299, which is what I expected to pay. I couldn't find it in the store so I asked customer service. They located it in the system saying that it was in that over-storage area above the aisle. They also found that it was a "Special Buy" and marked down to $229! I was stoked! $70 savings, which I then used to buy the Dewalt variable speed orbital sander and some diablo pads to go with it. With military discount it was $305 for all. It was a good day.

• Like 3

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Dewalt DW745 Compact Table Saw $229

I decided to buy this saw and found online that they had one left in stock at a local HD listed at $299, which is what I expected to pay. I couldn't find it in the store so I asked customer service. They located it in the system saying that it was in that over-storage area above the aisle. They also found that it was a "Special Buy" and marked down to $229! I was stoked! $70 savings, which I then used to buy the Dewalt variable speed orbital sander and some diablo pads to go with it. With military discount it was $305 for all. It was a good day.

That's the one you can't use with dados right?

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh, and I just realized I'm in the Lowes thread instead of the Home Depot one, sorry.

. I have the same one bro Congrats!! It's a real nice saw you gotta get the rolling stand for it man it makes life so much easier and the price u paid was sweeet!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Randy Martian
    Newest Member
    Randy Martian