Lowe's deals permathread

BMack37

Thanks for posting this, im heading to Lowes to grab one right now.  This site rocks !!!!

Prices are not guaranteed. The good thing about Lowes is that their clearance prices are online as well. So do an inventory check first.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

Prices are not guaranteed. The good thing about Lowes is that their clearance prices are online as well. So do an inventory check first.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Just tracked four down and had them put them aside for me $13 each can't pass it up

11 minutes ago, SevenOddosFence said:

Just tracked four down and had them put them aside for me $13 each can't pass it up

If it's a killer deal posted do NOT buy online or call. It is common practice for Lowe's employees to hide items to buy them for themselves. I've had it done to me more than once and a lot of others have reported it. Anything close to 50% off or more, just go to the store after checking online. 

• Like 3

If it's a killer deal posted do NOT buy online or call. It is common practice for Lowe's employees to hide items to buy them for themselves. I've had it done to me more than once and a lot of others have reported it. Anything close to 50% off or more, just go to the store after checking online. 

There is truth here.Never call. And don't buy steep discounts online without looking first.

There was one that I couldn't find in store even though there was one in stock. With the online order, they found it when I couldn't.

28 minutes ago, Shuutr said:

There is truth here.Never call. And don't buy steep discounts online without looking first.

There was one that I couldn't find in store even though there was one in stock. With the online order, they found it when I couldn't.

Probably hidden by someone. Did you check the top stock behind the slide covers? That's normally where missing items can be found...also, sometimes you need to walk the aisles. I've found ratchets in cardboard displays next to the plywood, found wrenches next to the screens. Their placements sometimes make no sense and unless you have a store or assistant manager that are willing to help, the employees will probably have no idea where they are because their in-store program just gives you the normal shelf location.

My Lowe's had a bunch on the shelf. I haven't been in there for a while and it was odd to say the least. It looks like SB&D took over the store completely. A lot of new tools ID never seen and a lot of Irwin and Lenox displays. It seemed like a the tools that I remember from before are on clearance. All the bits are pretty good. The Irwin's really caught my eye. I had to set all the tools I had grabbed back on the shelf and left because self control is a bitch and I don't really have a need for any of them. The speedbores are all 50% off.20160503_173210.jpg

• Like 1

At Lowes they have a sliding miter saw and free miter stand with it....

Not sure if these have been floating around out there, the display where these were looked recent:

20160510_125527

-

Then the older design if anyone was looking..

20160510_125559

• 3 weeks later...

Not terribly good deals but interesting stuff:

New Fluke stuff, only a couple months old, on sale for about $15 off(Not shown were the Fluke twistguard leads for $26):

QF9zOg8.jpg

Found the NWS-made 45-degree long nose. Now my Lowe's has the power slot diagonal cutters, the linesman, the 45-degree linesman and the long nose:

RKBfVLf.jpg

New Bosch packaging, explains the sale price for the old Bosch stuff:

uTVv4zP.jpg

• Like 1

It's always hard to get excited about Lowes and clearance deals. They are not as interesting or numerous as HD most of the time don't get me wrong the do have deals but they are defiantly harder to shop it seems

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DR99 said:

It's always hard to get excited about Lowes and clearance deals. They are not as interesting or numerous as HD most of the time don't get me wrong the do have deals but they are defiantly harder to shop it seems

Jason, I have never gotten a good deal at Lowes. I've gotten some decent stuff there but not what I would consider to be a "good" deal.

When the clearanced out some Max air nailers and Knipex hand tools that was about it on the deals I have got from Lowes. Oh I also got my gas powered edger from lowers but that was a customer return. I also got my new washer and dryer, but HD always has the more interesting tool buying clearance deals with tool chests and all sorts of special buys going on clearance later Lowes never really has that it seems.

• Like 1

Those kinds of prices aren't terribly good but I've found some insane deals at Lowe's. Kobalt 24-piece socket sets for $3, palm ratchet kit for $5, B&D reciprocating saw $20, there are others but that's off the top of my head.

The thing here is that Lowe's has "New lower price", sale and actual clearance. "New lower price" is normally just matching Amazon or close to Amazon pricing. Sale pricing can be really good, those are normally just printed on pieces of paper. Read those! I should have bought more on the B&D sale last year, I just bought the reciprocating saw for $20 but they had a drill, a vacuum for $20 and I think batteries for $25. It only lasted a week, no sale price tags just the sheet of paper on the display. Right now, the only big sale(that I saw) is the miter saw with the stand.

The actual clearance pricing is the one that I warned you guys about. This one will have varying prices across stores so you will need to check your location online, this is the one that you DO NOT ORDER ONLINE. It's common practice for the employees to see the pull and price then hide the item for themselves and claim it's out of stock, sometimes they still charge you. This is not just me reporting this happening, this is dozens of people from around the country. This will have pricing at or below (estimated) cost, after a while the clearance will clear and the item will return to regular or inflated pricing.

Right now the only thing I've seen that started this actual clearance is the Channellock pliers that I posted previously, limited locations. I'm hoping that Fluke stuff doesn't sell, I almost bit on the leads at $26 but I already have a set and those aren't being used because I have better leads with my main meter and my main backup.

• Like 1

Lowes does not exist anymore for me.  I had bought a few items online that where on sale.  When I came in to pickup the items they tried to give my money back, I had to spend over a hour on the phone with corporate to get the items and they acted like they where doing me a favor.  There are other places that are more honorable. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Yea I've always found lowes yellow sticker clearences to be boring, I've almost given up walking into that store

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well when there's no HOME DEPOT close by ya gotta make do with what you have haha

• Like 1

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jimjs7434584
    Newest Member
    jimjs7434584