Lowe's deals permathread

BMack37

It goes in phases, I've been more lucky with Lowe's in getting deals(after I stopped trying to buy online for in-store pickup). HD, I rarely get any good deals. All the penny deals I see posted, or heavily discounted items I see posted are easily $100 or more at my Home Depots. I've been trying to pick up the Ego trimmer, everyone online seems to find it for $56, my HDs have them for $160. Husky boxes that have been pennied out, still full price here. Did find some marked down meters but they were in top stock and behind a chain fence and locked.

Meanwhile all the Lowe's sale sockets and crowsfeet, etc that have been marked down since Oct are still available. There are a couple of Hitachi drills, a PC drill still available also.

• Like 1

I used to have the first incarnation of the Hitachi brushless 18v tools when they first came out. As I recall my Hitachi hammer had something like 8 speed settings! Was a nice drill. The new ones look cheap and have no frills.

It goes in phases, I've been more lucky with Lowe's in getting deals(after I stopped trying to buy online for in-store pickup). HD, I rarely get any good deals. All the penny deals I see posted, or heavily discounted items I see posted are easily $100 or more at my Home Depots. I've been trying to pick up the Ego trimmer, everyone online seems to find it for $56, my HDs have them for $160. Husky boxes that have been pennied out, still full price here. Did find some marked down meters but they were in top stock and behind a chain fence and locked.

Meanwhile all the Lowe's sale sockets and crowsfeet, etc that have been marked down since Oct are still available. There are a couple of Hitachi drills, a PC drill still available also.

Yea a bunch of Makita is on clearance near me but the price never seems to drop :( My luck is the price will drop and someone will sweep in that day. I'm not a serious HD deal shopper like some of those guys on GarageJournal.

Yea a bunch of Makita is on clearance near me but the price never seems to drop :( My luck is the price will drop and someone will sweep in that day. I'm not a serious HD deal shopper like some of those guys on GarageJournal.

Me either, I don't have the time. I might make the time if I could actually find items, oh well, first world problems right?

It's just too much effort for me, don't get me wrong I love a good deal but I won't go out of my way to manipulate stores to get things cheap, if I.l find something, go me, if not it wasn't meant to be.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I've also seen some of the Bosch tools like the reciprocating saws have been on closeout. I haven't found any myself or I would have shared, think it's rather rare...I believe it's no longer on the website anymore or I'd link you...hate that they started taking sale prices off their online store.

One cool thing about Lowes is you see the clearance price at the store you select which is cool. I just seems in general Lowes clearance deals are not as interesting for me as the don't carry Milwaukee or Makita.

• Like 1

No Metabo yet at my Lowe's either, supposedly there are some Fluke sightings at Lowe's also...but not at mine. Heard they're getting some new pliers also, can't recall the brand but it was a quality brand.

Also hoping they bring in more of the Irwin NWS pliers, right now they only have the 45-degree pliers.

2 pack of Bosch 18v batteries were $79, they were either 3.0 or 4.0

No metabo yet.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3.0 and they are now a low price of $89. So $10 more than the sale price. I picked up a pair but might take them back if I plan to keep the makita brushless set.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

finally after all these years of home depot monopolizing our city we are finally getting a Lowe's store opening up......not sure how many and not sure it will have any impact.....I go to home depot 3 times a week whether I need to or not....lol

finally after all these years of home depot monopolizing our city we are finally getting a Lowe's store opening up......not sure how many and not sure it will have any impact.....I go to home depot 3 times a week whether I need to or not....lol

Lower your expectations.
  • Like 1

Is that their motto? I didn't think it went quite like that lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Actually their motto is "You can't spell 'Lower your expectations' without 'Lowe's' "

I believe their history started as a shop in 1958 called "Lower your expectations" where customer service and knowledgeable employees would be completely absent. Over the years the store grew for some unknown reason and the name shrunk to "Lowe's", think the letters literally just fell off.

• Like 1

The one thing I will give Lowes is they have better deals on Appliances and trendy interior decorations. Other than that they carry less building supplies and tools than HD. Forgot their garden center tends to be better in my opinion.

At least around me they seem to aim at different markets and their deals reflect that as much as their stock.  Lowes has a much better selection of appliances, lights, and other sort of finished things you don't need much more than a screwdriver to install, hence they don't sell much more than screwdrivers for tools.   Home depot has more raw materials so they have the tools to work with those raw materials.

I'm curious for those of you who have a Home Depot and Lowes close together is there they same distinction?

They do have a good selection of wood.

Yeah Jeff, I have a number of HDs and Lowe's in my area and they're the same distinction. Lowe's has a decent selection of power tools but I prefer what HD offers(Milwaukee). Both have their place but I'd rather spend my money at HD because they have much better customer service and helpful employees. Lowe's I just walk in and if someone actually is bored enough to ask me if I need help:

If you actually need help, figure it out yourself. If you ask, you'll end up with 4-5 employees that have no idea, you'll get irritated and you'll end up figuring it out yourself anyway.

• Like 1

I've actually had the opposite experience with customer service at the two.  Last week I was heading to checkout at Home Depot about a minute before closing and and see a guy with the apron so I figure why not, ask him to help find a second one of this part because none were on the shelf or in boxes above in that bay.  He grabs a ladder from the other end of the store and finds a box of them tucked back where the label wasn't visible.  What really struck me is after he hands me the extra piece and puts the rest of the box on the shelf, he goes looking for another part that was running low on the shelf.

At lowes I've had people say they're going to check somewhere and just leave.  It seems to depend a lot on the store and individual employee, but I've generally had more help at Home Depot.  Only time I go to Lowes is when I can't find something at Home Depot.  I used to go if Lowes was supposed to have a better price, but after I found something marked down to half the Lowes price I had just paid in Home Depot I gave up on that too.

Keep in mind this isn't a shot against every Lowes store, just my local one.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ballen1114
    Newest Member
    Ballen1114