Any welders in the house???

WeldfabNeil

3 minutes ago, Wallyfpo said:

I have been welding since 1988.  When I started, everyone had to be able to weld with oxy-acyetolene first before you could move on to any other processes.  I am also certified in arc welding in flat position.  I also mig weld a fair bit.  In my previous career I welded for 21 years in my families business.  But now I just weld for fun in my work shop.  I still run an Airco 225, I have a Lincoln 100 mig welder.  I have a Hobart CI 250 plasma cutter  to round out my iron works. Take care and thanks for listening,

Welcome to the forum Tom. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/7/2016 at 1:36 PM, mrspudly said:

Hi all John here from Liverpool UK time served welder & steel fabricator, I'm new on this site and just found this thread.

Welcome aboard! I can weld with stick only out of necessity but use mig anymore, again only out of necessity, and it holds and works for my needs but it's not professional grade looking I'm sure

• 3 months later...

I build signs shipped all across North and south America. Used to deal with steel alot and aluminum but now it's mostly all aluminum and some steel. Industry has changed alot in last 20 years. Welding, soldering, brazing, torch and plasma cutters. As for welding mostly use millermatic 210 with aluminum spool gun. Have a miller and a Lincoln arc welder as well. Both excellent brands. 

• Like 3