Just picked up from HD.

Matty Alou

Just got a M18 Fuel set and was trying the drill out on a project.  After drilling three or four holes I started using M12 drill for the rest of the job.  Didn't realize I had begun to ignore M18 until I began putting the tools away after I had finished. I had pulled out the M12 because it already had a bit in it that I needed and forgot about the other drill after that.  I just like how the M12 fits in my hand and I seem to have better control with it, probably because of it's light weight.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum, yes it is 500 inch pounds, thing is is that it is a 1/4" square drive in a 12 volt tool.  Not much for impacts in that size but versus the rachet your going to have the impact ability on it that is able to bust small nuts where the ratchet would require manual cracking.  I haven't seen much in a 1/4" impact sockets, you may be better off going with the 3/8" with 1400 in pounds.  The thing with the 1/4" square drive is the size is the limiting torque factor, something to just keep in mind, if you need power go bigger or go into the 18v line.

• Like 3

Welcome to the forum, yes it is 500 inch pounds, thing is is that it is a 1/4" square drive in a 12 volt tool.  Not much for impacts in that size but versus the rachet your going to have the impact ability on it that is able to bust small nuts where the ratchet would require manual cracking.  I haven't seen much in a 1/4" impact sockets, you may be better off going with the 3/8" with 1400 in pounds.  The thing with the 1/4" square drive is the size is the limiting torque factor, something to just keep in mind, if you need power go bigger or go into the 18v line.

Good to know, I've been debating trying a dedicated 1/4" drive for auto work. I use the heck out of my DCF883 but it would be nice to start adding to my M12 collection. Milwaukee kicks serious butt in 12v vs. Dewalt

I even like my M12 screwdriver but can never find it..........pretty much the wife's now....

That's probably one of my most used cordless tools, I leave it when I can grab it with a battery without digging through bags and cases

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk