What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Not a bad deal, the only thing i don't like about the milwaukee set, or the dewalt set is the non indicting grip side still is the same color as the indicating grip side, they should have just made the milwaukee grip all black, thats the only thing that kept me from picking them up 

The only real negative I had about them was the release mechanism would be triggered too easy. Not a big deal if they will reside in an organized toolbox/drawer, but hell for me in a toolbag! I bought them a few years ago to replace some lost Wiss. Went back to Wiss very quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Picked these up to try. afc4c50bd3ddfe259e79ac2192af7268.jpg

Nice! I forgot Ryobi came out with that router. Occasionally on some remodels we have to route wiring through solid wood in walls and then run nailguards over, and have to wait for a chippy to show up. Usually the wait isn't bad, because we try to coordinate those things with the GC's when we do walk through. But it would be nice to just get it out of the way, when it's an add-on item that needs it done.

57 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

The only real negative I had about them was the release mechanism would be triggered too easy. Not a big deal if they will reside in an organized toolbox/drawer, but hell for me in a toolbag! I bought them a few years ago to replace some lost Wiss. Went back to Wiss very quickly.

Wiss are the best bang for the buck. 9.87 at HD. They last about 5 to 6 years sometimes more. One bolt loosens at the top of the tool but not a big deal. Mine are currently on year 3.

20170122_080651.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, NicolasRamos said:

Same problem I had with them. It was always an unpleasant suppose when they'd pop open in my back pocket on a roof. I switched to Lenox which are on the other end of the spectrum in terms of unlatching. My Milwaukee ones are in a toolbox at home and my Lenox ones were in my toolcart at work. I think at least one of my Lenox snips was in the load of tools I lost though ?. Cut conveyer belting very well.

• Like 1

Same problem I had with them. It was always an unpleasant suppose when they'd pop open in my back pocket on a roof. I switched to Lenox which are on the other end of the spectrum in terms of unlatching. My Milwaukee ones are in a toolbox at home and my Lenox ones were in my toolcart at work. I think at least one of my Lenox snips was in the load of tools I lost though [emoji848]. Cut conveyer belting very well.

Yeah back pocket, and side pouch opening killed them for me! I actually put mine in a toolbox that I made for my sister a couple of years ago! She didn't have any real tools in her house, and I figured she probably wasn't going to put them in her back pocket and try an crawl somewhere like me.

10 minutes ago, justinkendall said:

That was a great deal on those Gearwrench sets. Suggested list price from Gearwrench for the 80550 is $235 and the 80300P is $205.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah last time I bought this deal from them about six months ago it was at $130 and they've kept dropping it. Really useful kit so I just had to get replacement ones. http://www.ntxtools.com has some great GW deals. Both of those kits together we're cheaper than I could find either of the sets individually elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Stercorarius said:

Cut conveyer belting very well.

That made me cringe lol. When I was an apprentice i used a journeymans snips to cut plastic strap. "Those are for cutting fucking sheet metal you dumb fuck" believe that was the phrase used. S/m guys will only cut s/m with snips. Unless it's the straight (yellow handle) snips. Those things are garbage anyways lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Theultimatehic said:

That made me cringe lol. When I was an apprentice i used a journeymans snips to cut plastic strap. "Those are for cutting fucking sheet metal you dumb fuck" believe that was the phrase used. S/m guys will only cut s/m with snips. Unless it's the straight (yellow handle) snips. Those things are garbage anyways lol. 

Ha. Different strokes for different folks. Wait till you hear what @KnarlyCarl uses his old snips for. In my line of work it's more of  I start using the Lenox snips (straight cut yellow handle and with extra long jaws) to cut conveyer belting and guys go "Woah, what are you doing with that hammer? Alright I guess go put the torch away Chuy I guess this fuckin' Einstein-ass-clown thinks he's better than us what with using fantsypants scissors."

Still in search of a better way to cut conveyer belting.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

Yeah back pocket, and side pouch opening killed them for me! I actually put mine in a toolbox that I made for my sister a couple of years ago! She didn't have any real tools in her house, and I figured she probably wasn't going to put them in her back pocket and try an crawl somewhere like me.

Lol reminds me of the tool bag I put together for my wife of hand tools that I replaced with better versions of because I didn't like them as well for this reason or that

3 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Ha. Different strokes for different folks. Wait till you hear what @KnarlyCarl uses his old snips for. In my line of work it's more of  I start using the Lenox snips (straight cut yellow handle and with extra long jaws) to cut conveyer belting and guys go "Woah, what are you doing with that hammer? Alright I guess go put the torch away Chuy I guess this fuckin' Einstein-ass-clown thinks he's better than us what with using fantsypants scissors."

Still in search of a better way to cut conveyer belting.

Haha yeah @Theultimatehic shingles!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I hope these changes work in your favor! 

Imagine the world's shittiest game of hot potato but the potato is in six pieces. Nobody knows who has the pieces. All anybody know is the pieces are hot as hell and if you're holding the piece you need to find someone else to give it too. Now imagine all the pieces of the hot potato are reformed into one large, very hot potato and then given to me. Now we all know who has the potato and five people don't have to worry about potatoes anymore. They also toss in a potato that is really cold. In some people's mind that balances out. Other people have two very uncomfortable potatoes.

TL;DR: we'll see how it ends up working, if it does. It could be an opportunity for me or it could be what it has historically been, an opportunity for people to get rid of all their hot potatoes and start calling their hot carrots, potatoes so they can get rid of those too.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Nice! Glad you finally picked those up! I love those sets

Yeah, actually the second time I picked them up. The first time I bought them they were among the 186 others that I need to replace. I just hope homeboy is using them and didn't ditch them. Good tools.

3 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Imagine the world's shittiest game of hot potato but the potato is in six pieces. Nobody knows who has the pieces. All anybody know is the pieces are hot as hell and if you're holding the piece you need to find someone else to give it too. Now imagine all the pieces of the hot potato are reformed into one large, very hot potato and then given to me. Now we all know who has the potato and five people don't have to worry about potatoes anymore. They also toss in a potato that is really cold. In some people's mind that balances out. Other people have two very uncomfortable potatoes.

TL;DR: we'll see how it ends up working, if it does. It could be an opportunity for me or it could be what it has historically been, an opportunity for people to get rid of all their hot potatoes and start calling their hot carrots, potatoes so they can get rid of those too.

Don't get stuck there just to make everyone happy but yourself

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Yeah, actually the second time I picked them up. The first time I bought them they were among the 186 others that I need to replace. I just hope homeboy is using them and didn't ditch them. Good tools.

Yeah, I figured but it's nice seeing you reacquire...too bad it's not with a big "They caught the guy, look at all my shit!" but rebuilding is a good thing, it's moving forward.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Don't get stuck there just to make everyone happy but yourself

Allow me refer you to Figure A that I posted in a different thread.

58855d339d216_2017-01-2217_31_47.png.b82478fd64828d45e0ccd181c702f4bf.png

If I'm going to hate my life anyway, might as well be productive doing it. ?.

Figure B. For the road.

Screenshot_20170110-093642~2.png

• Like 3