What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

37 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

Took awhile but finally got these in. Thanks to Bmack37 for the heads up on these?

IMG_4438.JPG

IMG_4439.JPG

Awesome!!! I was just writing last week on how I am looking into getting some! Keep us posted on how you like them!

• Like 3

Bought a 59 in DeWALT track and a set of track clamps from CPO today. should arrive next week hopefully. Just gotta buy the track saw. Not sure if I will be able to get paypal to work by tomorrow may have to borrow my parents credit card. I don't like credit cards. Guess this is what happens when transfers take 3-5 days and you wait till the saturday before july 4th to initiate the transfer haha. 

A Dewalt DCD796 (hammer). I really struggled on deciding whether to get a DCD791 instead. I also have the 18v Makita subcompact drill, so I figured having hammer might be handy and the Makita could be the finer work drill.  I always need 2 drills (i hate changing bits). 

Sorry Metabo, my BS18 quick will be up for sale now. 

IMG_20170704_165930.jpg

• Like 7

Bought a flexvolt tracksaw t1 kit, flexvolt table saw t1 kit, kreg pocket hole jig, and some trim head screws from Acme tools. I utilized the 15% off deal. Saved around $160 and got free shipping. I also bought a 1000 of each 1in, 1-1/4 in, and 1-1/2 in pocket hole screws from Mcfeeley's and utilized the free shipping offer. seemed like some decent 4th deals this year.

• Like 4

I've been avoiding the forum because I knew that I would end up spending money on tools if I did not... meh. Been waiting a long time for that Dewalt tracksaw to show up and could not resist the sale price... Going to go hide again and try not to buy any more tools for a few months.

• Like 2

Today I used the Harbor Freight one day coupon and got a 1/2" speed handle and a Torx driver set:

IMG_20170704_154149.thumb.jpg.053fa88f16e92d0e8de351719e55d17e.jpg

Shortly thereafter I was at Lowe's and decided to grab one of their Torx driver sets too, for comparison. I'll write it up in the hand tools section soon. 

EDIT: Comparison is here.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, sparky603 said:

Scored this Ideal Master Electrician's Kit for $127 - less than half of what the premium leather Tuff Tote goes for alone. US-made tools, with the tote made in Canada.

IdealMasterKit1.jpg

That's an awesome tote... if you don't mine me asking, what brand is it?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, FrosBros82 said:

That's an awesome tote... if you don't mine me asking, what brand is it?

Ideal Industries, as are all of the tools in the kit. They make electrician's tools specifically, on par with Klein. They also bought and resurrected SK Tools fairly recently. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparky603 said:

Scored this Ideal Master Electrician's Kit for $127 - less than half of what the premium leather Tuff Tote goes for alone. US-made tools, with the tote made in Canada.

IdealMasterKit1.jpg

Man, that looks like the best score so far in this thread.

2017-07-05_10-55-22.thumb.png.bbfe0ad6e8844293297eb21116a208e7.png

Mind telling us where you got that?

2 hours ago, dwasifar said:

Mind telling us where you got that?

As with any great Amazon deal, the price resets after one or two are sold.

It did take them over a month to ship it, but I've got no complaints, obviously.

IdealKit3.jpg

1 hour ago, BMack37 said:

Lowe's started carrying some Ideal pliers in the electrical section. They're pretty darn nice.

They do look nice, I might have to make a pit stop at Lowes and check them out! Thanks for the info. 

IMG_1067.PNG

• Like 2

Got some goodies today. Veritas micro adjust metric marked marking gauge, veritas t slot tracks for my upcoming crosscut sled, NWS angled pliers, jet dust collection bags, and a Makita dust collection shroud for my compact router. 4b172d874c2980375d0a4b0d794b78b2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 5

18 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Lowe's started carrying some Ideal pliers in the electrical section. They're pretty darn nice.

Ideal does have a "bargain" line that's made in Taiwan. Haven't been in Lowe's in years, so not sure what they are currently carrying, but the Taiwan-made ones are nowhere near the same caliber.

Edit - from the prices in FrosBros pic, those have to be US-made. Better be.

18 minutes ago, sparky603 said:

Ideal does have a "bargain" line that's made in Taiwan. Haven't been in Lowe's in years, so not sure what they are currently carrying, but the Taiwan-made ones are nowhere near the same caliber.

Edit - from the prices in FrosBros pic, those have to be US-made. Better be.

From the photo ( I have not seen them in person yet), they look very similar to Klein pliers, which was stated above from @BMack37. When I go see them in person I'll post a photo and give you my soft opinion.

FB82

• Like 1