What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

7 hours ago, sparky603 said:

Ideal does have a "bargain" line that's made in Taiwan. Haven't been in Lowe's in years, so not sure what they are currently carrying, but the Taiwan-made ones are nowhere near the same caliber.

Edit - from the prices in FrosBros pic, those have to be US-made. Better be.

Lowe's carries the USA-made pliers, that's what caught my eye.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Got some goodies today. Veritas micro adjust metric marked marking gauge, veritas t slot tracks for my upcoming crosscut sled, NWS angled pliers, jet dust collection bags, and a Makita dust collection shroud for my compact router. 4b172d874c2980375d0a4b0d794b78b2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I love those pliers! Ergo pliers are really useful and the large first tooth is very useful, I use those all the time.

• Like 2

I love those pliers! Ergo pliers are really useful and the large first tooth is very useful, I use those all the time.

Good to hear. They were slates for delivery the same day kctoolco had their combo kit for deal of the day. I really like the grips on the NWS pliers.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Race2win01 said:

Picked up the M12 lantern/flood light today. Should be a handy light source that also has a usb charging port.

Grabbed a buy one get one 25' tape measure deal  as well...

IMG_20170706_183917417.jpg

IMG_20170706_183933043.jpg

Cool pickups. I love Milwaukee's lights, I think they just about have a solution for every tradesman with their different options. Enjoy!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Good to hear. They were slates for delivery the same day kctoolco had their combo kit for deal of the day. I really like the grips on the NWS pliers.

Yeah, they're great grips! I bought them used from a mechanic and they still feel new. I like the Irwin version's colors more but with the NWS grip style, they're easy to find in the tool drawer! I'd like to try the Orbis but I have the NWS ergo linesman and the Irwin rebrand ergo needle nose already.

I have had one NWS pair with a sloppy joint, I exchanged them for a new pair, not sure if that's common or what. I have three pairs of NWS, one sloppy joint. Over 60 Knipex pliers, also one sloppy joint that was exchanged.

23 hours ago, Race2win01 said:

I have a mid torque and it really depends what you're trying to do with it.  Its definately lighter and more compact than the high torque and it has more torque than the compact. But the compact is still my go to for anything under a 1/2" (3/4" socket).  I've found that the bigger nose on the mid torque doesn't allow me to get as close to a corner when tightening a bolt on a flange.

4 hours ago, Biggie said:

I have a mid torque and it really depends what you're trying to do with it.  Its definately lighter and more compact than the high torque and it has more torque than the compact. But the compact is still my go to for anything under a 1/2" (3/4" socket).  I've found that the bigger nose on the mid torque doesn't allow me to get as close to a corner when tightening a bolt on a flange.

Just basically lug nuts on light duty trailers & vehicles....

Also use when hanging an outboard on boats or pontoons....(lighter torque...55 ft lbs)

2 hours ago, Race2win01 said:

Also use when hanging an outboard on boats or pontoons....(lighter torque...55 ft lbs)

You definitely don't need the high torque then...that's a TON of torque and it's heavy as hell. The compact should be plenty, I use my compacts for lug nuts and it takes one hammer hit (in mode 3) to loosen the nut. Putting it on(with the 3/8" and a 5.0Ah battery); 2 hits gets you to about 80-85 ft lbs, perfect for setting you up for the torque wrench. I haven't used the 1/2" enough on lugs to know where it gets you.

A 2.0Ah battery will give you noticeably less power on those impacts.

• Like 1

Part of my ACME tool order from July 4th showed up yesterday early afternoon... One Milwaukee cordless water pump. Two hours later we had a gully washer hit us and I got to stress test the pump, as the basement started to flood. I need another 9ah battery.

The pump was not able to keep up with the amount of water that was pouring up through the concrete floor and out of the walls, but it did help stem the tide to a small degree, until the battery died, but damn that thing is obnoxiously loud. I had planned on using it for "on demand" water heater annual maintenance, however it will probably make a great backup for the sump pump when I get around to installing that item.

• Like 3

On 7/7/2017 at 11:08 PM, Race2win01 said:

The mid torque is nice for stubborn lugs that make the compact struggle a bit.  My own personal experience is that where I can use the compact I do because it's still lighter and more compact.  I'm lucky enough to have all 3 but if I were new to the market and could only have one it would be the mid torque.

• Like 3

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 6:37 AM, KnarlyCarl said:

Drinking the teal koolaid lol

And here's this guy:

2017-07-08_08-30-48

I have seen a few of the Canadian guys using this and posting their videos online.... it seems awesome! Such a cool and great idea from Makita. Again, not trying to beat a dead horse... but this would be excellent in finished areas and especially hospital or healthcare work. Keep us posted on how you like it!

FB82

• Like 2

Not mine, but a nice purchase. Carpenter buddy I'm working with today has picked up a few log home renos, so has been spending some bucks. These are amongst his purchases. That's a 10-1/4", and the 16-5/16" beam saw. Looking forward to playing with them some.0ceb7a273c8257fe5888b0dd9f195f7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

3 hours ago, sparky603 said:

Not mine, but a nice purchase. Carpenter buddy I'm working with today has picked up a few log home renos, so has been spending some bucks. These are amongst his purchases. That's a 10-1/4", and the 16-5/16" beam saw. Looking forward to playing with them some.0ceb7a273c8257fe5888b0dd9f195f7c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ah yes, the Makita beam saw... total beast in my opinion. We have used it recently on some timber work. Honestly, can't think of anything that is remotely as good for that application.

• Like 2

I am not an expert, but it looks like you are about to get into some electrical work?

Hold the boat!!!!! You mean these aren't fishing tools??? Lol
Got a great deal and had to move on from my older Klein of 5 yrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1