What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

went to the local Power tools warehouse and they sold these empty Brand new cases 3 for 10 bucks,  he gave me 5 for 15.00 and am i the only one that didnt know about the extra compartment that opens on these that holds bits and other miscellaneous items?  will probably put some foam inserts in some to hold other tools.. and then ALSO got the deal of a lifetime on these subcompacts!   nothing like a pissed off EX-GF that just wants to sell her ex's left over tools  i paid 50 for the impact and 45 for the drill , both new and man they are SOMETHING!!!  I feel i also helped her in getting rid of things that reminded her of the man that didnt treat her like the women she is so its a WIN WIN  :) :D:D:D      

IMG_5277.thumb.JPG.c96bb055eef25d3e92add6f2f5b29cc8.JPG

IMG_5301.thumb.JPG.677ec33499b2a2964be1ec4e10de2cdb.JPG

• Like 7

On 7/24/2017 at 11:01 PM, FlaveNico said:

went to the local Power tools warehouse and they sold these empty Brand new cases 3 for 10 bucks,  he gave me 5 for 15.00 and am i the only one that didnt know about the extra compartment that opens on these that holds bits and other miscellaneous items?  will probably put some foam inserts in some to hold other tools.. and then ALSO got the deal of a lifetime on these subcompacts!   nothing like a pissed off EX-GF that just wants to sell her ex's left over tools  i paid 50 for the impact and 45 for the drill , both new and man they are SOMETHING!!!  I feel i also helped her in getting rid of things that reminded her of the man that didnt treat her like the women she is so its a WIN WIN :):D:D:D      

NICE!!  I never run across a steal like that 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

went to the local Power tools warehouse and they sold these empty Brand new cases 3 for 10 bucks,  he gave me 5 for 15.00 and am i the only one that didnt know about the extra compartment that opens on these that holds bits and other miscellaneous items?  will probably put some foam inserts in some to hold other tools.. and then ALSO got the deal of a lifetime on these subcompacts!   nothing like a pissed off EX-GF that just wants to sell her ex's left over tools  i paid 50 for the impact and 45 for the drill , both new and man they are SOMETHING!!!  I feel i also helped her in getting rid of things that reminded her of the man that didnt treat her like the women she is so its a WIN WIN :):D:D:D      

I've go that impact gun and absolutely love it. Good for you bro!

• Like 2

am i the only one that didnt know about the extra compartment that opens on these that holds bits and other miscellaneous items?

What extra compartment? This is the first I've heard about it.

19 hours ago, FlaveNico said:

I mean my mind was blown!!  the top lid splits in two revealing this!!! 

IMG_5272.JPG

I only have one Makita case and after checking it's not one like this. That's a disappointment, but I'm guessing these were newer tools that came in these cases and my box is for a XDT11. Now I want to find an impact in one of these just so I can carry bits without them flying all over the place like in the current one.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sparky603 said:

Yes - red, white and blue grips, and the flag imprinted on the jaws.

Warning, do not click this link if you lack impulse control (like me)

https://www.amazon.com/Klein-Tools-J2000-9NECLX-Limited-Anniversary/dp/B073FLRWJM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1501254336&sr=8-1&keywords=klein+pliers+limited+edition

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

$109 at HD, thought I should own one.

IMG_20170728_191359.jpg

I have that and it's awesome. I actually paid $59 at the beginning of the summer as a special one day deal. Great ladder and at 109 it's totally worth it.

I bought some Integra multitool blades. 16 for $26. $1.66 per blade. Seemed like a decent deal. I also got a cheap $22 drain snake. I think its a no name brand but reviews were good for the price. Figured I'm not a pro plumber so I didn't need a $200+ snake.

• Like 1

I've been very unimpressed with Kreg clamps for their pocket hole system but @rrich1 that the Automaxx clamps were much better. I went and checked them out, he was right on. These are some pretty good clamps, not Grip On or Knipex nice but better than most Asian clamps.

saI8SlZ.jpg

• Like 2