What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Picked up two of the Irwin branded NWS cutters earlier, a couple of wire wheel sets, and another Channellock 460.  Now I have at least two of every Channellock tongue and groove pliers they make, except for the Big Azz 480.  Going to order two of those soon.

• Like 1

Have been on vacation and Tapatalk wasn't working for me. Here are two things. Still have a few more at home for new acquisitions. Already did a 80% restore on the #5 record jack plane. Need to sharpen the blade and do a little more sanding on the sole and sides.

23cd2919e592f9ff7c5bac0b2f3fefd8.jpgfb9b213306589d1bedac8315a9733c86.jpgf7b1546bc7a4184cc83e9b2db5aad79c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I've been very unimpressed with Kreg clamps for their pocket hole system but [mention=50861]rrich1[/mention] that the Automaxx clamps were much better. I went and checked them out, he was right on. These are some pretty good clamps, not Grip On or Knipex nice but better than most Asian clamps.

saI8SlZ.jpg
Glad you like the automaxx clamps better. The tension is adjustable on them as well just in case you want it to grip tighter or looser.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Glad you like the automaxx clamps better. The tension is adjustable on them as well just in case you want it to grip tighter or looser.

Yeah, I figured that out when I grabbed them and they were loose, like clamp your finger and it not be uncomfortable loose. After some poking I figured it out, a bit touchy but once you get it dialed in, it works well. My only gripe is that it isn't the same tightness throughout it's range. I used to clamp it to my tool box over the lip, so it was just grabbing the sheet metal. Now it's too lose to hold on there, so I had to move it to the edge where the metal is boxed, works fine now.

On 8/3/2017 at 4:24 PM, jtkendall said:

The DCST920B string trimmer showed up today. Got it together, put a Flexvolt 6.0 on it, and spent about a half hour outside getting the parts of my yard not flooded from last nights rain dealt with. Didn't even phase the battery even thought I was running it on high. The only "downside" was that I discovered some of the stuff behind what I was able to trim is more solid than I was expecting so I need to buy a hedge trimmer and might as well get a chainsaw while I'm at it. I'm probably going for the Milwaukee hedge trimmer since I like the way it felt and the weight when I had a chance to try it. Going to wait for the new 20v Max chainsaw that's coming out.

IMG_9118.thumb.JPG.f6848fb56385f9d8d11dd4c2c299c4c3.JPGIMG_9128.thumb.JPG.b5ea5056c4bdcd14c1ebcfdd97ed87a7.JPGIMG_9152.thumb.JPG.8e73da106923fd47073df4be8873e67c.JPGIMG_9159.thumb.JPG.e753ba2203fd0b24663de54eff1254d5.JPG

one thing I saw many reviewers write was that the protective guard is kinda small and doesn't block a whole lot of grass from being thrown on your shoes, any issues with it?

15 minutes ago, FlaveNico said:

one thing I saw many reviewers write was that the protective guard is kinda small and doesn't block a whole lot of grass from being thrown on your shoes, any issues with it?

Yeah I did notice a decent amount of grass on my shoes, however I attributed it to the height of the grass I was dealing with. I'll have to see what happens when I use it again since the grass won't be as tall. The manual said left to right movement to keep it from throwing grass but from what I could tell the direction didn't influence the amount being thrown.

My other purchases. Bought 4 sets of ratchet/extension holders for my Ernst rails. Amazon lowered the price from $10 each to $2.00 no brainer there. Finally got my Bosch 12v rotory tool from Amazon uk. And a set of southwire wire strippers from Instagram. 18f4f32dcb6a700f2311cfc395e7ad27.jpg

• Like 4

My other purchases. Bought 4 sets of ratchet/extension holders for my Ernst rails. Amazon lowered the price from $10 each to $2.00 no brainer there. Finally got my Bosch 12v rotory tool from Amazon uk. And a set of southwire wire strippers from Instagram. 18f4f32dcb6a700f2311cfc395e7ad27.jpg

Ugh wish I got Instagram stuff those are the best deals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 hour ago, rrich1 said:

Rockler had a sale last month and my friend owed me some money so I had him buy me this. Super excited. 660ce34ab22447cd89d87f1aac3b2a69.jpg

Man was just looking at that yesterday looks like a sweet setup. Let us know how it works 

On 8/4/2017 at 11:09 PM, rrich1 said:

Also got the Bosch rotary. Love it and the light is super useful. Way better than my old M12 rotary.

Also got the Bosch rotary. Love it and the light is super useful. Way better than my old M12 rotary.
Good to hear. I put a wire brush on it the other day to help clean up my record plane and it worked well. Didn't have it on high. I think it will do just fine with my needs. Been without a Dremel for a while and glad to have one back.

Glad you like the miter guage. Does yours rub against the table at all? I've tried shimming it when I tighten it but that didn't seem to work.

1 hour ago, bsayles13 said:

Is there an advantage to the UK Bosch 12v vs the US? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

I dont believe it is available through bosch tools usa. It was cheaper to go through amazon uk than getting one off of ebay by like $20 or so. 

5 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Good to hear. I put a wire brush on it the other day to help clean up my record plane and it worked well. Didn't have it on high. I think it will do just fine with my needs. Been without a Dremel for a while and glad to have one back.

Glad you like the miter guage. Does yours rub against the table at all? I've tried shimming it when I tighten it but that didn't seem to work.

Yes it does. The plastic tabs kept it from scratching but yeah, it does.

5 hours ago, bsayles13 said:

Is there an advantage to the UK Bosch 12v vs the US? Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Ordered mine from the U.K. It's not available here yet. :(

I got mine from Axminster.