What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

28 minutes ago, FlaveNico said:

Scored a great deal on my first portable band saw   a Milwaukee Deep cut 6230 for 70 bucks on craigslist. power cord was a bit worn so i got a new one for 15 bucks. 

Nice. I haven't decided whether I need a deep cut band saw or not. The M18 Fuel consistently makes it onto my list of tools I want to buy but shouldn't unless a project calls for it. The little M12 one has come in handy more than I thought it would though.

Nice. I haven't decided whether I need a deep cut band saw or not. The M18 Fuel consistently makes it onto my list of tools I want to buy but shouldn't unless a project calls for it. The little M12 one has come in handy more than I thought it would though.

I cut a few things around to justify my purchase lol. But the price is what got me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Nice! And a pen!

I haven't had a swiss army knife since I was a kid. Earlier this year I learned that some of them have pens and it immediately went on the list! I did a lot of research on before settling on this one. I hate having a lot in my pockets, I'm super minimalist on keys and what's in my wallet and one reason why I still have an iPhone 5(because it's small).

• Like 3

14 hours ago, D W said:

A pen is a great idea. I might have to get one of those for the car. 

I have a Victorinox Swisstool Spirit multitool. Absolutely love it. 

Check eBay before buying, I got this for more than 50% off. There are soo many swiss army knives that the resell value isn't that great, mine looks and feels brand new or I wouldn't have bought it.

There are two different pen types, a "large" one and a short one...not counting the Swisscard with is a different pen type but similar length as the large. The large one comes out of the 91mm knives.

The short one, which I have is small and pretty uncomfortable but works fine for signing and getting a phone number.  https://youtu.be/Hc1NCX_iTiQ?t=56s

This is the large one: https://youtu.be/nxiLuRif80w?t=3m9s

More reasonably useful knife with the large pen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqjz77833ck

• Like 1

Well I am now apart of a few new brands and spent quite a bit. I ordered me some Festool, Whiteside, and Freud. For the Festool I got an OF 1400 router, an RO 150 sander, the hole drilling kit, guide adapter, and one track with holes. I also got me some 80, 120, and 320 paper for the sander. For the Freud I got a 3 piece door router bit set and a Freud 5 piece roundover set. For the Whiteside I got a 3 piece dado bit set, and a Whiteside oval edge bit. 

I'm hopefully gonna start using the stuff on an upcoming side job.

Well I am now apart of a few new brands and spent quite a bit. I ordered me some Festool, Whiteside, and Freud. For the Festool I got an OF 1400 router, an RO 150 sander, the hole drilling kit, guide adapter, and one track with holes. I also got me some 80, 120, and 320 paper for the sander. For the Freud I got a 3 piece door router bit set and a Freud 5 piece roundover set. For the Whiteside I got a 3 piece dado bit set, and a Whiteside oval edge bit. 

I'm hopefully gonna start using the stuff on an upcoming side job.
Oh sweet!! Sounds like a lot of fun

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ordered this on Monday, and tracking shows that it will show up on Friday. Not bad for a large item (120lbs) shipping in from the west coast.

image.png.e8dc3e203212255c6c2db42fa0d9c888.png

Buying something like this online is always a bit of a crap shoot. Reviews seem to be positive, but you can never find enough useful information or video of adjustments or build quality on the unit itself.

• Like 2