What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Grabbed the leveler to help yank the 351 out of my rust-free '92 Super Cab. Already starting to feel the urgency of getting some projects done, with the impending doom that is winter. Be time to load up the work truck with the winter gear before you know it.

Leveler.jpg

KleinStuff.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fm2176 said:

I just picked up the 9.0Ah starter kit with Fuel Sawzall.  Price dropped to $200, so with discount and taxes it was $196, or about the same as the Sawzall bare tool right now.

I haven't picked up a one of my corded recips since grabbing the Fuel when it first came out.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, sparky603 said:

I haven't picked up a one of my corded recips since grabbing the Fuel when it first came out.

That's good to know; I've been considering the Flexvolt despite having a 20v and an 18v already, but couldn't pass the Fuel up at this price.  It's the fourth Fuel (and Milwaukee cordless, for that matter) tool I've owned since the first deal earlier this year.  Frankly, this tool buying spree may be in need of limiting, as I recently bought into Ridgid and just upgraded to DeWalt last year.  

• Like 1

Gifts from Sears this week:
GSjyKCu.jpg

C67Ueb7.jpg

Bought an auxillery air tank and a fitting kit for nothing, when we bought our mattress we got the shop your way citi card and the points just keep coming, it gets hard to buy stuff sometimes lol, then I ordered that Vaughn hammer deal for 12 bucks and did the in car pick up, if they take longer than 5 minutes you get a $5 off card for in store purchases. So now I got another 26 bucks in points!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Bought an auxillery air tank and a fitting kit for nothing, when we bought our mattress we got the shop your way citi card and the points just keep coming, it gets hard to buy stuff sometimes lol, then I ordered that Vaughn hammer deal for 12 bucks and did the in car pick up, if they take longer than 5 minutes you get a $5 off card for in store purchases. So now I got another 26 bucks in points!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm starting to scrape the bottom, there isn't much in the under $30 ship to store or in-store pickup I can buy...or the $30-45 shipping range. Not too much over $45 either. I had three Wera screwdriver sets at one point, gave one away. The $5 off are hard for me to do because there isn't much left locally. I normally end up with twist ties or another magnetizer/demagnetizer. 

• Like 5

Picked up this DeWalt mechanics set to add to the husky tool cart I bought to have at work....I couldn't resist the price on that set...

I got a good deal on the husky tool cart also...it was the last one they had, which was a display model, at my local Home Depot..... ended up getting it for $150 out the door...😎

Didn't have a pic of the cart so had to grab an image from Google...

17593.jpeg

13469158-a194-44a0-bdb7-cc263b3adf2a_1000.jpg

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I'm starting to scrape the bottom, there isn't much in the under $30 ship to store or in-store pickup I can buy...or the $30-45 shipping range. Not too much over $45 either. I had three Wera screwdriver sets at one point, gave one away. The $5 off are hard for me to do because there isn't much left locally. I normally end up with twist ties or another magnetizer/demagnetizer. 

start sending some pliers my way :D

On 8/16/2017 at 10:58 AM, rfwjr said:

jointer.jpg.115fb1f2da9fb492f80a68ec90f54f21.jpg

I picked this up recently.  Cuttech 8 inch Model 40180HC-CT (with carbide inserts ).

That machine looks great I have been very interested in how it works. Let us know.. I want to get the planer they make but many people on other forums said to get the DeWalt nobody even had experience with the cutech they just blew it off and said get DeWalt but I doubt I will have a extra 650 for a planer just laying around anytime soon lol.. so I have wondered if anyone had experience with the company now hope u can help me with my interest.. that jointer looks to be a good alternative to a big freestanding 6in jointer and it's 8 inches so that is what makes it even more appealing to me anyway.

That machine looks great I have been very interested in how it works. Let us know.. I want to get the planer they make but many people on other forums said to get the DeWalt nobody even had experience with the cutech they just blew it off and said get DeWalt but I doubt I will have a extra 650 for a planer just laying around anytime soon lol.. so I have wondered if anyone had experience with the company now hope u can help me with my interest.. that jointer looks to be a good alternative to a big freestanding 6in jointer and it's 8 inches so that is what makes it even more appealing to me anyway.
The DeWalt 734 planer is $400. $320 if your home Depot will accept a harbor freight 20% off coupon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

In honor of #toughinthesouth day.... Err because I just collected a hell of a payday or maybe it's just a decent deal for a receip saw I wanted....

Lowe's is giving a free 6ah battery with certain XR tools so I added em to the cart, found a  $20 off promo code set for store pickup(didn't checkout) and went to customer service, asked if they would honor my coupon code and let me just pay cash in store.... Well no battery in stock so the store manager who just happened to be standing nearby says "tell ya what, I'll knock the $139 off the 2 pack if you want" 

And they are matching Menards 11% rebate to boot!

IMG_20170818_193328.jpg

IMG_20170818_193359.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rrich1 said:

The DeWalt 734 planer is $400. $320 if your home Depot will accept a harbor freight 20% off coupon.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ya mine won't take the 20 percent from hf. I did look at the 734 it looked like a decent machine. Who knows maybe will just have to save up for a little while to get the 735. wanted feedback on this newer company tho never know what could be missing out on either way. 

Sorry for never including pics; trying to upload them always results in an error.

Anyway, I got the Rocket light with two free batteries and charger today, then stopped at Lowe's where I picked up an Irwin 24" level for $7 and a Stanley 78" level for $28.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

In honor of #toughinthesouth day.... Err because I just collected a hell of a payday or maybe it's just a decent deal for a receip saw I wanted....

Lowe's is giving a free 6ah battery with certain XR tools so I added em to the cart, found a  $20 off promo code set for store pickup(didn't checkout) and went to customer service, asked if they would honor my coupon code and let me just pay cash in store.... Well no battery in stock so the store manager who just happened to be standing nearby says "tell ya what, I'll knock the $139 off the 2 pack if you want" 

And they are matching Menards 11% rebate to boot!

IMG_20170818_193328.jpg

IMG_20170818_193359.jpg

Damn man should have asked him for the rest of the store. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Damn man should have asked him for the rest of the store. 

All I asked for was the coupon code.... just planned to spend $150, he offered the better deal... so i took it!!!

• Like 1

I posted on Instagram a week ago that I wanted to get a cordless Barrel Grip Jig Saw but didn't really like the options I could find, Bosch required investing in another 12v platform with not many other tools I wanted, Festool was the expensive option because it required I also invest in another battery platform, and Makita required I import it from Canada. No one really had other brand suggestions though I did find that Metabo has one but still the same platform investment requirements (are there any other brands with cordless barrel grips?). I just kind of put it aside for later thought and I listed my M18 jig saw on eBay figuring I'd take the money from it and buy one.

Then yesterday rolled around and International Tools announced a 24 hour overstock sale on a ton of tools with all listings starting at just $1.00. They had a ton of the Bosch bare tool jig saws up for grabs and some Makita grinders I wanted. The grinders got too expensive and I noticed someone paid more than retail for a rotary hammer. I ended up scoring a Bosch JS120BN Barrel Grip Jig Saw for a whopping $18 and a Dremel 7300-N/8 for $10. Everything included free shipping so now I just need to buy a Bosch starter kit and I saved over $100.

Unknown-1.jpeg.76b67cb7fed982dde0a293b316e331bd.jpeg

Unknown-2.jpeg.e8ec0cbb0745a412cf5a670f7af4ffdd.jpeg

20914481_10154953534293506_3840640885108077384_n.thumb.jpg.49ffe56b428166e798b8bb11a0d6ff6a.jpg

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jtkendall said:

I posted on Instagram a week ago that I wanted to get a cordless Barrel Grip Jig Saw but didn't really like the options I could find, Bosch required investing in another 12v platform with not many other tools I wanted, Festool was the expensive option because it required I also invest in another battery platform, and Makita required I import it from Canada. No one really had other brand suggestions though I did find that Metabo has one but still the same platform investment requirements (are there any other brands with cordless barrel grips?). I just kind of put it aside for later thought and I listed my M18 jig saw on eBay figuring I'd take the money from it and buy one.

Then yesterday rolled around and International Tools announced a 24 hour overstock sale on a ton of tools with all listings starting at just $1.00. They had a ton of the Bosch bare tool jig saws up for grabs and some Makita grinders I wanted. The grinders got too expensive and I noticed someone paid more than retail for a rotary hammer. I ended up scoring a Bosch JS120BN Barrel Grip Jig Saw for a whopping $18 and a Dremel 7300-N/8 for $10. Everything included free shipping so now I just need to buy a Bosch starter kit and I saved over $100.

20914481_10154953534293506_3840640885108077384_n.thumb.jpg.49ffe56b428166e798b8bb11a0d6ff6a.jpg

awww man. i would have jumped on that deal too. 

2 hours ago, jtkendall said:

GET THE COPING SHOE for that jigsaw!!!! The house I just built owners hired a cabinet guy to the tune of $50k for their kitchen and crown molding and he used that saw for all his coping.  He looked like he was just hacking away the way he used it but the results are fantastic.

Just now, Cr8ondt said:

GET THE COPING SHOE for that jigsaw!!!! The house I just built owners hired a cabinet guy to the tune of $50k for their kitchen and crown molding and he used that saw for all his coping.  He looked like he was just hacking away the way he used it but the results are fantastic.

Ok let me repeat this get the coping shoe..... $50,000 for this........

IMG_20170815_103248.jpg

• Like 2