What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

13 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Oh yeah...and2bf5d008d8acb14659e134425d881a15.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Nice bro, I've got the 325. It's fantastic. I'm thinking about buying the upgrade kit they are selling for the step up blade guide and bushings. I like the new fence on yours, a lot taller than mine,

14 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

Almost looks like the top part of the fence might be removable. It'd be handy if it was. 

You ou gonna put it on a mobile base?

The fence slides on the base rail so you can stand it on end as shown or so the flat is down exposing a low height fence for close work by the bearings. It's a nice tall fence for veneering. Mine is quite a bit shorter than that one. 

Almost looks like the top part of the fence might be removable. It'd be handy if it was. 

You ou gonna put it on a mobile base?
Mobile base is in the plans. Probably pick one up this week. I like the one I got for my jointer (htc 2000) and it's pretty darn cheap at $55 on Amazon.

Like@chrisk said, it can be removed and flipped on its side for thin pieces.

I put an HTC on my bandsaw and it's great. Be nicer if it were a single petal so it would be more practical to operate by foot, but you really can't beat it for the price. 

I'm conflicted in the single pedal. My delta table saw has one and I feel like it gets hung up on the floor more than my jointer does. They do take up less footprint which is nice.

Did you get my message I sent?

5 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Mobile base is in the plans. Probably pick one up this week. I like the one I got for my jointer (htc 2000) and it's pretty darn cheap at $55 on Amazon.

Like@chrisk said, it can be removed and flipped on its side for thin pieces.

I'm not sure if the base you saw has will accommodate the Rikon one, I have that and it's awesome. Wheels are on the base plus a little trailer hitch thing that allows for a wheeled handle to lift and tilt. Super maneuverable. 

I'm not sure if the base you saw has will accommodate the Rikon one, I have that and it's awesome. Wheels are on the base plus a little trailer hitch thing that allows for a wheeled handle to lift and tilt. Super maneuverable. 
The rikon base won't fit my saw. [emoji17]

1 minute ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I was so ready to get this deal with the compact recip saw to try out and if Lowe's had it I would have bought it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I did, but they didn't have the single packs in stock so they let me get a 2 pack of batteries for $50

Me too! It's almost like the good old days of a year or so ago. I have a couple nice gifts heading my way next week...already at $5 one day after emptying the account! The Win it app has been good to me lately.

Been getting most of my points in XTRA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

As mentioned before I scored a Bosch JS120BN Barrel Grip Jig Saw for a whopping $18 and a Dremel 7300-N/8 for $10 from International Tools eBay sale, they both showed up new in box. Now I just need to get some batteries and a charger for the jig saw, it looks like International Tools has a charger, 2 battery, and LBoxx-1 combo for around $70 which makes it a no brainer. Is there a difference between the silver and white labelled Bosch 12v batteries and the red and silver labelled ones?

Also fresh off the FedEx truck 5 Klein NCVT-2 testers that cost me $0 since I had tradesman club points from reviewing their heavy duty wire strippers and from other point providing activities. I don't need 5 of them, but they also had nothing else on the items available list that I wanted either, so why not.

IMG_9394.thumb.JPG.0a8809bed6823ccd6db794f3924a0c57.JPG

• Like 2

I finally picked up another Ridgid bottom box for my modular system, along with a couple more clearance Diablo router bits.  That makes two complete Ridgid and ToughSystem stacks, plus a few additional boxes.

Also stopped by storage and grabbed the still-new Porter Cable router I picked up about 18 months ago.  I got a Ryobi router table for half-price and the clearance Skil router bit set at Lowe's yesterday.  About to assemble the table now.

• Like 1