What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

This puppy showed up today, courtesy of Stuart from over at ToolGuyd, via ACME tools.

59b0692d5ef50_IMG_04241.thumb.JPG.1be5fdf5372680eade7aa8cd8dbe0cca.JPG

A month or so ago, Stuart had a spot contest on his site for a Veto pack of the winners choice, and I feel quite lucky to have won this one. Awesome tool pack... Thanks again Stuart!!

• Like 4

I'd been wanting to take advantage of a 9.0 starter pack and a tool for $250 but really just didn't need any of the tools offered.  Then when I was looking at the fuel metal circular saw I stumbled across a company bundling it with the 9.0 starter.  Dont mind if i do take a 9.0 and fast charger for an extra $50.

20170906_184111.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JMG said:

This puppy showed up today, courtesy of Stuart from over at ToolGuyd, via ACME tools.

59b0692d5ef50_IMG_04241.thumb.JPG.1be5fdf5372680eade7aa8cd8dbe0cca.JPG

A month or so ago, Stuart had a spot contest on his site for a Veto pack of the winners choice, and I feel quite lucky to have won this one. Awesome tool pack... Thanks again Stuart!!

Awesome man! I was wondering who won that!!! Glad to see someone from the crew get it!

Howzabout this little Hitachi 12v rotary tool:

hitachi1.thumb.jpg.f569ee5e2902e0df4ac5c51a3774146b.jpg

Check out that clearance price at Lowe's.  Don't strictly need this but for $39 I couldn't say no.

hitachi2.thumb.jpg.9d9c59e5177e97ccda43fca065c8bcba.jpg

Comes with a case, which is a big deal for me; I like organization.  They included two little bags of accessories, but disappointingly the case has no organization for those, so I'll probably have to improvise something.

hitachi3.thumb.jpg.4ce3dc76692ae884de383f4a120bfb47.jpg

It's a little butt-heavy when you hold it.  I don't think I'd have paid the original $99 price for this, but for $39 it's a hella good deal.

• Like 4

hitachi1.thumb.jpg.f569ee5e2902e0df4ac5c51a3774146b.jpg

Check out that clearance price at Lowe's.  Don't strictly need this but for $39 I couldn't say no.

Comes with a case, which is a big deal for me; I like organization.  They included two little bags of accessories, but disappointingly the case has no organization for those, so I'll probably have to improvise something.

hitachi3.thumb.jpg.4ce3dc76692ae884de383f4a120bfb47.jpg

It's a little butt-heavy when you hold it.  I don't think I'd have paid the original $99 price for this, but for $39 it's a hella good deal.

I've seen them here and there I want to say I've head some decent things about them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

db8dc570d24982c38ade65bdb4ab4afb.jpg7e67dcc34ad39ae282ec4671b5a5d83f.jpg
Bought a ton of Milwaukee stuff this week, a local retailer was doing a $100 off per kit trade in. I got the gen 2 fuel hammer drill, sawzall and surge impact with 2 chargers and 3 5.0 batteries for $500! Also I got the vacuum and jigsaw m12 bare tools. All this is replacing a very well used dewalt 20v tool selection that has served me well for the past 5 years. But being a plumber my tools take a beating and I like to replace them while they still have some life left. That way I can pass them on to someone who needs them or keep them as a backup just in case. They are definitely too beat up to make it worth selling. Very excited to put my new tools to work Monday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

10 hours ago, dwasifar said:

All the battery powered rotary tools are a little heavy for fine work, yours is the epitome of "a little heavy" and "butt-heavy" ...get the Dremel or any other decent brand flex-hose extension: https://www.amazon.com/Dremel-225-01-Flex-Shaft-Attachment/dp/B0000302Y8

I use it a lot when using my Milwaukee with a 4.0 battery. It makes it easier when you can lay the tool down and just maneuver the slim body of the flex hose. That's what she said?

• Like 1

Automatic welding helmet. An unknown Chinese helmet from eBay. I bought it because of the cheap price ($120 AUD) and large viewing area. It's supposed to have a "true colour" lens but I wouldn't be able to tell having never used many helmets. Much better than my flip down helmet! 

$_3-110.JPG

• Like 2

On 9/8/2017 at 0:03 PM, dwasifar said:

Here's my solution to organizing the accessories:

hitachi4.thumb.jpg.1aa8c9128ca5dc044e76e5eaa0d89f1b.jpg

Since I don't have a second battery, I made a custom fitted Fimo clay block for that space to hold the accessories.  Crude but functional.

• Like 3