What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

On 9/8/2017 at 1:03 PM, dwasifar said:

Howzabout this little Hitachi 12v rotary tool:

hitachi1.thumb.jpg.f569ee5e2902e0df4ac5c51a3774146b.jpg

Check out that clearance price at Lowe's.  Don't strictly need this but for $39 I couldn't say no.

hitachi2.thumb.jpg.9d9c59e5177e97ccda43fca065c8bcba.jpg

Comes with a case, which is a big deal for me; I like organization.  They included two little bags of accessories, but disappointingly the case has no organization for those, so I'll probably have to improvise something.

hitachi3.thumb.jpg.4ce3dc76692ae884de383f4a120bfb47.jpg

It's a little butt-heavy when you hold it.  I don't think I'd have paid the original $99 price for this, but for $39 it's a hella good deal.

I picked one up for a similar price (maybe $36) a couple of years back, along with the Hitachi rotary kit for an additional $15 or so.  It's a decent tool, especially for the price, and if you luck out you may be able to find additional batteries for cheap.  My local Lowe's had some 12v Peak batteries for $5 apiece earlier this year.  I bought three but the dog chewed one of them up.  Oh well, cheaper than some dog toys, I guess.

Tried getting a BOGO Ridgid 4.0Ah pack as part of the promo (buy 2 bare tools or batteries, get starter kit free), but no dice.  While on the subject, though, the local Home Depot has another Rocket light promo that qualifies for the current Milwaukee light promo.  The older promo includes a 5.0Ah battery and charger in the box, while the current promo throws in a separate 5.0Ah battery.  The old one was great, the current one pretty decent, but getting both with one purchase is outstanding!

So, I contemplated leaving the Ridgid stuff behind, but decided to fill some gaps in my cordless tool collection instead.  With the storm headed this way, I really wanted a couple more batteries for my fans, so I decided to pick up the random orbit sander and router to qualify for the free starter kit, while also picking up the last BOGO 4.0Ah pack.  With the storm coming, I'm fairly prepared for a few days without power (worst case scenario).

Battery situation is now as follows:

Rocket light: 33Ah of batteries (2x 9.0Ah, 3x 5.0Ah)

Ridgid fans: 20Ah of batteries (4x 4.0Ah, 2x 2.0Ah)

DeWalt radio, USB charger, Bluetooth speaker, and various lights: 46+Ah (7x 2Ah, 4x 4Ah [one more is at work with the spotlight], 2x 5Ah, and 1x 6Ah, plus eight or more 12v 1.3 and 1.5Ah batteries)

Filled two 5 gallon bottles for the water cooler yesterday, and about to bring in the patio furniture in a bit. 

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:30 AM, BMack37 said:

The other day I bought these on clearance for like $60 total:

b5brzol.jpg

Tuesday I bought my 2nd and 3rd of these pouches, I bought the first at $13 but these were a much better deal :D

DNuasT3.jpg

Oz8RtAq.jpg

I am glad you got them before they marked them down and threw them in the garbage.

• Like 1

Have I mentioned recently that I dislike FedEx? It seems they lost my Dewalt wet tile saw for some oddball reason and ACME is having to ship a replacement. Evidently they had a problem with the label on the package and sidelined it somewhere along the shipping route and now can't find it. :blink:

9 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

83b89f584483e55296a9b750d4a74d43.jpg

My newest sears gift

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a pretty nice driver. I have an identical Kobalt branded version from the Danaher era. 

The selector gear is ass backwards, but if you get used to that, it's a great value 

• Like 1

That's a pretty nice driver. I have an identical Kobalt branded version from the Danaher era. 

The selector gear is ass backwards, but if you get used to that, it's a great value 

It's a smoother ratchet than I expected, pretty well lubricayed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, rrich1 said:

The closest Lowe's in the area doesn't have the linesman is my Lowe's. Ugh.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'll try to get you a pair. I'm having trouble finding them when they drop, spent an hour trying to get help locating the 11 angled and 3 linesmen, I refuse to believe that they just disappeared. Going to go to another Lowe's tomorrow that has them at that price, might also hit up one with a higher price and see if I can get a price match to my unfulfilled orders.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Those and Knipex are my two favorite locking pliers, they're fantastic!

I'm glad you said that, I also have the 180mm Knipex on their way from Germany!

These are my first good locking pliers. I've only ever owned junk ones.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, D W said:

I'm glad you said that, I also have the 180mm Knipex on their way from Germany!

These are my first good locking pliers. I've only ever owned junk ones.

Be careful, these teeth bite in a lot more than the cheap ones. If you use these on a bolt head, don't expect to be able to get a socket on, without a lot of force, again. I like Knipex more because they feel smoother but it's apples to slightly shinier apples.

In fact, Knipex makes the 40-14-250 so you can grip onto bolt heads.

4014250-2__67982.1474581203.jpg?c=2

• Like 2