Jump to content
JimboS1ice

What tools did you buy today?

Recommended Posts

BMack37    3,872
19 minutes ago, D W said:

 

I'm glad you said that, I also have the 180mm Knipex on their way from Germany!

 

These are my first good locking pliers. I've only ever owned junk ones.

 

Be careful, these teeth bite in a lot more than the cheap ones. If you use these on a bolt head, don't expect to be able to get a socket on, without a lot of force, again. I like Knipex more because they feel smoother but it's apples to slightly shinier apples.

 

In fact, Knipex makes the 40-14-250 so you can grip onto bolt heads.

4014250-2__67982.1474581203.jpg?c=2

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Conductor562    2,534
29 minutes ago, D W said:

 

I'm glad you said that, I also have the 180mm Knipex on their way from Germany!

 

These are my first good locking pliers. I've only ever owned junk ones.

 

I've been using the Proto branded Grip-On's for several years and they've been awesome. Best of all, you don't pinch the shit out of your finger when you're releasing them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D W    139

@BMack37 so the bottom jaw on those Knipex pivot? That would be a handy feature. I only ordered the normal curved jaws.

 

I just found out about Strong Hand Big Mouth pliers from the same supplier that I got the grip-on's. They look great so maybe I'll put in an order (or get the long awaited Knipex Pliers wrench that I've always wanted).

 

http://stronghandtools.com/stronghandtools/products/pliers/strong-grip/stronggrip-paj/

 

 

big-mouth-pliers-1258__56455.1487913309.1280.1280.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BMack37    3,872
1 hour ago, D W said:

@BMack37 so the bottom jaw on those Knipex pivot? That would be a handy feature. I only ordered the normal curved jaws.

 

Yeah, the front part.

91pXj3APtdL._SX466_.jpg91BoUQZDeXL._SX522_.jpg

 

I just found out about Strong Hand Big Mouth pliers from the same supplier that I got the grip-on's. They look great so maybe I'll put in an order (or get the long awaited Knipex Pliers wrench that I've always wanted).

Those look interesting. I also like the Armor tool locking pliers, they make the Kreg Automaxx locking pliers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rrich1    1,772
$25 each for the levels and $0.01 for the router bit from HD

FaAUgRn.jpg

 

Gift from Sears, one of my favorite pliers:

dzJQHPH.jpg

 

Another gift from Sears, been wanting to try one for a while:

AUJWHuL.jpg

What do you do for shipping from Sears? I have $20 right now in points but they want to charge for each piece to ship. It's ridiculous.

 

I have one of those sensors. Love it.

 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
rrich1    1,772
 
I'll try to get you a pair. I'm having trouble finding them when they drop, spent an hour trying to get help locating the 11 angled and 3 linesmen, I refuse to believe that they just disappeared. Going to go to another Lowe's tomorrow that has them at that price, might also hit up one with a higher price and see if I can get a price match to my unfulfilled orders.
 
 
Let me know. Closest Lowe's in stock is 40 miles away.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BMack37    3,872
5 hours ago, rrich1 said:

What do you do for shipping from Sears? I have $20 right now in points but they want to charge for each piece to ship. It's ridiculous.

 

I have one of those sensors. Love it.

 

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

 

 

It's a pain. Basically, as their policy sits right now, one item over $30. If I have to use two items to get to $30, I either do one in-store or ship to store (which is free) and do free shipping on the other item. That's why I end up with a bunch of things I don't really need; I have to skirt their shipping policy and use all the points every two weeks. That's why I had three sets of Wera screwdrivers new in the box at one point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KnarlyCarl    5,020
On 9/14/2017 at 5:59 PM, HiltiWpg said:

I was made an offer I couldn't refuse...

ab6776d6f21ea62c412917ab9c93bb3c.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one! I use those open totes more than I thought I would, especially loose fittings and stack on top of the rolling cart going in and out of our shop

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BMack37    3,872

Went a little crazy on them but still happy at $10 each. Already had one of the ergo, one is going in the garage, not sure about the other. Sending one linesman to Rich and keeping at least one for me, biggest pair of linesmen pliers I own. They've pretty much disappeared from all the Lowe's around here, no matter how many are listed in inventory. Found these in a cart with a bunch of other stuff stacked on it, 90+ of the ergos in stock at that location...none on any rack. I want another pair of the cutters.

i9xyFMq.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ChrisK    5,550
6 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Went a little crazy on them but still happy at $10 each. Already had one of the ergo, one is going in the garage, not sure about the other. Sending one linesman to Rich and keeping at least one for me, biggest pair of linesmen pliers I own. They've pretty much disappeared from all the Lowe's around here, no matter how many are listed in inventory. Found these in a cart with a bunch of other stuff stacked on it, 90+ of the ergos in stock at that location...none on any rack. I want another pair of the cutters.

i9xyFMq.jpg

Love those NWS tools. I've got a few and I use them as my primary wiring tools. Really good finish to them too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Verktools    23

Add on to the ever expanding Knipex "collection"

After changing header gaskets on a Mercruiser engine, i found out i needed a stubby ratchet w/flex head. And a allen socket set :D

IMG_3698.JPG

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jronman    869

Bought these today Cheap vac adapter kit, 50 pk of carbide utility knife blades, Glü-Bot, and a Performax Pozidriv bit. That Pozidriv bit was a bear to find. I tried HD, Builders, Tractor Supply, and finally found it at Menards. I needed one to adjust my Festool router guide rail kit. Planing on getting a quality German bit kit in the future that will include one but this will do for now. IMG_8054.thumb.jpeg.0b630c3f77fe2eb8df34919503c08104.jpegIMG_3270.thumb.jpeg.5efb6dc1b1eaf5e40068b7846190993c.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KnarlyCarl    5,020
On 9/9/2017 at 8:42 AM, JimboS1ice said:

241aa1005f5ec8b30a1832e30f7e89fc.jpg

Picked this up the other day at HD, couldn't pass it up for that price!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

 

Don't believe I showed you guys where this screwgun got to! In my hands! 

Still amazing to think i've never used a drywall screwgun before, this is sick!!!!

 

IMG_20170910_192844714

..

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KnarlyCarl    5,020

Menards clearance/sale items:

Cobra Quick Set pliers. Cannot go wrong with cobras!!! 

 

IMG_20170916_090255011

..

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KnarlyCarl    5,020

Don't believe i've showed this here: for my birthday last week... It will go on a deck to be built in the near future...

 

Blackstone 36" griddle. Love it

IMG_20170909_143935907_HDR

..

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BMack37    3,872
15 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Love those NWS tools. I've got a few and I use them as my primary wiring tools. Really good finish to them too.

 

I like them a lot too! Did you see that @KC_Tool is carrying them now? Rebranded as Felo. They're also reasonably priced normally, IMO. Knipex can be really expensive on certain things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jronman    869

Well I tested the vac adapter set I got today. It doesn't really work on any of my stuff but for as cheap as it was I figured I would give it a shot. Maybe one day I will find a vac adapter kit with sizes I need. It is hard when you have 3 or 4 different sizes of dust ports on tools from 2 brands using a vac from a third brand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JimboS1ice    7,775
Menards clearance/sale items:
Cobra Quick Set pliers. Cannot go wrong with cobras!!! 
 
36457232453_419eb5ce6a_b.jpg ..

How much did you find the cobras for they had them 14.99 with a mail in rebate a month or so ago


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BMack37    3,872
2 hours ago, Jronman said:

Well I tested the vac adapter set I got today. It doesn't really work on any of my stuff but for as cheap as it was I figured I would give it a shot. Maybe one day I will find a vac adapter kit with sizes I need. It is hard when you have 3 or 4 different sizes of dust ports on tools from 2 brands using a vac from a third brand.

 

Right with ya man. I have the same adapters and they work on like one of my tools and that has an adapter that I have to use to get it to work and still need to buy a rubber o-ring to get it to seal at all. I think I'm going to try one of the step down adapters. Like F in this pic

03j6110s2.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
D W    139
3 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Don't believe i've showed this here: for my birthday last week... It will go on a deck to be built in the near future...

 

Blackstone 36" griddle. Love it

IMG_20170909_143935907_HDR

..

 

Throw a shrimp on it :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KnarlyCarl    5,020
6 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:


How much did you find the cobras for they had them 14.99 with a mail in rebate a month or so ago


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For 10" ones? That's a killer deal! These were $25 each 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jronman    869
8 hours ago, BMack37 said:

 

Right with ya man. I have the same adapters and they work on like one of my tools and that has an adapter that I have to use to get it to work and still need to buy a rubber o-ring to get it to seal at all. I think I'm going to try one of the step down adapters. Like F in this pic

 

something as simple as a rubber adapter that can be reformed if heated in warm water would probably work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cr8ondt    430
4 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

For 10" ones? That's a killer deal! These were $25 each 

Yep, got mine for $15 then too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Member Statistics

    11,801
    Total Members
    414
    Most Online
    Tammyjhonson
    Newest Member
    Tammyjhonson
    Joined
×