What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

12 hours ago, ChrisK said:

I am really interested in learning myself. I hope you follow up with your thoughts on this.

ChrisK, I will follow-up in the welding sub forum, to be honest though, I have such limited experience with welding, I don't have a base.

what I will comment on, is how it works for a newbie!

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 11:00 PM, rrich1 said:

Love to hear your thoughts on it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

rrich, I will follow-up in the welding sub forum after I've put in some time with it. since i'm new to welding, all I can comment on is how easy it is for a newbie.

22 hours ago, rrich1 said:

@BMack37 glad they made it to you. You never sent that payment info and I saw where you said you were looking for another set. emoji16.png

That's because your money is no good here! haha. It's like when you blue boys go to the donut shop and they hook you up ;)

17 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Find me one person who doesn't like a good donut. Unfortunately we don't have a donut shop here in town emoji17.png

haha, I like donuts but maybe have one per year and only because it was presented to me(and it has to be homemade style or krispy kreme). I don't eat cake either, that I'm just not a huge fan...but gummies, I'm rarely not in possession of gummy bears or worms.

7 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

@Conductor562 That is a very nice saw, my father in law has that and I've only used it once in awhile and cleaned up the cast top after it had accumulated some rust, but I find no real flaw in that saw

I ordered several dozen Flying Dutchmen blades for it, but even with the factory blades it cuts nice. Once I get a little practice, I think it'll be an enjoyable hobby. 

On 9/25/2017 at 8:22 PM, rrich1 said:

Picked up some 3/4" pipe and pipe clamps today to help with the gaming table build. Clamps are 7ft long so I felt the 3/4" pipe would flex less.

Also got the microjig match fit clamps and of course a Whiteside dovetail router bit for it. 08b20b88ab2ee84d93b52f9d91d1659b.jpg

Those Matchfit clamps are great, they work in the dovetails and can be used with a  Paulk or MFT style table and are a few dollars less than the similar Festool clamps are.

• Like 1

93ca187a04c8e44874b4508b5c336517.png2018ebd47d5589dfd9f42fbff487822c.png
02f741b985cdd50e97850b4e0410ee4b.png

Broke down and bought a surge, also upped my router game got a decent deal at menards only 160, farm and fleet had the flashlight for 55 couldn’t pass that up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did you get the Hitachi combo? That is the larger one in the pic. I would like to see some type of review on the router.

On 9/22/2017 at 2:33 AM, rrich1 said:

Find me one person who doesn't like a good donut. Unfortunately we don't have a donut shop here in town emoji17.png

Croissants and lattes bro, croissants and lattes....probably a statey thing 😏

• Like 1

Did you get the Hitachi combo? That is the larger one in the pic. I would like to see some type of review on the router.

No I got the m12v2 3 1/4 hp plunge, I’ve eyeballed the combo too that’s next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

No I got the m12v2 3 1/4 hp plunge, I’ve eyeballed the combo too that’s next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome. Still like to hear your thoughts on it. I would like a 2 1/4 hp router. The Triton is just too big to use out of the router table.