What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

3 hours ago, Nordraw said:

Picked up an 8" grinder at Home Depot for a good price. 49 bucks on sale from 69. Good for sharpening knifes and chisels. Replaced one wheel with a 120 grit wheel.

That is a ridiculous price for a 8" grinder, that's cheap for a 6" grinder. I don't understand how Ryobi and Wen can make them soo cheap.

I considered buying one even though I like my 6" Delta a lot. Add a potentiometer to control speed and you've got a really nice bench grinder for less than $55, less than half the cost of the 8" Delta.

• Like 1

On 9/28/2017 at 4:40 PM, ChrisK said:

Funny that, my new shorty rail for my HKC came broken too. What the heck?!?!?!?!

Turns out wasnt the only F UP with my order, i also recieved what i thought was the ets ec150 sander to realise id been sent the standard non brushless version ets150 although the invoice states ive been charged for the dearer brushless version. Ive had this since thursday but been too busy to realise only i sat down today to register for warranty. Worse again ive work booked in this week where i could have done with it.

Screenshot_20171001-172014.png

20171001_165007.jpg

15068749438041421933445.jpg

• Like 2

You haven't had the Surge yet??!! Oh boy you're in for a treat

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Nah I’ve been holding out for a deal on it but broke down and bought one, IMpacts can get rather loud in the garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Nah I’ve been holding out for a deal on it but broke down and bought one, IMpacts can get rather loud in the garage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to start putting in ear plugs for them, it's just too damn loud. I've been thinking about the Surge too.

23 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

A new Whiteside 1/8" round over bit, sanding block and some festool sanding blocks.@ChrisK I didn't realize these sanding blocks were so cheap. $4 for a box of 3. That cheaper than 3m stuff! bdfdb3283ac9466e15525b03c57d6a5d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Not only cheap but really high quality. You’ll love them. I have a bunch in the shop.

• Like 3