What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

14 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

The guy got it from his Grandfather, he was planning on making it a lamp. Glad he sold it to me, I've already disassembled it, drilled out the broken screws in the jaw and some rusted parts are soaking in Evapo-Rust. Right now I'm looking for a replacement hardened steel jaw or will make some aluminum jaws for it. Also going to strip it and repaint it.

I'm thinking teal (like a 50s Chevy or a bright red), what do you guys think?

CC: @rrich1

Teal would be pretty neat for the vise. I'd check eBay or Owen.org for replacement jaws. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

The guy got it from his Grandfather, he was planning on making it a lamp. Glad he sold it to me, I've already disassembled it, drilled out the broken screws in the jaw and some rusted parts are soaking in Evapo-Rust. Right now I'm looking for a replacement hardened steel jaw or will make some aluminum jaws for it. Also going to strip it and repaint it.

I'm thinking teal (like a 50s Chevy or a bright red), what do you guys think?

CC: @rrich1

love me some 50's colours, Neptune green would be awesome for that vise.....

s-l1000.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

You gotta go two tone on it.

I'm planning on it, was thinking that neptune greenish and an off-white color but trying to decide to just the logos and letters or to do the bottom stripes or do those sunken areas near the jaws. I'm leaning towards logo and letters only but strongly considering the sunken areas.

BTW, I measured at Lowe's today, I think the Irwin jaws will fit!

Inspiration:

Chrismas_Card_1280.jpg

• Like 4

Karcher K 2 Compact showed up today, there’s a little preview video of it cleaning my sidewalk on my Instagram. Nice little machine, worth the ~$100 investment. I wish the base was a little heavier though because I had a few moments where I had to stop because it was tipping. That’s mostly from new hoses that need to be broken in I think.

93D0E76D-23BE-441B-B79C-19368D15A24C.thumb.jpeg.31f58835d915d5f4399628fbeb9b9dc8.jpeg

• Like 1

$20 from a pawn shop, all USA made. Brand new router bits and used but decent condition tap holder, I wanted a spare for my screw extractor set:

zZKG7Gr.jpg

eBay score, I have the SO Instinct hard handles but wanted to try the soft, these feel a LOT better in the hand.

9yQ64OV.jpg

This made my day. Another eBay find, lost out on the auction for one last week which sold for over $100, one on eBay now for $200. Before it was discontinued it was $750, it's replacement is $850+! ...I paid $30

AcqIOiV.jpg

• Like 3

Ordered a second Flexvolt grinder kit while the free battery deal is still going on, battery is on back order so 7-10 days until it arrives (along with the one for my original grinder kit). Planned on getting a second one anyway but didn't realize the battery deal was expiring at the end of the month.

Stopped into Lowe's yesterday and walked out with an old Bosch promo that time seems to have forgotten - the PS31 kit in an L-Boxx with free 12v radio.  The box was faded and dusty, but the clearance sticker was still prominent: $104, was $149.  Came out under $100 with discount.

A quick search shows that these kits were sold for $100 a couple of years ago.  Still, I'm happy.  My old PC 12v Max stuff will be gifted to a friend now, and I get to check out Bosch tools (and deals) now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fm2176 said:

Stopped into Lowe's yesterday and walked out with an old Bosch promo that time seems to have forgotten - the PS31 kit in an L-Boxx with free 12v radio.  The box was faded and dusty, but the clearance sticker was still prominent: $104, was $149.  Came out under $100 with discount.

A quick search shows that these kits were sold for $100 a couple of years ago.  Still, I'm happy.  My old PC 12v Max stuff will be gifted to a friend now, and I get to check out Bosch tools (and deals) now.

Yeah I got that same kit clearanced for $35.

• Like 2

Ordered some TSTAK II's last week from Zoro, got here today and I think I only need one or two more of them with everything else going into deep TSTAK's or TSTAK open totes.

A Dewalt 611 with plunge base, two Ryobi router bit sets, Whiteside spiral up cut bit, and a edge guide fits nicely with some extra space for more bits. I was really hoping this would be the case because it does not fit very well in it's bag. I put the other two to good use so I now have an impact wrench with flashlight kit in the car in case of a breakdown and a drill and impact kit for the common projects that people usually want my help with.

Also got some more Klein canvas bags for small items and parts.

IMG_0075.thumb.jpg.5d3e43ab0db467b016369ea376e87f3c.jpg

IMG_0076.thumb.jpg.3e146e2d67b2c4c06cf142df590c87a1.jpg

IMG_0081.thumb.jpg.e9250638e035638d1b40e0db28a6e37d.jpg

• Like 2