What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Got these at Builders today. The new XP tape from DeWALT, some concrete screws with a free bit too, a Milwaukee 5 piece masonry bit set, a Do it Best branded wire crimper/striper/screw cutter so I can cut cabinet pull/knob screws and a box of 1/4x2 lags. Gonna use some of this stuff to instal 2 tough system racks. No impressed with the crimping tool. The quality isn't there. The cutting portion is pained black which I am not a big fan of. I don't wanna give the "made in China" excuse for bad quality since not everything made in China is bad but these are made in China. Not sure if I want to return them or keep them. I had a guy help me find the right concrete screws and felt like I had excellent service. IMG_0182.thumb.jpeg.978069d8fe5187661c7f067cf74170a4.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/8/2017 at 10:05 AM, rcarnes911 said:

I was at home Depot this morning and saw this portable table, so I picked it up, so far it's nice and all but the legs don't fold you have to pull them out and the clamp holders are supposed to fit any standard clamp I guess none of my clamps are "standard" think I will try it out for a couple days and maybe return it and get something elsed7e82635b32999bf8247fd7b938bb272.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

https://www.amazon.com/Keter-Folding-Workbench-Sawhorse-Capacity/dp/B001CWX26Y  i picked this one up at a garage sale for 25 bucks and even after it was used it still works great for me and the way it folds is what gets me,. the four legs fold down into the bottom panel when you fold it together.   i think sams club has this on sale.

On 12/7/2017 at 1:30 AM, Annia Palmer said:

I went to a yard sale and found a decent amount of antique tools for amazingly cheap. A few augers for 25 cents each and some blacksmith tongs. Also bought a toolset for kids that is identical to the one I used as a kid! My son will be ecstatic when he gets home!

YOU gotta post some pics of them I'm def. curious to see.

Received my m12 jacket today but.... I am returning the jacket. The jacket is really nice. The battery is noticeable but I think it will be alright. I wanted to keep it but the size wasn't going to work. I normally wear large in all my shirts so I figured I would fit in a large. After I got the jacket it felt big and bulky. I remembered Milwaukee had a sizing chart and my waist fit into the medium range and my chest fit in the small range. So long story short I am returning the large to get a medium. I wish I would have remembered the chart before I purchased the jacket. I guess jackets tend to be on the big side.

Not a purchase, but I won a 3/8" Drive Electronic Torque Wrench from Gearwrench for their November Facebook giveaway, it showed up today along with some swag. Also somewhat tool related the mail says that the Bass Pro gift card I won from What Tool's Inside on the 4th is showing up today.

IMG_0367.thumb.jpg.3c17ac99d8a1d39cf1cf4333b072d144.jpgIMG_0368.thumb.jpg.3969ce88bdfd6ca43b5aecd17671f7da.jpgIMG_0369.thumb.jpg.9d6d6fc57cbc1bf5be3bab0c62868517.jpg

• Like 2

Not a purchase, but I won a 3/8" Drive Electronic Torque Wrench from Gearwrench for their November Facebook giveaway, it showed up today along with some swag. Also somewhat tool related the mail says that the Bass Pro gift card I won from What Tool's Inside on the 4th is showing up today.

IMG_0367.thumb.jpg.3c17ac99d8a1d39cf1cf4333b072d144.jpgIMG_0368.thumb.jpg.3969ce88bdfd6ca43b5aecd17671f7da.jpgIMG_0369.thumb.jpg.9d6d6fc57cbc1bf5be3bab0c62868517.jpg
Nice score

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Biggie said:

It's not the mid range yet but it'll be a nice improvement over the dcf889 that's currently on the truck.

20171215_122416.jpg

Solid buy. Recommend buying the Mac boot for it. Less than $20. Looks like it's out of stock though.https://www.mactools.com/en-us/Power-Tools/Power-Tool-Attachments/36160b32-f6b4-460e-9829-a4ae0161d94f/Impact-Wrench-Protective-Boots/PBBWP151-B/BWP151-Boot-Black

• Like 1

I got a Husky deal for a 3 pack of medium duty work gloves for around $14, a pack of Makita metric sockets and a pack of standard sockets, and Some Diablo carbide recip blades: one pruning and one wood w/ nails. All from Home Depot. The Sockets and Gloves were in the Christmas tool section. I noticed that the Bessey clamps were in short supply but no new DeWALT clamps to be found.

I found a Ridgid USB power source for $15 on Saturday.  Haven't seen my DeWalt version for a while.  I played around with it some and think it offers a few improvements over the Yellow design (one a little on the shaky side) with one drawback.

The drawback is the single (as opposed to dual) USB ports.  I like the option of charging my Fitbit and my phone at the same time.  The improvements are a 2.0A output versus DeWalt's 1.5A, a slimmer design with belt clip, and a power button.  Even with a 4.0Ah battery, the clip works well and I could see keeping it clipped to a bag or even my belt.  The power button is where things are a little odd.  Rather than an on/off switch it turns the unit on for 8 hours.

I'll see how it fares compared to  misplaced DeWalt.  I'm just glad I have and alternative to dragging a Bluetooth speaker around to keep my phone charged.

With Xmas comes tools...Ryobi narrow-crown stapler, Ryobi trim router, a pack of 4Ah batteries, and a set of router bits. More stuff will be coming but I have to wait and order it online, some stuff isn't in any stores. I wrapped what's here so far so I have something to open on Christmas morning. Gonna be getting the Ryobi brushless angle grinder, which comes with two 4Ah batteries and a charger. Also a kit of 3 Ryobi 18v sanders...1/4 sheet sander, ROS, and corner cat. I have their chemical sprayer in the cart too, but haven't decided if it's gonna stay in the cart or not.

Will be getting a fair amount of goodies for the wife and kid of course, hoping to have a really nice Christmas this year. It's been a long time since I've been able to have piles of stuff under the tree for everyone.

People weren't lying about the vibration.  It definately bucks a bit when you pull the trigger without it being in any material.  Dewalt even acknowledges this as they've added some rubber pieces where the battery slides on.  This is the first tool that I've noticed dewalt doing this for.

20171221_180002.jpg

• Like 4

Gonna have to wait until Xmas or a day after for photos, all of the stuff I bought I wrapped and put under the tree. Yesterday we went to Harbor Freight, my first time in there, and I picked up a Pittsburg 50" clamping saw guide and a couple of 24" quick clamps. The clamps are pretty damned nice for 6 bucks each, and the clamp guide bar (which I thought was cheaply priced at $23) will be great for cutting sheet materials.

IMG_0080 a.jpg

• Like 2

I went with @justinkendall to Lowe's today while helping our mom finish up her Christmas shopping. I went in planning on just getting something to finish a bottle opener with and mineral spirits to clean up my apron plane so I can actually put it to use. An hour later and the cart looked like this, not shown is a lumber cart of 2x4 1/2" birch plywood panels and a 2x2 piece of MDF.

IMG_0429.thumb.jpg.fe00cf5499ba74db806daae70c41b597.jpg

Picked up:

• 2x 36" Irwin medium duty bar clamps
  • 2 pack of storage containers for screws
  • The originally planned for mineral spirits
  • 3/4" wood screws
  • mixing buckets
  • a bottle of titebond II since I don't like glu-bots and need something to pour a gallon of glue into
  • 1/4 of the wiping cloths
  • kreg screws
  • kreg R3 jig with a free 2" clamp
  • S1020SOL-US Southwire made in the USA compact wire strippers
  • natural danish oil

Everything else was Justin's. I'll probably pick up another two of the Irwin clamps to supplement my Bessey pipe clamps, my project plans don't call for much gluing over 24" but it's nice to have them if I need them.

• Like 1

Stopped at Lowes for some plywood and ended up buying other things.

DB4BF11B-3CBF-49D0-B434-127F9C163907.thumb.jpeg.7f2648a50ef279873ed9239e69087b7e.jpeg

Made in the USA Southwire Compact Wire Stripper (S1020SOL-US) and Ergo Wire Stripper (S1018SOL-US). They’re so new to my local store that they didn’t have a place for them to hang and instead just left them in boxes with the price tag on a shelf in the adjacent bay. Did I need them? No. Did I buy them? Yes. Do I care where they are made? No.

26D8B93E-E24A-4CE5-8F5E-89B61F73A327.thumb.jpeg.0551d06844594853358affad2fce9eab.jpeg

Southwire 8” Cable Ties, 11” Cable Ties, and V-Notch Wire Stripper (SVN). I was looking for the releasable cable ties but they still don’t have them. They do now stock the 11 and 14’s which is nice. For months all they have had is the 8’s.

EDC6ED28-633A-43D6-84BC-ECDA3C789065.thumb.jpeg.99046d3a997e6597d12d7ff79b432264.jpeg

4x Irwin 2” Spring Clamps (3 not shown), a 4 pack of 6” Irwin Quick-Grip clamps, and a bottle of Titebomd II for the plywood.

• Like 2

Totally forgot I bought this set of extension adapters for the tap set. It allows you to use a standard 3/8" extension with the Gearwrench tap and die holders...which I could have used at work the other day repairing threads on our shop van battery tray.

IMG_0081 a.jpg

• Like 1

You mind opening the packout case, I'd like to see the insides. Was actually looking at that to add to my Xmas list, might still do it. Been looking for a small driver for work, don't like dragging around the bigger guns when I need to do stuff, especially up on the roof.