What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

20 hours ago, tugnut1 said:

I didn't buy this today, but I bought it very recently.

The Rockler Clamp it Corner Clamping jig.

I have to say I love these clamps.  I'm getting much better results when building things out of pocket holes than I did in the past.  

These aren't my photos just so you know. 

I might have to get those. I'm not a huge fan of the Kreg corner clamp, sometimes it still comes out a little off and my OCD can't take it.

It's ok for some things but not great.

41wU+9ZAFtL._SY463_.jpg

Keeping with rockler. I got some bandy clamps and some router bit inserts. I plan to make a router bit holder sometime soon and these hold 1/4 and 1/2" so be much easier to move around the bits. I'm going to really like these clamps. 549404d9cb06f9c1762c7142d1dd5ab2.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 1/9/2018 at 11:26 AM, BMack37 said:

I might have to get those. I'm not a huge fan of the Kreg corner clamp, sometimes it still comes out a little off and my OCD can't take it.

It's ok for some things but not great.

41wU+9ZAFtL._SY463_.jpg

I'm going to be creating a video on some tricks for getting good pocket hole joints shortly.  I haven't used the Kreg corner jig shown above, but it looks like it has potential.  

• Like 1

On 16/11/2017 at 9:02 PM, Tug said:

20171116_202600.jpg

Had my first proper go with this today, I needed to chase a wall for a light switch position, I'll give more in depth feedback as I go! Very comfortable to use, but unwieldy up a step-ladder! :lol:

• Like 3

10 hours ago, tugnut1 said:

I'm going to be creating a video on some tricks for getting good pocket hole joints shortly.  I haven't used the Kreg corner jig shown above, but it looks like it has potential.  

It works a lot better for miters, maybe I need to get at least four of them and it would work better but the surface isn't grippy so the pieces can move on you.

10 hours ago, BMack37 said:

It works a lot better for miters, maybe I need to get at least four of them and it would work better but the surface isn't grippy so the pieces can move on you.

I do have four of the corner clamps.  It allows me to keep all four corners aligned and if something is a little off in the middle, I either use a clamp or push it in by hand to line it up.  They seem to hold very well on the plywood I've been using.

• Like 1

@jtkendall how have you liked your new Ironclad gloves? Do your hands stay warm? Do they seem quality? I'm looking at getting some for myself cause it has been cold and windy out and the gloves I own aren't doing justice. I am probably going to upgrade to a Cold Condition Waterproof or the Tundra but figured I would ask about your thoughts on the Summit Reflective.

43 minutes ago, Jronman said:

@jtkendall how have you liked your new Ironclad gloves? Do your hands stay warm? Do they seem quality? I'm looking at getting some for myself cause it has been cold and windy out and the gloves I own aren't doing justice. I am probably going to upgrade to a Cold Condition Waterproof or the Tundra but figured I would ask about your thoughts on the Summit Reflective.

So far they’re working out well. Definitely warm, good quality and I’d buy another pair if they were lost or somehow damaged. With the wind chill last week in MD making it feel below zero I never had a moment where I wished they were warmer even though they say they are only good down to 40°.

• Thanks 1

Wow! just had the best customer service hands down ever. Nothing else even comes close. I bought some gloves online from Baseline Equipment Company and they took the time to have a real guy call me to personally thank me for my order. He could have easily just sent me an email because it was an online order but no he put in the extra effort to call. He mentioned that the gloves weren't available and took the time to not just suggest a different pair of gloves but called the gloves company to check on availability. He said they won't be available until March but said I could buy one size larger and have them within a few days and even said he couldn't resist mentioning that he liked my email. 

I bought one of Bosch's new 40 something piece bit sets with the new bit box system. I used a $25 gift card I got and only had to pay $1 and some change. I liked that it had a wider variety of 2 in bits like a phillips #3 and #1 and a torx t40 which my Flextorq does not come with in 2 in and no t40 at all.

• Like 3

well it is not really new but the package was sealed, I found it among some of my father's stuff......boy I should take some time to go through all the boxes.........I would guess he bought this in the 90's........if it is any consultation I now know I have some woodpecker....lol oh and some old school sawhorse brackets.....

20180117_183853.jpg

20180117_184846.jpg

• Like 2

My Gloves arrived today. I hope they will work. They are Ironclad Tundra gloves. 200 gram insulation, full water and wind proof, and kevlar reinforced material. Rated for as cold as 0 degrees F. Should keep my hands warm, dry, and provide some protection.

• Like 2

On 1/17/2018 at 9:19 PM, Jronman said:

My Gloves arrived today. I hope they will work. They are Ironclad Tundra gloves. 200 gram insulation, full water and wind proof, and kevlar reinforced material. Rated for as cold as 0 degrees F. Should keep my hands warm, dry, and provide some protection.

Post an update on these, always good to see if things are as advertised.

My Bosch bit set came today. It seems nice enough. The case is nice and even has a rubber like material on the edges for added protection. It is a nice touch. My work bought a new air stapler. It is a cap stapler from Stinger. I didn't get a chance to use it but was told it works well. We didn't use it much. We planned to use it more but were only able to use it for the valley paper. We were gonna try some new to us roofing material called RhinoRoof and instal it with the Stinger stapler. It is a synthetic replacement to tar paper. Almost seemed like a similar feel to Tyvek paper. After reading the label on the roll of RhinoRoof we found out using staples with RhinoRoof will void the warranty. After a bit of research as to why, we found out they claim staples could tear the paper. We only had the 20 paper but apparently if we had the 50 paper we could have used the staples without voiding the warranty. Apparently certain sizes are acceptable on the 50 without voiding the warranty. So instead of stapling the paper we hand drove it with some cap nails. I think my boss is going to switch out the stapler with the nailer version. They are cool staplers. It has 2 chambers. On one you feed the roll of caps then on the other side you put in your staples. It then joins the 2 together when it shoots. I would guess the nailer functions like the stapler.

On 25/12/2017 at 9:28 PM, Tug said:

My new brushless grinder, I'll be cutting stuff tomorrow, fo sho!

Cheers to one and all! 

IMG-20171225-WA0017.jpeg

Sent this back and am now the proud owner of this; 

1516643733251537201394.jpg

Had one quick go in the front garden on a random piece of concrete and it ripped through it with ease! Roll-on tomorrow for some proper testing! 

• Like 1

Picked up a Ryobi tile saw for $50 earlier.  Reviews are mostly positive and before I use it I'll probably get a better blade and a pump.  Like most of my tools it will get little use for now, but I do have some tile projects planned for the future.

ryobi-wet-tile-saws-blades-ws731-64_1000.jpg

• Like 2