What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Got em both bro! Congratulations, your getting some fantastic craftsman tools
Thanks. I keep wanting to second guess myself on the LN laj vs the veritas. The veritas has some nicer features but just look at the LN! I can't wait to get this armoire finished so I can get started on the hand tool cabinet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

Thanks. I keep wanting to second guess myself on the LN laj vs the veritas. The veritas has some nicer features but just look at the LN! I can't wait to get this armoire finished so I can get started on the hand tool cabinet.

Don’t second guess. I have a 4-1/2 Veritas I love. I have a mix of Lie Nielsen and Veritas in my shop. I just sold my LN router plane on eBay for a hefty profit because I like my Veritas router plane better. But I wouldn’t think twice about my two Jacks for LN over Veritas. 

The big thing to remember is the controls....Stanley Bedrock vs Veritas’ controls. Plus LN is made in Maine, Veritas in Canada. You know you are buying super high quality. Though I am still waiting for my Christmas present my wife ordered me in November 😪

https://www.lie-nielsen.com/product/bench-planes/no.-10-1-4-bench-rabbet-plane?node=4065

Don’t second guess. I have a 4-1/2 Veritas I love. I have a mix of Lie Nielsen and Veritas in my shop. I just sold my LN router plane on eBay for a hefty profit because I like my Veritas router plane better. But I wouldn’t think twice about my two Jacks for LN over Veritas. 

I'm very happy with the purchase. I'm just very indecisive! I love the quality of the planes. Have you tried the #7 1/2 low angle jointer? Oh man that plane cut through curly maple so easily. The guy said how underrated it was and it's significantly cheaper than the #7 jointer. Almost...almost temped to sell my record planes but not sure if I could do it.

I tried their honing guide there too and really liked it. I might be putting my veritas guide up for sale.

I watched the comparison video my Matt estlea on YouTube of the router planes. I liked the features of the veritas over the LN. I definitely prefer the veritas shoulder planes over text LN. Just much easier to hold in the hands.

I've been itching to buy something but I've been indecisive on what I want/need. Today I decided to check eBay and found some more Millers Falls planes on there, some priced way over their worth even if they were in pristine condition. Since I couldn't find a #18 Fore plane or a #22 or #24 Jointer plane for a reasonable price I decided to just pick up an inexpensive #87 block plane that needs a good cleaning and a front knob.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.e4c39128dce38890cf6167502544c40f.jpg

Once it's cleaned up and I either find a knob or make one it could look something like this:

s-l500.jpg.69c3bae89e2712fcfa2c5c0157599a60.jpg

• Like 4

I'm a big fan of the cheap LED lights on Ebay. This one has to be my favourite so far. It feels high quality, has a belt clip, magnet, has 2 brightness levels that are perfect, a single LED on the end for flashlight mode, and is USB chargeable. Only $7 AUD! There's a bigger version too, so I've ordered one. 

IMG_20180223_092810.jpg

IMG_20180223_092854.jpg

IMG_20180223_093031.jpg

• Like 3

Ok crew it’s been a minute but I finally picked this bad boy up! I had a snap on box similar a few years back that I bought for around $600 used but sold it for the same Thank god now I have my 52 inch husky and this guy to roll around with me, I like it it feels really sturdy and the drawers open and close pretty smooth oh and the casters are pretty heavy duty. We will see how it holds up 

18AD675B-5D9E-4002-8BA1-3B38B82E3829.jpeg

CAE555D2-A657-4181-8BAA-2724149C51AA.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

Ok crew it’s been a minute but I finally picked this bad boy up! I had a snap on box similar a few years back that I bought for around $600 used but sold it for the same Thank god now I have my 52 inch husky and this guy to roll around with me, I like it it feels really sturdy and the drawers open and close pretty smooth oh and the casters are pretty heavy duty. We will see how it holds up 

Nice Mike! 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

Great 👍 pick up. Awesome tool storage 😊

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bigmikez said:

Thank you! bro with us still not finding a house yet and still staying here at our grandparents I had to have some kinda storage for my tools it’s sucks that my whole manhood is in storage 😭😩 LOL 😂 

Dude, I spent a couple at my in laws, I hope your stay is quick and painless bro!

• Like 1