JimboS1ice

What tools did you buy today?

Well, I got nothing for Father's Day, but found a Bosch 12v light for $9 yesterday morning and picked up a Craftsman T-Stak for $71 later in the day.

When I normalize myself from the thankfully over Drill Sergeant days, I'll probably keep my single L-BOXX with the 12v drill and radio it came with (and the new light) in the truck.  I'll probably keep a medium Ridgid box or the center T-Stak in there as well with the 2763 impact wrench and sockets.  I've been waiting for the 2860 mid-torque to drop to $.03 pricing.  The truck used to be clean and organized for emergencies, impromptu projects, and helping other motorists, but over the past two years I've neglected it at best. 

Milwaukee Surge, 2.0 amp battery, a Large Dewalt ToughSystem box, an Easy Wood Large detailing tool for my lathe, a 12x20 piece of granite for my sharpening station and a pizza cutter kit to turn. I’ll throw some pics on later 🤪

Also all of the new1/2”  Router bits from Peachtree came in but I haven’t even opened the box yet.

My Wife bought me a two person hammock for Daddy Day. She’s awesome. My Son got me an awesome “Dadman” t shirt and a neat book to read him. He loved it.

• Like 4

Picked up a 2860 mid-torque impact today.  I'll likely pick up the M12 ratchets as well as the M18 Fuel 3/8" impact soon enough to complete my cordless automotive setup.

Also, found 14 Metabo Combinator cutoff wheels for $.38 each at Lowe's.  Coupled with the DeWalt grinding discs I grabbed on clearance last year, I should be set for cutting and grinding for a while.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fm2176 said:

Picked up a 2860 mid-torque impact today.  I'll likely pick up the M12 ratchets as well as the M18 Fuel 3/8" impact soon enough to complete my cordless automotive setup.

Also, found 14 Metabo Combinator cutoff wheels for $.38 each at Lowe's.  Coupled with the DeWalt grinding discs I grabbed on clearance last year, I should be set for cutting and grinding for a while.

Nicely done! I’ve been wondering if I shouldn’t just grab a 2860 as well; it’s so much cheaper than a 2861. Dewalt pricing is the same way; pin detents must be selling like crap. 

• Like 1