What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

I am owner of a Porter Cable 7538 now. It was a gift to me from my uncle. It is the first 3+ hp router I have owned. It will also be the first 3+ hp router I will have used not counting shapers. I was surprised to see he included a Whiteside bit.

• Like 2

Thanks Amazon prime day. Bosch flexi click for $120! Also a heavy duty surge protector for the miter station and white charcoal pencils. These should make it easier to see on the upcoming furniture builds made from cherry and walnut. 7f6848f96921519392e7e734b86f9968.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 7

17 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Thanks Amazon prime day. Bosch flexi click for $120! Also a heavy duty surge protector for the miter station and white charcoal pencils. These should make it easier to see on the upcoming furniture builds made from cherry and walnut.

Nice flexiclick deal.

I bought one of the Milwaukee copper tubing cutters last week I liked ot at first but the piece of sh** is already broken. I had got it wet cutting out a piece of 3/4" today it worked still for the rest of that job. Then I get to a job tonight and it`s not working. Needless to say I am pissed and I will be giving Milwaukee a mouth full tomorrow. I am done buying Milwaukee tools they have gone to sh** I have 4 dead 18 volt lith batteries two dead sawzalls and one cordless drill. All of them less than a year old...

3 hours ago, JohnyWalter said:

I bought one of the Milwaukee copper tubing cutters last week I liked ot at first but the piece of sh** is already broken. I had got it wet cutting out a piece of 3/4" today it worked still for the rest of that job. Then I get to a job tonight and it`s not working. Needless to say I am pissed and I will be giving Milwaukee a mouth full tomorrow. I am done buying Milwaukee tools they have gone to sh** I have 4 dead 18 volt lith batteries two dead sawzalls and one cordless drill. All of them less than a year old...

Bad luck. I’ve only ever had one problem with an M18 rocket light and they fixed it. All of my other red tools and their batteries seem to be doing fine, even the tubing cutter which I’ve gotten soaking wet several times and just blew it out with compressed air. 

I’m not saying they’re the best built or most reliable in the world, but they’ve worked well for me over the years rebuilding my house from the inside out. 

Hitachi CR18DBL brushless 18V reciprocating saw.

For some unknown reason my 18V Metabo simply stopped working. I couldn't wait any longer without having a full size saw.

Rumours of a 36V Multivolt with orbital action are out there, but let's hope it's not for a while so I haven't wasted money on buying this one (I'd 100% prefer a 36V version). 

This is very compact and lightweight and the trigger is great.

IMG_20180731_143727.thumb.jpg.aca9111cca6a35f86d03eb200448f2a9.jpg

• Like 3

I didn't buy this but my boss bought our work a new miter saw. he got the DeWALT DWS780. I was hoping to be surprised with the DHS790 or something with a rail forward design but the 780 is still a good saw so I have heard. I have never used one but I am sure it is pretty similar to the 790. I think our old saw was the previous model to the 780 maybe the 716

it kinda does with the single hammer, drill and screw selector right on the same ring settings just like the M18  
m12.PNG.6693b75daae4f224a12d880aba9ae3ab.PNG

I was referring to the redesigned chuck itself on the gen 3 m18s, it’s more like a rohm chuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought a CMT 1/2 and a 3/4 forsner from Menards. I also picked up another bottle of CMT bit/bkade cleaner. I really like the stuff and figured I should have another bottle on hand for when the first one runs out. I also decided to try out a Franklin Pro Sensor T6 stud finder also from Meneards. Not too fancy or anything but is accurate according to reviews.

I don't have photos of everything but recent tool additions include:

• 500mm Inventables X-Carve
  • Monoprice MP Mini Delta 3D Printer
  • Some Amana Tool 1/8" shank and Whiteside 1/4" shank router bits
  • Tacklife digital calipers
  • Dewalt 2x 20V Max Lawn Mower
  • Campbell Hausfeld MP290001AV Air Brush Kit

The lawn mower is hopefully going back to Acme for a replacement because FedEx beat the crap out of it to the point that a rear wheel is bent inward, which really sucks because I need to mow the yard and the riding mower is on it's last leg. I looked at the Ego but a getting into a battery platform for one item, especially when said battery has only a 45 minute run time didn't make sense to me since I already have a bunch of Flexvolts.

• Like 1

Picked up a drum sander today and I'm pretty stoked. Came with a mobile base. There was a pneumatic accessory spindle that attaches to the side included as well. Also came with 4 new 120 grit and 2 new 80 grit rolls of paper. Not bad for $220. e2fba941ae8b97c4c30425bb2c0ee0e2.jpg3a2c43ca79e38a953a0dc91d6bca33d4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3