What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

8 hours ago, rrich1 said:

Lol. Penny stuff is super rare these days.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It sure is.  Around 2014 I was frequenting GJ and made note of the DeWalt SCMS penny deals others were scoring.  That kicked off my HD aisle combing but I never scored anything better than an $.02 deal (usually about 75% off) in that area (Savannah, Georgia)  Since then I've gotten two penny deals--3 cheap calipers on one occasion and a weed puller on another.

On 11/15/2018 at 2:54 PM, Jronman said:

How do you like it?

I got to play around with it yesterday. So far I'm very impressed. I tried cutting super tight curves in a 2x12 and they all stayed at 90 degrees. It looked like they were done on a band saw.  Usually when cutting 3/4 material with a jig saw there is always blade deflection  and the cuts are rarely at 90 degrees.

The strobe LED is weird as its timed to the blade so it does not look like its moving, but it can be turned off to a solid LED.

I'm glad I bought it from a local dealer as its very tight to get the blade in.  The first salesman could not even get the blade in. He had to ask the more experienced guy to show me. He said it will loosen up ever time. 

The on / off switch is a little awkward, so it will take a little getting used to compared to the top handle jigsaws that i'm used to.

I fell victim to the frenzy of consumerism on Friday and ordered this...

image.thumb.png.deff36fb4ceb99f280f438b638dcffcc.png

I'm hoping to sell my corded saw and not have to worry about blowing fuses when I turn on my vacuum and try to saw something at the same time.  Then again, $500 (with tax) is not cheap and I could buy a lot of other toys for that.  Should I keep it or send it back / sell it?

10 hours ago, khariV said:

image.thumb.png.deff36fb4ceb99f280f438b638dcffcc.png

I'm hoping to sell my corded saw and not have to worry about blowing fuses when I turn on my vacuum and try to saw something at the same time.  Then again, $500 (with tax) is not cheap and I could buy a lot of other toys for that.  Should I keep it or send it back / sell it?

Fuses? I’d keep the saw. That machine is a beast.

2 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Fuses? I’d keep the saw. That machine is a beast.

Yes - actual fuses!  When I bought my shed a few years back, the previous owner had wired it with a real-live fuse box instead of breakers.

Unfortunately, there will be no saw for me - see CPO thread here:

15 hours ago, khariV said:

that is a pretty good price for the flex.

Few good stuff today.

My "blemished" veritas router plane. Found a very small casting defect in the cast iron. I'll take the defect for the discount. My low angle smoother will be here later this week.

Amana 80th table saw blade. Never used Amana before from tools today com. Seems nice. Doesnt say where it is made though.

Lee valley portable light. Bought this to use at the band saw and drill press. Runs on 3 AA batteries. Super bright.

Also got a Makita 28th ripping blade for my track saw. No pics though. e2dc23d13e5066d7be065595d3964864.jpg37f88de1c9fc106b48c217df871e6089.jpgad85724a7a781bde15f3541d561d76e9.jpgc9bd8f61e241fcba1ce60b3f3f3dfefd.jpg307e848569b227fcf5cc417fb42335bc.jpgaa3bae178d8f22e913e56af1094bd512.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I ordered a limited edition Festool branded blue Sys-2 for only $60. $20 cheaper than a grey Sys-2. I also bought a pair of Tough System DS Brackets. I thought having the option of a 4th set of brackets for the DS Carrier would be handy. Another thing I got was a TSO  GRS-16 Sys-1 Foam Pac Insert Set. This set comes with a TSO branded sys-1 and foam inserts for both styles of guide rail squares. Finally I got a Sys-1 off Amazon for around $58 and to go with it I got a Kaizen Foam insert for my True Position Cabinet hardware jig.

Bought the DCS577 for $169 bare on toolup from their cyber monday part two deals. I have never bought from them before but I thought I would give them a try. They also have the flex 2/6 batteries for around $79. I did not buy though. Some decent deals still going on. https://www.toolup.com/promotions/cyber-monday-part-2