What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

14 hours ago, Jronman said:

@ChrisK how does the Flexiclick compare to your Festool counterparts?

I cannot say too much here except...

My TXS feels super refined. Both are brushed motors. The grip on my TXS is much slimmer and the tool is very compact. The Festool TXS and CXS do NOT have an offset chuck. The Bosch and the Milwaukee (NAINA) have an offset chuck. The reason I got the Bosch is because of that chuck. Super easy to slide a tool into a narrow spot and get a screw in up close to the bottom of a counter top. I love that.

I have the Fuel gen 2 M12 hammer and like that, the Bosch uses a pod style pack, not a huge fan because it really hams up the grip but I love Bosch tools. 

I am toying with selling my TXS but only because of that offset chuck. They make it for their other drills don’t know why my TXS doesn’t have one.

On 12/10/2018 at 9:47 AM, rcarnes911 said:

Just Ordered a SUNEX 2568 SAE master impact set,  EBAY has them for $138 never seen them lower so i ordered it.  I have never bought any SUNEX but they have great reviews all over the net  so i figured why not seems like the best deal for a CR-MO master set 

Some twenty years ago I bought a set of Sunex metric deep well sockets to complement the Snap-On SAE set I already owned.  The finish wasn't quite as good as the SO but they've held up every bit as well otherwise.

• Like 1

I kind of splurged yesterday.  Found the DeWalt inflator at a local Home Depot but the display was all that was left.  The tool section guy offered to knock 10% off it and I stacked my military discount to bring the price down to $81.  Amazon has it for $79 right now, but the display still had a DCB201 battery on it, increasing the value of the deal.

Afterward, I stopped by another HD and found the M12 display with a $69 price tag still showing for the 2-pack 3.0 Ah batteries.  One pack was left, which rang up at $89 (the price I've seen them elsewhere for the past week or two, despite the $69 sticker showing the sale going through early January [if I'm reading it correctly]).  I also bought the M12 bandsaw to take advantage of the free 2.0 Ah battery promo and I'm sorely tempted to get the M12 Fuel 1/2" ratchet soon to add to the truck kit.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried out the newest Milwaukee tool?  I recently purchased this 3" cut off tool.  I can honestly say that I use it for all kinds of projects!
48403617_1968313919891061_5304658667851743232_o.thumb.jpg.ba3120d3e3462cce090557aa80695705.jpg
I've looked a little bit but haven't found out for sure, but is there blades for cutting wood for this?
Sorry to pig back on your post without an answer, but I haven't used this yet, but will be getting here in the not to distant future.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Since buying my DeWalt inflator I've found more than a few in other stores.  It seems the battery is included (I thought it was just for the demo), but I still feel as though the deal was decent.

Anyway, I picked up the M12 Fuel 1/2" ratchet with free battery and the Toughshell jacket Sunday, and just picked up the heated hoodie today.  While I don't have any higher capacity batteries, this gives me three 1.5 Ah, five 2.0 Ah batteries, and the two 3.0 Ah packs I picked up Saturday.  M12 has a bunch of decent tools but for now I think I'm done with the exception of a small light.  I have the non-Fuel drill and impact driver, 3/8" ratchet, inflator, soldering iron, and the above-mentioned recently acquired tools.

• Like 1

Bosch DDS183 compact drill. I passed on getting one of these a while back and got the Hitachi instead. I found a great deal on the Bosch that I couldn't refuse, so now I have both.

First impressions: the Bosch is awesome. It feels more powerful than the Hitachi and is noticeably lighter in weight. Just as ergonomic, smaller, and much quieter as well.

Downside: Mine has a wobbly chuck! Damn, this would have been the perfect drill. I hate when this happens. The Hitachi has a perfect chuck, no wobble or run out whatsoever. 

IMG20181220133808.jpg

IMG_20181220_145137.jpg

IMG_20181220_145110.jpg

• Like 3

Well, found the DeWalt inflator with battery marked down to $79, negating my "deal" but not worth return/rebuy.  Also found the DeWalt forced air heater at my local Lowe's but passed it up.

I did pick up two more Jawhorses, though.  Found them for $86.40 each and left two.  This gives me an even four, which is great due to how handy they are.  Also picked up the M12 stapler with free battery, along with a Ridgid kit with free impact wrench for my son.

• Like 1

Little Man and I stopped by the farm store, and they had a Husqvarna 135 chainsaw marked about $30 less than anyplace else I’ve seen, so we picked it up, along with a quart can of 40:1 VP fuel. And a pair of Carhartt pants for the kid.

• Like 1

My sysrock, guide rail stop, pica dry pencil, and 4 port fast charger arrived yesterday.

I also picked up a Tough System tote with handle and a DeWALT DCGG571B grease gun from Builders/DoitBest today. Wanted the tote to keep empty in the vehicle for if I need to fill it with loose stuff from work to use at the jobsite. Beats using cardboard boxes. Also going to use the grease gun for future use on some new equipment I am planning on buying. Neither were on sale but the prices weren't bad.

• Like 2