What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

Just bought a new vac, a Festool CTL 26. I was going to go with the DEWALT as I have mostly DEWALT tools and figured they’d connect better but I really dislike the cartridge filters going into the drum design. This is replacing an old Dyson that I use currently which blocks to easily when using it with fine dust.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jronman said:

@D W you got 2?

One is the 18V version I got a few months ago. I should have posted a photo of the 36V only but I forgot to take one.

It's practically still brand new/hardly used. They look very similar, especially the grips. 

IMG20190110132807.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nigativety said:

Bought some condoms... then charitably gave them to DeWALT fanboys to encourage them to stop playing with their dicks & get some pussy. 😁😂 

Please be respectful to all brands including ones you dislike. I think the mods would much appreciate it. Thank you. @ChrisK

• Like 1

I bought the last three Gorilla work platforms at my local HD this morning.  The price went back to $59.88 but this store still had the $29 price displayed.  A similar thing happened when I bought my M12 3.0Ah batteries for $69 after they'd gone back to $89.  A quick price adjustment and problem (being the oversight on employees' part) solved...

As for the work platforms, I find them to be handy tables, benches, and even supports for air mattresses, besides their normal use.  I probably have ten total now, mostly Gorilla but one lone Werner.  They're cheaper, sturdier, and more practical than Wal-Mart style furniture.

Purchased this yesterday. It was my grandfather's who sold in back in '11 before Alzheimer's set in. 1931 Ford Model AA. Inline 4. Whopping 40hp and pretty much top speed of 40 mph. And I will love all 40 of it. It's currently a few hours north of me right now. I went to Chicago for a Lie Nielsen hand tool event and drove 40 min to see it. I paid the man and got the title in hand. He will trailer it down to me when it's nicer weather. The lettering on the side is from when my grandpa had it. It's dark green with black fender and radiator. He purchased it around 1980. Due to his Alzheimer's I can't ask him for sure.

It hasn't been ran in over a year so I will need to do maintenance on it. Hopefully I will be able to get it running prior to July. My grandpa and I took it to the truckers jamboree truck show at Iowa 80 truck stop for years. 7167e48e8523e2d7505013ec4940b624.jpg631f2f3c5c3f9309343e137dca2b8846.jpge532251ad21bc53298d5a7824aa4af08.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Like 8

1 hour ago, rrich1 said:

Purchased this yesterday. It was my grandfather's who sold in back in '11 before Alzheimer's set in. 1931 Ford Model AA. Inline 4. Whopping 40hp and pretty much top speed of 40 mph. And I will love all 40 of it. It's currently a few hours north of me right now. I went to Chicago for a Lie Nielsen hand tool event and drove 40 min to see it. I paid the man and got the title in hand. He will trailer it down to me when it's nicer weather. The lettering on the side is from when my grandpa had it. It's dark green with black fender and radiator. He purchased it around 1980. Due to his Alzheimer's I can't ask him for sure.

It hasn't been ran in over a year so I will need to do maintenance on it. Hopefully I will be able to get it running prior to July. My grandpa and I took it to the truckers jamboree truck show at Iowa 80 truck stop for years. 7167e48e8523e2d7505013ec4940b624.jpg631f2f3c5c3f9309343e137dca2b8846.jpge532251ad21bc53298d5a7824aa4af08.jpg

Congrats bro, that is awesome and what a great memory to bring to your kids!

• Like 1

Congrats bro, that is awesome and what a great memory to bring to your kids!
Thanks Chris. I'm really stoked about it. Now I'll have to switch back to car and grease mode after it gets here[emoji16]. I will definitely need to power through my next few furniture projects.

What's awesome in this whole thing is that I took a random week of vacation this year in July when we did our shift sign up last month. I found out on Christmas Eve that they were selling me the truck. I looked earlier this month and the truck show that we always took it to is the same week as my vacation. Too much of a coincidence!

• Like 1

That is sweet!! Happy for ya, to get a hold of that and bring it back home... Here's to hoping it stays in the family for good now!! [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

I got a Diablo Demon Demon Tracking Point Amped blade for my DSC577. Supposedly on sale. Wanted the blade for demo work. Also got a Freud 28 tooth blade for my DCS520. Also supposedly on sale. Wanted to see how well a lower tooth blade would perform over the stock 42 tooth blade. Might make for a good sheathing saw if it performs well. Still contemplating whether I keep the second track saw (DCS520) or sell it. My total wasn't enough to get me free shipping so I threw in a 7 piece Fisch brad point drill bit set to get the free shipping. It was an entry level set but considering the set is made by Fisch they should be halfway decent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisK said:

Just saw the Dewalt Flexvolt compressor with two batteries deal via Toolguyd and bought the set. Should be in Wednesday with the bonus Flexvolt battery😎

If I ever get a compressor I wouldn't mind a flex compressor but I have heard they are loud.