New 12V (10.8V) brushless

jeffmcmillan

Here's my 12v tools getting some use installing cabinets on our current kitchen reno. The new PS42 is awesome...especially with a 4ah battery!7de61ec342f81312901cdfdffbb5a3d8.jpg

Compared to your older impact is this new one a different beast ? Cos when I upgraded my 18v impact to the brushless 18v it was loads better even though the stats don't show a big difference it just works faster and better that's why I wondered if this one is the same ? And does the 4ah give it more of an edge ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 3/20/2016 at 8:51 AM, Craigh9916 said:

Well I ordered my gdr 18 v ec from Korea on eBay and it came in 4 days too which was impressive and I'm tempted to buy the 10.8v gdr v ec too even though I don't need it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since when has need mattered? :)

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2016 at 0:45 PM, overanalyze said:

I have not done a head to head yet on the new impact with my 4ah battery. Here is a quick video showing the new guy compared to the PS41 and the IDH182.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Craig,

I picked up the PS22 a year and a half ago and was wishing/waiting on the PS42. But, after watching your vid I settled on the PS41 and PS31 combo from Lowes for $129. I prefer the smallish 12 volt tools for kitchen cabinet installs. If my pile of Makita 12 volt max stuff, which was otherwise just fine, hadn't been eating chargers and batteries I probably would've stuck with those. The 2.0 and 4.0 Bosch batts seem to last and last in the PS22. Maybe I won't get the run time in the brushed tools. However, I didn't see a big enough jump in horespower in your vid to stop me from indulging in a delayed impulse buy! Thanks for the movie.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, D W said:

I wish the brushed version had a belt clip. I'm nearly prepared to make a custom one for it.

I am with you! It should be an easy upgrade. A nice piece of metal shaped how you would like, remove the battery, pre-drill 2 small holes in the back of the plastic at the base of the motor (pop case off for piece of mind if you need it), drill holes in belt clip, attach belt slip with 2 small washer head screws with large threads. Voila!

• Like 2