kc tool co deal of the day

rrich1

2 hours ago, BMack37 said:

I'm pretty sure the shipping was lowered sometime last year, I remember it being more like $10 to ship. The trick is to keep looking and find stuff you want from KC and putting it in your cart, then when a good deal of the day comes up you're splitting the cost of shipping between three items or you're hitting your free shipping threshold.

Worst case, support them because it's a small American business and the cost is the same as Amazon.

I was about to post a follow up but you nailed it for me. kc has always been great and I will order from or look at them first.

• Like 1

You brain goes well if I spend 25 dollars more its worth it because I get free shipping right! I will say Amazon has conditioned us well for free shipping though.

Totally. I've had prime since the beginning. Got my knipex 7", and 10" set $20 cheaper than KC. Though I did get the knipex 8" combo pliers from kc. That item was not prime eligible, and was listed about $25 more than KC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2017 at 11:00 AM, khariV said:

I suggested that they let us buy several deals of the day over time but not ship them until the total reaches some threshold for free shipping. This would be dangerous but it would be fun. 

On 1/14/2017 at 8:46 PM, JimboS1ice said:

Very good point, Ryan from KC has been awesome to us here, shipping is a bitch not gonna lie but getting the 10 percent off and sticker hookups plus hands down the best customer service of any online retailer, one order i got mis picked and I ended up with 2 metric sets they sent the right item no questions asked and I kept the mistake, also you get a German made bit with every order and a thank you note, that just makes me want to keep hitting add to cart

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

Dude you guys are awesome to us too. Being able to talk to your customers across the globe on here is freaking amazing. We love it.

Tool of the Day is definitely my baby and I love the traffic on the site, but I don't make much on my baby. I'm going to try and figure out some possible way to help you all out like @rrich1 and @khariV have suggested. I really don't have a clue what it is going to look like. Give me some time though. I am going to need to get creative. I might even need to get my USPS, UPS, and Fedex reps back out to discuss. Is a TOD of membership something people would be interested in? I guess I'm crowd sourcing ideas to make this work for everyone.  

Remember...take pity on an old sonofagun and buy something not on sale once in awhile too.  haha!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, KC_Tool said:

Dude you guys are awesome to us too. Being able to talk to your customers across the globe on here is freaking amazing. We love it.

Tool of the Day is definitely my baby and I love the traffic on the site, but I don't make much on my baby. I'm going to try and figure out some possible way to help you all out like @rrich1 and @khariV have suggested. I really don't have a clue what it is going to look like. Give me some time though. I am going to need to get creative. I might even need to get my USPS, UPS, and Fedex reps back out to discuss. Is a TOD of membership something people would be interested in? I guess I'm crowd sourcing ideas to make this work for everyone.  

Remember...take pity on an old sonofagun and buy something not on sale once in awhile too.  haha!

The only problem is I don't know how much people would be willing to pay for a yearly TOD membership for it to be viable, but like others have mentioned the 50 dollar cut off till free shipping is tough because because I'm more likely to look into the deal more critically if I really need it. If free shipping was available on TOD deals the impulse shopping would be greater, or the other thing is on TOD deals under 50 maybe and option of charging like 3 dollars to ship and item I don't know you shipping rates so its hard to guess on what would be a practical option.

• Like 2

I personally do not feel that a fifty dollar minimum is a major hurdle when it comes to free shipping, especially when there is an across the board discount available. The only realistic method to lowering or deleting the minimum would be to raise prices on all items that would normally be priced below it in order to compensate for shipping costs. In the real world, volume purchasers get the best pricing and single item buyers pay the going rate. Single small item sales do not garner major profit margins, and sometimes do not cover the cost of labor to pack them up for transport. It is always the hope that those sales will generate larger orders in the future. I would rather gain an additional discount for over $300 (as an example) orders than receive free shipping on an order that is less than fifty.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, DR99 said:

The only problem is I don't know how much people would be willing to pay for a yearly TOD membership for it to be viable, but like others have mentioned the 50 dollar cut off till free shipping is tough because because I'm more likely to look into the deal more critically if I really need it. If free shipping was available on TOD deals the impulse shopping would be greater, or the other thing is on TOD deals under 50 maybe and option of charging like 3 dollars to ship and item I don't know you shipping rates so its hard to guess on what would be a practical option.

CC: @KC_Tool

That might be a good idea, free shipping on deal of the day. See if it drives more traffic, less profit but more volume...then you have new customers coming in. You could do a test month and make sure you're not going to lose your shirt. The "All deals of the day ship for free this month" email should get some attention too.

Of course you'll need to make sure that you guys are still in the profit for this to be remotely viable. The last thing we want is to give you bad advice in trying to help KC Tool grow.

• Like 3

I think it would be cool to have a monthly mystery box, is buy into that! As for shipping its a necessary evil that isn't getting cheaper sometimes I look away for not free shipping but unless your a large conglomorate like amazon you kind of have to charge shipping, maybe if there's a way to track certain people once they hit a threshold over the course of so much time it qualifies you for free shipping, so at this point your throwing a bone at you regulars eh hem and still not sacrificing your sales margin

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

• Like 2

Putting two torx bits in a set is just a tease. I've had 12pc torx sets that still dont always have the right size and they expect two to be useful?  Not to mention nothing with torx uses fewer than three different sizes. Might as well put in a dozen flat heads like everyone else and save me the disappointment when the last two screws are T7 instead of T6.

/rant

Putting two torx bits in a set is just a tease. I've had 12pc torx sets that still dont always have the right size and they expect two to be useful?  Not to mention nothing with torx uses fewer than three different sizes. Might as well put in a dozen flat heads like everyone else and save me the disappointment when the last two screws are T7 instead of T6.

/rant

Agreed I'd rather take the 45 bucks and stick it under my pillow for the tooth fairy to put in my wiha full set precision screw driver fund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

@KC_Tool I noticed that in Europe some of the tool kits sold are offered in L-boxxes or systainers, instead of just a regular tool box of some sort. Would it be worth your time to set up a special order page on your site to test the interest level on these tool sets, or are they not available for shipping to North America from the manufacturers?

• Like 4

@KC_Tool I noticed that in Europe some of the tool kits sold are offered in L-boxxes or systainers, instead of just a regular tool box of some sort. Would it be worth your time to set up a special order page on your site to test the interest level on these tool sets, or are they not available for shipping to North America from the manufacturers?

Pretty sure they have some gedire kits in lboxx and systainers available

Jimbo

sent from tapatalk

42 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Pretty sure they have some gedire kits in lboxx and systainers available

Jimbo

The ones I was looking at on the euro sites were Wera and Wiha.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JMG said:

The ones I was looking at on the euro sites were Wera and Wiha.

Can you shoot me a link @JMG?

Sometimes different countries have different licensing agreements. I am 99% sure Wiha isn't licensed in the States for L-Boxx or systainers, but Wera might be. Let me check it out.

37 minutes ago, JMG said:

@KC_Tool For that matter; Is there anything stopping you guys from offering the Sortimo system?

Newer cargo vans are becoming more sortimo compatible all the time, but they haven't fully caught on yet. We are looking at them for the future, but we don't sell them currently. They are expensive and bulky inventory too. We probably will start with the Workmo series...maybe q3 this year...??? Thoughts, suggestions?

@KC_Tool Back to the suggestion of a special order catalog section for non stock items. Not always the best sales practice, but it could give an idea of what might be a good stock item for the future, or if it will even be a viable product line.

On a separate note; Any progress with the roofing tool companies?

35 minutes ago, JMG said:

At 1:09 and 13:05 there are some good shots of his Sortimo setup. Other than that this is a great video about tools...

I've seen that before but I've gotta watch it again, he does have a nice idea instead of stuffing drawers...personally, I like my drawers but refuse to pile, but damn it takes up a lot of space. Maybe I need to do a mix of this and what I do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JMG said:

@KC_Tool Back to the suggestion of a special order catalog section for non stock items. Not always the best sales practice, but it could give an idea of what might be a good stock item for the future, or if it will even be a viable product line.

On a separate note; Any progress with the roofing tool companies?

We are at something of an impasse. Price to play is pretty high currently. They don't dabble on this side of the pond much. Doesnt seem like they are eager to jump in...sometimes people stay with what they know...can't blame them.

On 1/24/2017 at 2:01 PM, KC_Tool said:

Newer cargo vans are becoming more sortimo compatible all the time, but they haven't fully caught on yet. We are looking at them for the future, but we don't sell them currently. They are expensive and bulky inventory too. We probably will start with the Workmo series...maybe q3 this year...??? Thoughts, suggestions?

Are there any Workmo setups filled with T-boxx instead of the L or I series, and are the Workmo stackable?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ballen1114
    Newest Member
    Ballen1114