Rank your M12s

Stercorarius

The 1/4" ratchet is brand new. I don't like the m12 multitool. No quick-change chuck, it just feels like a toy compared to the M18 or Dewalt 20v. WTH, it was free. So was the 3/8" drill. I don't use it either. I have the Fuel 1/2" if I use a 12 volt drill. The rest are actually used, some pretty heavily!

It's ok I too like to keep my tools looking good! How you get them free?

But seriously, you selling any of those items you just listed?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I like the usefulness that comes with a multi tool, and I've been glad to have my m12 one on many occasions. I don't know what one might use it for mainly, I use it for making discreet holes in drywall doing plumbing, or cutting pipes in tight spaces. I looked at dewalts with the quick change setup and thought how easily that would get in the way of spaces I've had to cut in. Actually didn't think of checking the m18 out, how much bigger than the m12 is it?

It's ok I too like to keep my tools looking good! How you get them free?

But seriously, you selling any of those items you just listed?

No, I don't think so.  As far as free, the drill came with the bluetooth speaker kit.  I got the speaker/drill/2 batteries/charger/bag for $65 at Home Depot.  The multitool came free with a kit purchase.

I like the usefulness that comes with a multi tool, and I've been glad to have my m12 one on many occasions. I don't know what one might use it for mainly, I use it for making discreet holes in drywall doing plumbing, or cutting pipes in tight spaces. I looked at dewalts with the quick change setup and thought how easily that would get in the way of spaces I've had to cut in. Actually didn't think of checking the m18 out, how much bigger than the m12 is it?

Here's a couple pics comparing the two.  I have 2.0 batteries in each tool.

post-54122-0-57832700-1455730528.jpg

post-54122-0-81358900-1455730537.jpg

• Like 1

I found drywall to be about the only thing that m12 multitool was good for. I don't know about pipes. With pvc in a tight spot I use a wire cutter. Especially if there are wires in the conduit. I don't even know where my m12 multitool is at the moment and I don't really care. I can't think of a single thing that it does better than many other cheaper tools on the market. It also flies through batteries. Probably wouldn't be as annoying if it actually cut things in that time.

I found drywall to be about the only thing that m12 multitool was good for. I don't know about pipes. With pvc in a tight spot I use a wire cutter. Especially if there are wires in the conduit. I don't even know where my m12 multitool is at the moment and I don't really care. I can't think of a single thing that it does better than many other cheaper tools on the market. It also flies through batteries. Probably wouldn't be as annoying if it actually cut things in that time.

Nah I'm talking tighter spots than you can get a wire cutter in, the one-arm reach, like a vet up a cow's back end getting a calf turned around, but I like you're approach on that too

Nah I'm talking tighter spots than you can get a wire cutter in, the one-arm reach, like a vet up a cow's back end getting a calf turned around, but I like you're approach on that too

They do make saws for when that goes awry. You keep them in your palm and then you can pull out chunks..... luckily haven't had to do that one yet. But when you are up to your shoulder trying to get a calf out you get some serious arm falling asleep action from fighting the contractions. Are you from a livestock background?

The M12 Jigsaw is by far my favorite M12 tool. It's small, comfortable, precise, and I've yet to find a job it couldn't handle acceptably.

There are a lot of great M12 tools, but it was a first of its kind and even now it's one of the few common tools that there really isn't a very similar alternative to. Very under appreciated IMO.

Still waiting on the Pop Rivet gun.....

• Like 1

The M12 Jigsaw is by far my favorite M12 tool. It's small, comfortable, precise, and I've yet to find a job it couldn't handle acceptably.

There are a lot of great M12 tools, but it was a first of its kind and even now it's one of the few common tools that there really isn't a very similar alternative to. Very under appreciated IMO.

Still waiting on the Pop Rivet gun.....

I'd buy a pop rivet gun. Don't need one, ID still buy it. Are there plans or just wishful thinking?

They do make saws for when that goes awry. You keep them in your palm and then you can pull out chunks..... luckily haven't had to do that one yet.

What type of saw are you talking about?

Are you from a livestock background?

Not directly, I grew up on apple farm and also constructing. My grandparents raised hogs and some cattle, so I only got a little with that

I'd buy a pop rivet gun. Don't need one, ID still buy it. Are there plans or just wishful thinking?

I contacted Milwaukee about this after putting a couple hundred pop rivets in by hand once, they simply said they didn't have one nor one in the works. That was a year ago at least though

I contacted Milwaukee about this after putting a couple hundred pop rivets in by hand once, they simply said they didn't have one nor one in the works. That was a year ago at least though

I know several companies make pneumatic ones

There are a lot of great M12 tools, but it was a first of its kind and even now it's one of the few common tools that there really isn't a very similar alternative to. Very under appreciated IMO./quote]

I was in the fence with the M12 jigsaw when HD was clearing it out for $60. What finally convinced me not to get it was the fact that a lot of reviewers said that, without a built in blower, the sight line was just too hard to keep clean to run a straight cut or even see what you were doing. The anti chip plastic insert only made it worse.

That'll teach me to listed to Internet reviewers...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a lot of great M12 tools, but it was a first of its kind and even now it's one of the few common tools that there really isn't a very similar alternative to. Very under appreciated IMO./quote]

I was in the fence with the M12 jigsaw when HD was clearing it out for $60. What finally convinced me not to get it was the fact that a lot of reviewers said that, without a built in blower, the sight line was just too hard to keep clean to run a straight cut or even see what you were doing. The anti chip plastic insert only made it worse.

That'll teach me to listed to Internet reviewers...

That's probably my one gripe about the m12 is the chips cover the sight line, so I just huff and puff and blower them all away! Got mine clever exceed at HD as well, It's great to grab for quick cuts when I don't feel like grabbing the Bosch.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All this talk about the m12 jigsaw has me thinking I need it. Have been on the fence about getting it. But if conductor and Jimbo like it that's good enough for me!

It's small and has great control, I knew i e posted it before the thing is a basic saw but it's so compact and never had a power issue with it, blade always stays straight, I don't really scroll with it but I'm sure it would do a good job with it, the LEDs are awesome.

Jimbo

• Like 1

It's small and has great control, I knew i e posted it before the thing is a basic saw but it's so compact and never had a power issue with it, blade always stays straight, I don't really scroll with it but I'm sure it would do a good job with it, the LEDs are awesome.

Jimbo

The control of the saw, compact size, completely tool-less blade changes and adjustments, more than make up not having a blower. Like you, I just give it a puff or two as I'm going to keep dust clear.

When this saw came out, tool-less adjustments were not the standard features they are today, which really helped it stand out. To this day this is the only tool I have ever pre-ordered. It is the most precise jig saw I have ever used and I wouldn't take $500 for it if I couldn't get another one.

As for the Pop Rivet gun, I started that movement 3-4 years ago. I posted all over the Internet about wanting one, several of us emailed Milwaukee about it, and Dan and Eric included it a couple times in video, all to coax Milwaukee into producing one. Never got any traction though.

There are lots of pneumatic models out there, and even a few cordless versions, but they are all either insanely expensive (Marson), or do nut rivets instead (Astro). I really thought that with the emphasis Milwaukee was putting on trade specific tools, a Pop gun would be a good addition. I guess they didn't agree.

• Like 2

I don't have all the M12's you guys have.  Just drills and impacts and a M12 wrench.  What I can say is I will grab a M12 drill over a M18 drill.  Much lighter and easier to use.  In fact I hardly use my M18 drills.  I'm sorry I jumped on the M18 Fuel drill/impact kit from International Tool B4 Christmas.  Now I have regular and Fuel M18 drills I rarely use.  I do use the M18 Impacts sometimes for nut & bolts but most of the time I use my M12 wrench.