M12 6.0ah battery spotted

Mattias Blomqvist

Would definitely love to see the 6.0xc and a 3.0 for my heated hoodie

I wonder how long the 9Ah m18 battery would power the hoodie? The problem is if it would fit in the battery pocket though, "is that a 9Ah battery in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"  ;)

I wonder how long the 9Ah m18 battery would power the hoodie? The problem is if it would fit in the battery pocket though, "is that a 9Ah battery in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" ;)

You could cook a small turkey in it!

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they can build 6ah packs in 18V, there's no reason they can't do the same with 10.8V (M12), its just 6 cells instead of 10. I do question why people are using 10.8V tools though, if they need 6ah of juice for it. I'm sure there will be a few good reasons though....

The M12 Fuel Hackzall doesn't really run that long on a 4.0 battery.  After an hour or two of light demo, it's time to change the battery.

But isn't they meant to be as compact and light has humanly possible. That is at least what I would use them for.

The 18/36V equipment would be the power and runtime stuff.

Milwaukee seems to think differently.  Even through I agree about compact and light 12V tools, it's definitely worth having the more powerful tools so people can stick with a 12V line instead of getting a second line or corded tools for things like a reciprocating saw or circular saw.

But isn't they meant to be as compact and light has humanly possible. That is at least what I would use them for.

I can see that argument.  However, Milwaukee doesn't make a brushless hackzall in M18, which is why I have the M12 Fuel.  I have used both, as my dad only uses M18 and has one, and I just don't like it compared to the Fuel.  Even with a 4.0 battery, the motor housing is more compact and the tool is just more enjoyable to use.  Milwaukee also makes a ton of M12 tools that they don't make in M12, although I can't think of any that would require a big battery.  I don't think of the PVC shear and copper tubing cutter as big battery eaters.

Different strokes for different folks. I can see situations like a guy putting up conduit overhead all day into concrete with an m12 SDS who wants a lighter tool but still some great runtime. The 6.0 pack if real looks identical to the 3 and 4 in size and prob marginally heavier at most. More amps and not much downside wrt to size and weight is a win win in my book. Also there are uses like lanterns and flashlights which never seem to have enough runtime ;)

• Like 1

Different strokes for different folks. I can see situations like a guy putting up conduit overhead all day into concrete with an m12 SDS who wants a lighter tool but still some great runtime. The 6.0 pack if real looks identical to the 3 and 4 in size and prob marginally heavier at most. More amps and not much downside wrt to size and weight is a win win in my book. Also there are uses like lanterns and flashlights which never seem to have enough runtime ;)

Yeah, I guess I can see it. Though, when you are working like that, you probably isn't cold any more, and just swap out the spare 2,5 AH battery from your heating jacket: :-D

Yeah, I guess you guys is right. And I can very much see why you would consider the powerfull m12 drill if thats your only one.