Milwaukee Warranty?

RickyMcGrath

wow, question is how was it sent in? most likely all together I'm assuming.....that is an older model was it within warranty time?

probably thought he declined to get it fixed just pack it up the way it is.......

Wow. That's pretty surprising. I'm sure that was a rogue employee and not a Milwaukee policy though. Not a good way to garner customer commitment. I have had to use their warranty services three times and was really happy with the service. Not happy I had problems but very very happy with the service.

It was in the timeframe but they're claiming water damage. Which is understandable. He's a PLUMBER.

it was picked up from our shop with about a dozen other tools. And yes, it was all assembled.

I'd clean it put it back together and send it in manually....to another service center.....

I've heard those have problems where water can drip in from a pipe you're cutting overhead and fry it.  Silly since that's the primary use of the tool but I'd heard they warranty that pretty well since it's more a design flaw than abuse.

should come with some kind of deflector cover kinda like the very fine screen clips the fuel grinder has on the side

screen_1.png

I've heard those have problems where water can drip in from a pipe you're cutting overhead and fry it.  Silly since that's the primary use of the tool but I'd heard they warranty that pretty well since it's more a design flaw than abuse.

yeah.... I may have done that with the PVC shears lol, but it was covered under warranty, probably because it was brand new. Lesson learned. They aren't meant to be doused in water.

Like Chris, I too have had no problems with their warranty. But, I use their website, Milwaukee's eservice to fill out warranty issues, so I don't have to deal with centers, because they are unreliable and slow. It's been a year since I have done that though, and that was a bad battery pack, just went bad suddenly.

Eservice

One of my plumbing techs sent in his M12 Hackzall and they wouldn't cover under warranty so he didn't want to pay for repairs. This is how it's sent back.

3df79496876026845eb359226d9d85ae.jpg

I would bet that if you used their E service they would fix it. Those local repair shops have some pretty dumb people in them half the time sadly. I had the same problem with my m18 hackzall. Seems like Milwaukee ttys harder to keep you happier than the local guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would bet that if you used their E service they would fix it. Those local repair shops have some pretty dumb people in them half the time sadly. I had the same problem with my m18 hackzall. Seems like Milwaukee ttys harder to keep you happier than the local guys.

This seems true for the most part, but lately they have been doing good where we send them at work, just once in awhile we get the odd circumstance that they screw up a warranty and it takes 3 months to get the tool back.

Personally, I Just use eservice anyways

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

well if you have a local ma and pa shops take on the responsibility of becoming a certified service center they often employ some people that just go by what they think because they are not there to think so instead of doing the things right they just say sorry I can't fix it. Another thing is some of these small shops can't always rely on Milwaukee kick backs, ok so you bring in a tool buddy gives you a clean replacement then they deal with Milwaukee and Milwaukee say....whoa this is not covered.......the little shop is out the tool? or they wait for a payment to long so instead of dealing with it they just say nope not covered. deal direct with Milwaukee probably best bet!

• Like 1

should come with some kind of deflector cover kinda like the very fine screen clips the fuel grinder has on the side

screen_1.png

More than that, the business end of tools should really be completely sealed unless you have vents with enough airflow to keep water out.  I've had to cut things with the front half of a sawzall underwater with no problems

I think the M18 Fuel sawzall is sealed to prevent just this dirty of water damage from cutting pipes full of water. It's just a shame that the Hackzall hasn't gotten the same treatment.

M12 hackzall is one of the oldest M12 tools.